Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just like in WotLK 'make your own group' is pointless and unhelpful advice.

Akin to 'just get a million dollars' and other similarly useless bits of advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the nice friendly people when all the douchbag/antisocial tanks and healers leave en masse.

No - the simple reason that many people have trouble finding a good team is numbers - some classes, roles etc are just not in demand.

If your class/role is in demand then you can be the nastiest douchebag on the planet and there will be a place for you.
    Actually no, it's great advice. And even if people refuse to make their own groups for whatever reason, there are plenty of ways to get groups outside of the group finder. Guilds, friends and a variety of communities(like on discord). They also have the option of playing a different class/role if they very desperately want to find a group.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Actually no, it's great advice.
    Incorrect - great advice would be to do something possible.

It is literally impossible for many classes to start a group, by that - I mean create and form a group within the 6-8 hours you have in a day to do it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Did a twink run +10 yesterday evening for the weekly cache and needed to pug one dps. All players in the group had +1k rating and we invited a player with 900 rating, 378 ilvl. What can go wrong? Well... everything. He/She was so clueless it hurt. It was late, we didn't care so we trusted his score and ilvl ingame and didn't look it up on the website. Afterwards I took a look and he depleted every key above 9. Even with only depleted keys (10 depleted = ~90 score) you will have 900 raider.io score.

So new rule in place for now. Time at least every key on +10. You will have ~1000 raider.io score and you will get invited to my group. Should be easy. I don't care if people like it or not. If I find a good player I will add him to my friendlist, but if I have to pug you better have a decent score.
    Damn man you had it rough lol! True with what you say about depleted 10 keys and have ~~ high score. Do what i've done, make a m+ community as i did. My community is filled with tanks, we are 4 premades that miss only the tank . gave all 3 admin rights to invite ppl they do keys with too if they are good ofc.
    All fine and dandy just need to push more keys , it's just time for me sadly don't have time to spam m+ like i would like to tho.

It is literally impossible for many classes to start a group, by that - I mean create and form a group within the 6-8 hours you have in a day to do it.
    True, it is very difficult if you go complain on MMOC instead. There's tons of people of every class forming groups all the time. How else do you think people get their raider.io score or weekly +10s done or whatever it is they do? They make groups. They join groups. They get to know people to group with again in the future.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The only problem I have with raider.io is that the barrier to entry snowballs out of control. I was away for one week a few days after M+ released, and when I got back, people were asking for really high RIO scores for fairly trivial content (like +4s, +5s). Everything just snowballed from there and people are demanding higher RIO ratings with each passing week.

I can do M+s with my guild to get the 10 each week, so it's not a huge problem, but if I just wanna pug a +8 and above it's impossible. More than anything, I feel punished for not no-lifing the game in the first week of M+. If I had the time, I could have accumulated a decent RIO score and then snowballed that score from there.

Deleted
    Gearscore was actually bullshit, yes. This shit didn't show anything.

In Legion, I hated raider.io because of simple reasons: I mostly played this addon alone and it was tough to higher your score.
    Now I use it, too, and this addon is simply AWESOME.

Some simple reasons. I won't queue instances, where the leader is already low scored. Did it at the beginning of the addon, it was almost disgusting to play with these.
    Now, if we are only 4 people and need a random, this addon is just perfect. Literally 9 out of 10 times people, where we simply decided after ILVL between the same classes, were simply bad (That's why Gearscore was bullshit af).
    When we started picking after rio score guys with 10 ILVLs less but higher score were always the better players.

Of course it is stupid when people want a damn high score for +7 f.e., but even then some stupid players can screw everything up.

Also if you are a damage dealer and try to get into groups it is a lottery. When we build our groups and need one more DPS I get so many angry and bullshit whispers from mad people when I have to decline them. I am sorry I have the choice between 30 people that queued and don't need your class or there is someone better than you are to chose from when I don't know anyone of you.

And if you have problems with the curve Achievement...get the FakeAchievement addon, easy.
    Most people don' check your armory anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2018-10-10 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    True, it is very difficult
    Of course it is ... you sit there for 3 or 4 hours watching the little green eye stare at you, having amusing conversations with the 10-15 DPS that wonder through your group whilst you are waiting for healers and tanks.

Thanks for admitting your error.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Of course it is ... you sit there for 3 or 4 hours watching the little green eye stare at you, having amusing conversations with the 10-15 DPS that wonder through your group whilst you are waiting for a healer.

Thanks for admitting your error.
    Your selective quoting is pretty on point.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The original gearscore weighted items as well, not to mention it was at a time where no one suddenly got +50 iLvl on pieces because of titanforging, so it just ment you knew how to gear and you did content that gave you that gear. retards.io can be cheesed with carry runs just as much as any other system.
    except everyone had raid gear with badges of frost
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account

Because clicking ‘create a group’ , selecting which dungeon, typing a name, and then inviting whoever you see fit requires PhD, good credit balance and 50 000 dollars in your pocket? Using an OS if not pure DPS is also on the table. And lets not forget actually making friends in an MMO or simply joining guild/community
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Deleted
    The problem with raider io is that it doesn't register all the runs. When i come home from work after a reset , my +8-9s wont register. And during the weekend that i have more time to form groups and finds people from guild etc, i guarantee you that even if i do all on +10 no even one will register. So how the fuck am i supposed to get points if the only way is to rush just after the reset on do keys way higher than i am capable of? Either register all the keys or none, otherwise this is only a tool useful for the top 1% players of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    Because clicking ‘create a group’ , selecting which dungeon, typing a name, and then inviting whoever you see fit requires PhD,
    No - the PhD doesn't help at all.

If a PhD helped - it would be classed as difficult, not impossible (just FYI).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The original gearscore weighted items as well, not to mention it was at a time where no one suddenly got +50 iLvl on pieces because of titanforging, so it just ment you knew how to gear and you did content that gave you that gear. retards.io can be cheesed with carry runs just as much as any other system.
    And Gearscore couldn't be cheesed by being carried? Okay, of course not.
    Beside that, Gearscore weighted items god damn wrong so many times. You could simply have crappy high ilvl trinkets and your gearscore went up while it would have been worse in bis gear.

Also, GL getting carried in everything above +10. If the whole group does not do what they have to do they won't have success.
    But why would you care about raider.io scores if you can get high scores while getting carried? Then you should have a high score, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    No - the PhD doesn't help at all.

If a PhD helped - it would be classed as difficult, not impossible (just FYI).
    Who classified it as ‘impossible’? Someone who doesnt know how to do it properly? Yeah, thats some stone heavy evidence right there. Deffo heavier than my blue geared rogue(2 resets ago I think) joining lower keys, or the hunt second week of mythics when i made my own grp and filled it in 10 mins(it was under 325 ilvl and i made grp because most ones wanted geared main over undergeared alt)

Yeah, its ‘my’ experience, but it shows its far from ‘impossible’
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-10-10 at 09:13 AM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Raider.io and Curve (and fake achi generators ) made the game great again

Threads like this present the worst of both extremes of the World of Warcraft community. And we all know that a middle ground doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve
    This has been in the game for-ev-er. and won't happen. Does no one remember GearScore?

This topic can be discussed ad nauseam but it won't happen. You need to adapt. This is the truth and it's just how it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would have said it was a good tool for helping form a group. Having checked my profile though, it's not accurate as it currently only has me having completed a single +2 dungeon, when in reality so far ive done a couple of successful plus +5s. I haven't raided this expansion because it just doesn't fit with my lifestyle currently. Can I contribute to a group more than somone who has brought boosted runs of course I can.
    I guess the point is, you never really know who you're inviting into a group but a tool like this is helps a bit and nobody wants to waste their precious time wiping because of window lickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    Yes. Because like at the WOTLK period, ilvl is an obvious secure way to be sure someone knows his shit, like, I mean, you totally can't get into a group while being a total retard, get carried and ending up with the raider.io or curve progression. This shit is flawless you see.
    the chances of that are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than chances of finding a high level idiot who did some m+, but is fucking garbage at the game

I think raider.io is a great addition. Some people do take it too far in my opinion. The other day there was someone asking 1k score for 1 +7. I mean give people a chance... That made absolutely no sense. I bet people like that use the system to get carried.