Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I guess I'll level my Orc... so I can level a Mag'har... and then level a Zandalari

I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?

Nope, it’s fine.

What is this obsession with a piece of armor everyone can get? Jesus it's such a petty armor..

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.
    That's why I level classes I don't already have.

Fact #1: Allied races should have never been locked behing reputation.
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.

I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

You're absolutely 100% correct. You'll be white-knighted, though.

There should be ZERO criteria to unlock Allied Races, except a quest. It's a major portion of "content", and we paid for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Which punishes people with all the classes at max, thus making the OPs point even clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.
    Yes exactly this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope it’s fine, you get a bonus for leveling the normal way and you really don’t need the set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was an obnoxious/transparent (carrot on a stick) move in it's own right. The appearance being available from the get-go would've been nice, or to maybe do a couple scenarios/storylines for them, rather than level from 20 again. Given the rep requirements and the like, I don't think that is much to ask.

That being said, I don't sweat it much because leveling isn't exactly challenging, just time consuming. Since there's no tangible benefit or advantage to the appearance, one can take as much time as they want to get it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This right here. Alas, such is not the case.

I believe the step that Blizzard is making with the new Heritages for old races is the future of the allied race heritages as well.

Forcing players to level a character from scratch to get a heritage armor, being right now the only way to get it, goes even against Blizzard's own franchise, like immediately playing the new race (once unlocked) in the current content (aka Battle for Azeroth) without any disadvantages (aka losing the heritage armor). They even block players to use boosts because of the heritage armors... Who uses boosts, looses the armor.

I think their idea was useful during the time between the end of Legion and the release of BfA. Right now, it doesn't make any sense at all.
    If Blizzard allows alternative ways to get the heritage at high level, it will help both players and Blizzard as well.
    As a "hall of fame" mark for the ones that leveled one character from scratch to get the heritage armor, i think a Feat of Strength is a nice reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Also THIS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    You're absolutely 100% correct. You'll be white-knighted, though.

There should be ZERO criteria to unlock Allied Races, except a quest. It's a major portion of "content", and we paid for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which punishes people with all the classes at max, thus making the OPs point even clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes exactly this.
    We paid for it really isn’t a good reason why they shouldn’t lock it behind something there are tons of things in an expan we can’t get without putting in some work. Over all I’d prefer more race related quest content but leveling for it is fine as well.

I think you are missing what Blizz is trying to accomplish with this reward setup. They want to make the leveling areas more alive with appropriate level toons. The only way to do that is to incentivize the players to level a toon. This is that incentive. If they just gave you the Mag'har Orc or Zandalari, you would not take one through the leveling content.

Of course, this is a lame/lazy way to approach the issue. If they made leveling a better process (i.e. not as long and painful), then more people would be willing to do it. But, they are not at that point yet....unfortunately. Hopefully soon though

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Problem with that for me at least is that I already have all classes assigned to other toons. So like the OP said you would have to lvl a class you already have to max just to get the armor.

Now for me this is a non issue as I have been wanting to take a class or two back to beginning and lvl up again, but at the end of 120 I now have two of the classes and one will be left in the wind. Again for me I dont care much cuz these classes ae just gonna be bank toons after I get their armor, but most I do not think will want to do that like the OP.

I see their point but I do not support it. You want the armor lvl the class again and then ditch it or keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I know, right? I've tried the "all classes/races at max" myself, but realised that even if I pull it off, it will be a nuisance to maintain. Besides, once I get max level, I will want to keep gearing them... Nah. Don't have that kind of time.

I feel like Heritage armor
    So - you don't need to level an Orc to level a Mag'har....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Problem with that for me at least is that I already have all classes assigned to other toons. So like the OP said you would have to lvl a class you already have to max just to get the armor.

Now for me this is a non issue as I have been wanting to take a class or two back to beginning and lvl up again, but at the end of 120 I now have two of the classes and one will be left in the wind. Again for me I dont care much cuz these classes ae just gonna be bank toons after I get their armor, but most I do not think will want to do that like the OP.

I see their point but I do not support it. You want the armor lvl the class again and then ditch it or keep it.
    Allied races made me realise I will delete a bunch of characters anyway. Ones I leveled or boosted earlier but who never made it to the roster I play with some regularity. Maybe even allied race characters will get deleted in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    We paid for it really isn’t a good reason why they shouldn’t lock it behind something there are tons of things in an expan we can’t get without putting in some work. Over all I’d prefer more race related quest content but leveling for it is fine as well.
    I have all classes at at least 110. Im planning to have 12 classes for each faction, making 24 characters.
    Why should i keep leveling a new character from scratch, everytime a new allied race is released, so i can get the heritage armor?

Heritage armors will be part of the future of all wow races, helping players have pride on the races they use. If old races can get them through a scenario, new races should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I think it was an obnoxious/transparent (carrot on a stick) move in it's own right. The appearance being available from the get-go would've been nice, or to maybe do a couple scenarios/storylines for them, rather than level from 20 again. Given the rep requirements and the like, I don't think that is much to ask.

That being said, I don't sweat it much because leveling isn't exactly challenging, just time consuming. Since there's no tangible benefit or advantage to the appearance, one can take as much time as they want to get it.
    This is exactly my point of view about it. Just yesterday I unlocked Void Elves and last Friday i unlocked Lightforged. I created a toon for both and will tinker with them from time to time, but, for me it was just about wanting the achievement for getting them. I am now starting to work on 7th Legion for Dark Irons, but dont see that happening for about 3 or so months since I dont play the Ally toon too much.

I already have a Mag'Har(Horde lock Main) a Nightborne stuck at 47 for the last 3 or so months, and a Highmountain monk that is at 29. they will get there eventually.............

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I have all classes at at least 110. Im planning to have 12 classes for each faction, making 24 characters.
    Why should i keep leveling a new character from scratch, everytime a new allied race is released, so i can get the heritage armor?

Heritage armors will be part of the future of all wow races, helping players have pride on the races they use. If old races can get them through a scenario, new races should as well.
    Because you want the armour? I’ve ran icc over 100 times but don’t have all the transmogs as I tend to only do it on one armour type, repeating content doesn’t mean you get the rewards on a character you haven’t done that content on. It’s not a perfect system but it’s a pretty basic do X get Y and it’s not like what they are asking us to do is hard.

Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.