Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That's why I level classes I don't already have.
    Holy shit, you've done it, you've achieved the unthinkable!

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Nope, it’s fine.
    Nope its not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Call me non-entitled, but I personally find races with some lore and stuff behind getting them to be more interesting than, "new expansion, play as panda because feature on box."
    But there's plenty of story, if you play through the starting zones.

I also said I don't understand why the Unlock Scenarios weren't starting zones.
    Like why does a gnome go with draenei to help them get Lightforged? Why am I not playing a draenei that gets Lightforged? It's just a stupid idea to lock them behind a time gate and then sell you a Race Change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    But there's plenty of story, if you play through the starting zones.

I also said I don't understand why the Unlock Scenarios weren't starting zones.
    Like why does a gnome go with draenei to help them get Lightforged? Why am I not playing a draenei that gets Lightforged? It's just a stupid idea to lock them behind a time gate and then sell you a Race Change.
    Except you could play as a draenei?

And your 'sell you a race change' argument is largely nonsense, as you can't get heritage armor (which is the core of the OP's complaint) from race changing, boosts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously designed with and for players, playing a lot, in mind. You decide whether it's worth the time for a doll and dress.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This. I think the biggest requirement should have been a max level character, max level being whatever is max when the content is released, per faction and that is it. Just one and it could be any race.

Then once you level to max or boost then level, there is a quest like you say in fact 2 for the Armor. This would have been the best way to treat the Allied Races. And it would have been a cool way to get the armor or even make the armor rep based like the classic faction mounts and it be a faction you rep with while you level or something. As it stands now it seems backwards.

and to add on to this:
    Fact #3: Should be cross realm.

Especially for folks with a lot of characters on their respective realm already. I had to delete a character, thankfully very low level, so I could add one of my Allied Characters and I'm not a huge fan of multiple classes either, but oh well.
    I've seen this point several times now, and i'm not quite sure i understand. I unlocked all allied races on Kazzak, and i can create characters of all allied races on all servers without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That's why I level classes I don't already have.
    That works great until you realize you already have (multiple of) every class because you played the game for over a decade.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Heritage armor is fine as is, it's a nice little reward for altoholics.

I agree that allied races shouldn't be locked behind reputation, after a certain amount of time though. Removing the rep requirement after a year seems fine. Even if, at most, they take a couple of weeks to earn, I understand some people can only play for a couple of hours a week and I feel like Blizzard should make it easier for those people.

I think the problem lies far more in how unenjoyable they made leveling in BfA.

I'm all for not one-shotting mobs in the world, but I think it also needs to have an appropriate experience reward increase. To hell with level squishes, I'm tired of having all my progress "squished" to the point where it feels like the game shoves us back every time we get too strong, I just want 110-120 levels to not feel so ridiculously monotonous. It's not the slowest thing in the world but my god is it just boring, you get a pathetic drip-feed of new abilities for these lackluster and bland classes that don't inspire you to want to keep going. Every 10-15 levels you might get something that ever so slightly changes your rotation like a new button press.

I'm a person who has leveled 30+ alts to 100+, and probably over 15 to 110+. I feel like it's particularly damning to BfA's leveling when someone like me doesn't have the stomach for a single 20-110 character grind anymore.

To be fair, I do think that the process of grinding reps (which are then basically server-locked) is an unnecessary barrier for unlocking allied races. I'm absolutely fine with that being a requirement for said Heritage Armor (and like I said, maybe even throw in some brutally-difficult content), but I feel like the whole system is just a mess right now. And really, I'd be happier starting at level 1 and having race content to "get you into the mindset" than the current setup, where you're basically just a lvl 20 that appears in your faction capital, but it's more a minor gripe than anything.

The current system for unlocking allies races, and unlocking their heritage armor, just isn't in a good place right now. And really, yeah, I would absolutely be doing some race-changes if it didn't mean losing out on any hope of using Heritage Armor. Even if it meant having to prepare myself for ridiculously-difficult content to unlock those sets. Leveling is just tedious, something I've already done many times over, and means abandoning one of my current characters and years of history behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That works great until you realize you already have (multiple of) every class because you played the game for over a decade.
    Meh, I'm an altoholic but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Most people have speculated that Zandalari and Kul'Tiran will not start at level 20 but probably much higher so that is a bonus.
    This is the first time I'm reading this, is it just fan speculation or did Blizzard hint at this somewhere I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This is the first time I'm reading this, is it just fan speculation or did Blizzard hint at this somewhere I missed?
    It was in one of the Ion interviews where he hinted that they may be a higher level but not 100%. Knowing Blizzard it will probably be like level 40 lmao. I think the idea behind it is the Zandalari and Kul'Tiran are at their their weakest pretty much stronger than all the other races so it would not make sense for them to start out as puny lowbies.

I don't mind the reputation locks usually, but I do think putting races like Mag'har + Dark Iron behind current BFA reputations (and exalted at that) was a bit silly.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    You're absolutely 100% correct. You'll be white-knighted, though.

There should be ZERO criteria to unlock Allied Races, except a quest. It's a major portion of "content", and we paid for it.
    By that logic we shouldn't have raids, because that's gear sets or "content" locked behind work. Hey, let's get rid of dungeons while we're at it because there's mounts there I want to and I paid for this game so I should get those mounts.

OT: I feel your pain OP but I think the requirement is reasonable. You can have a Mag'har warrior or Zandalari shaman at 120 if you race change or boost. No problem. But if you want that one specific set you will have to level 20-120. If you want that one specific set from a raid you will need to go back and farm it. If you want a specific set from blacksmithing you'll need to farm it. How is it any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    By that logic we shouldn't have raids, because that's gear sets or "content" locked behind work. Hey, let's get rid of dungeons while we're at it because there's mounts there I want to and I paid for this game so I should get those mounts.

OT: I feel your pain OP but I think the requirement is reasonable. You can have a Mag'har warrior or Zandalari shaman at 120 if you race change or boost. No problem. But if you want that one specific set you will have to level 20-120. If you want that one specific set from a raid you will need to go back and farm it. If you want a specific set from blacksmithing you'll need to farm it. How is it any different?
    Stop with this ridiculous argument. Stop it! Raids, dungeons, gear..... those are progression of your character. Races...................... are your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post

It's different in such a magnitude of different ways it feels absurd to even have to explain it.

Attaining old raid gear doesn't mean deleting your current character, leveling up and then turning off XP gains once you are the correct level, and then finding people to run it with. Attain profession-based gear doesn't mean creating a brand-new character from scratch who has the relevant tradeskills.

The crux of the issue, for me, is that it involves ABANDONING characters. Either you abandon your original characters, who have years of personal history and attachment, or you leveling up and abandon new characters, which means paying for a race-change anyways. Either way is completely ridiculous.

Heritage armor is completely and totally incomparable to ANYTHING ELSE in the entire game. They explicitly require you to start from scratch, and repeat content that -- by definition of even UNLOCKING the new races -- you have already done. It's kind of a middle-finger to those of us who've been with the game long enough to level up all of the classes, because they're basically saying "Sorry, all that grinding you did before doesn't count anymore".

I'm sick of this "By that logic..." nonsense. Read the post. Nobody in this entire thread is saying "It's too hard". We're saying that the particular method of unlocking the Heritage armor seems unfair, and doesn't align with literally anything else in the game. NOTHING else requires you to start all over from scratch. I fully embrace difficulty -- I got several CM sets from Pandaria and the CM weapons from Draenor -- but the leveling-requirement accomplishes nothing except denying the armor to players who already have classes leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.
    I disagree. Barring face-covering helmets, I have no issue distinguishing a Mag'har orc from a regular orc.

Just don't do it if you don't want to, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Fact #1: Allied races should have never been locked behing reputation.
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.
    i dont think you know what facts are
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..