Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If only the playable blood elves looked like that I would definately roll them. The current model looks to.... manly man who try to look fabulous all the time.

I doubt they will include an eye patch as he already switched to a monocle in the Legion cinematics, hopefully it is added!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerful bloke View Post
    yeah, fucking look at jaina, saurfang, all these nice armors and what we get, usually shit ;<
    It's almost like they want us to be able to differentiate between leaders and players!

He’s a ranger. And he looks way too old. Rommath and Alleria are older than him and they don’t look nearly as old.
    change can't wait.

Can we have "upright" blood elves too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I have nothing against his new model. In fact, I like it. I hate his hypocracy and whiny nature. Accusing the Void Elves for being taitors when he's the one who banished them in the first place.
    lol. They're the ones who continued their dangerous research (using notes from the biggest traitor in their history) despite being told not to. And the first thing they do after being banished is take up arms against their people. Sounds like traitors to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Whats up with that stupid logic you people repeat all the time ? its good to have your own opinion,but it doesnt mean its right cuz its different in some cases.A person who prefers the old model over the new one is absoluteley wrong,as someone said,check how Lor'themar looks on art and you'll notice it looks pretty much the same as the new model.Old model looks soo outdated and old,plus he doesnt even look like a king.
    nope, you are wrong for thinking your preference is the only correct one. when it comes to opinions on character appearances? there are NO absolutes.

and there is plenty to dislike about new model. he is wearing mage robes instead of ranger clothes. they are awesome looking robes, but they are still robes. what the hell is with the size of his feet?? and he also looks bulkier, his legs shorter. human

and now, onto the face. they added more hair to his goatee, which makes his jaw already made too wide in redesign - even wider. his head in general is too wide and short. his eyes are too small. he looks like an old human instead of blood elf. even, especially when you compare it to art posted, including that incredibly shitty piece of a comic panel that made an orc look like curvaceous skinny, fine featured human. too human

the only improvements about the model is that 1. its a unique model, finally, and 2. its higher resolution.

Both this model and Genn's make me wish for a second model update for playable races. Only Orcs, Trols, Tauren and Dwarves look "current", although they should remake their hairstyles too, just compare the hair of a normal orc and a Maghar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    That model is clearly lying down. He most likely died and is replaced by Liadrin. Another female takes over a faction. All too predictable in this expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Next Magatha will take out Baine and take over the Tauren.
    That's just a goddamn T-pose, which is standard for developing 3d models as to facilitate animations. Or are you trolling? It has to be trolling right? *hoping*

7+ Year Old Account
    I can kinda see how they can complain that his new looks make him look too mage-like, rather than ranger.

Still, I think it does look rather "Lordly" and thus fit him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good model. Just reminds me of a Diablo crusader. Not a Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    he's a ranger, not a mage
    Maybe he will finally ascend to king title.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is clearly dead in that model. Does no one else see it?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually hope you're right, but his eyes are closed and his hair is laid out.
    Having worked in 3d its is bizzare how many people dont get how Tpose works. Thankfully people are starting to like the arrow pose

10+ Year Old Account
    That model is clearly lying down. He most likely died and is replaced by Liadrin. Another female takes over a faction. All too predictable in this expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Next Magatha will take out Baine and take over the Tauren.
    10/10, I giggled
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, since I'm not a 3d asset developer, all I see is a dead guy. Excuse my fucking ingnorance.
    A bit surprised about this, haven't you seen T-poses used in anything else? Almost all 3D characters usually have them. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    he's a ranger, not a mage
    To agree and to re-iterate. He is a ranger. True. But he is also a Regent. What is wearing is not necessarily a mage robe. So dont just make that assumption. Thats like complaining whats the cucks-name, that NE druid with antlers. He never wears druid robes. Some druids, in-game, npc's, wear rogue gear and theyre casters.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Deleted
    So hello, I came to nitpick.

- high quality face and hair textures
    - also, hairstyle and face type much different than playable BElves
    - tasteful design, enough details, everything is on the right place
    - tabard is painted in way making it looking like 3D cloth piece
    - racial themes (phoenix on the chest)

- blurry face and hair texture, markings look like washed mascara
    - face looks like a reskin of existing female player face, hair is a combination of two player hairstyles + few extra strands
    - design is terrible, looks clumsy, like plate parts glued to dirty white dress, too many unnecessary elements
    - dress looks like flat paper sheet
    - lack typical lunar themes (and Tyrande is a High Priestess of the Moon!)

Basically, some models like Genn, Jaina or Lor'themar look good, it's even hard to believe they're from WoW because of how tasteful they are. On the other side, Tyrande's outfit looks typically WoW-esque, with armor thickness and too many elements. Only thing that she lacks are tank-sized pauldrons equipped with small bonfire and helmet with axe on forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    By the way he's not wearing his eyepatch in this one. I wonder if it's intended or an oversight. (Probably intended, considering he does have his scar)
    Maybe Sunwell has some new healing powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Also, come to think of it, does anyone else think blonde Firelord Ozai now? 'Cus I do. Not a bad thing.
    I was always thinking that Kael is Ozai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    To agree and to re-iterate. He is a ranger. True. But he is also a Regent. What is wearing is not necessarily a mage robe. So dont just make that assumption. Thats like complaining whats the cucks-name, that NE druid with antlers. He never wears druid robes. Some druids, in-game, npc's, wear rogue gear and theyre casters.
    I agree. I personally think that Lor'themar will become a king.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I hope he keeps the hair sword he has going on, way better than a man bun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    What is wearing is not necessarily a mage robe.
    It's not even remotely like a mage robe. It's more of a tabard or surcoat, and he's wearing it over his armor, as should be. It's also the most unique thing in the model, and IMO the coolest.

I don't even get how this new look could be confused as being mage-like. If anything he looks like a paladin.