Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Marksmanship is in desperate need of a redesign right now, so might as well just do a total overhaul and make the spec Dark Rangers, the same way the generic Combat spec was changed to pirate-themed Outlaw for Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    If Blizzard hadn't deleted Survival I'd imagine Dark Rangers would be a possibility, but given they've said they're not able to make more than 2 bow wielding specs I'm not going to hold my breath.

There's some potential for a 4th spec for Hunters or for the inevitable 9.0 rework of MM, but I don't see any chance at a Dark Ranger themed class.
    2 bow wielding specs was also during the time when you passed out loot. With Personal Loot a thing now they could actually make another bow class. Mainly because a bow dropping would go to the class and not be auto d/e loot because none of the classes are present.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Dark Ranger makes more sense than a Tinker. Why people love the idea of the tinker class I'll never, ever known. Restricting a class to goblin/gnomes is literally the worst idea I've ever heard in terms of class design, and Blizzard will never, ever, even entertain the idea of a Tinker class. People really need to let it go.
    Tinker has been wanted since vanilla and could be open to any race.

Dark Ranger would only work on undead and would pretty much just be a more shadowy hunter.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Except for the unfortunate fact that the Nelves are forsaken and clearly Horde aligned (even though it makes no sense for them to be).
    well DK's were initially Scourge aligned too...

Hopefully. Only minority wants bland classes like Tinker. Although I am not a 14 yr old edgelord, I'd much rather have a dark/edgy/brooding class, and I am pretty confident most of the player base wants Dark Rangers, possibly Necromancers, but not Tinkers. Maybe Dark Ranger would become a fourth spec for Hunters, and hopefully necromancer would be a 4th spec for DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Hopefully. Only minority wants bland classes like Tinker. Although I am not a 14 yr old edgelord, I'd much rather have a dark/edgy/brooding class, and I am pretty confident most of the player base wants Dark Rangers, possibly Necromancers, but not Tinkers. Maybe Dark Ranger would become a fourth spec for Hunters, and hopefully necromancer would be a 4th spec for DK.
    "Tinker is bland"
    "Dark Ranger is not bland"

Care to elaborate more on why a class that uses gadgets and a large variety of tools is less bland than an archer who can sneak better and whose arrows are purple?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Too many dark edgy characters, hence we need some Bard or something neutral, Tinker could too.
    neutral dont sell. look at monk - neutral class that is least played class overall

dark rangers make perfect sense .

what if next expansion blizzard will introduce 2 classes each faction specific - dark rangers for horde and lightforged bard for allience

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    rank ranger would literally be MM hunter variations with "shadow"/"darkness"/"night" in the names of most of the abilities.
    therefore, i heavily doubt it.
    and before dh everyone said dh are just rogues/monks with demonology

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    and before dh everyone said dh are just rogues/monks with demonology
    And paladins are priests in plate. These people have nothing better to do than show you how blind they are. If Blizzard wants to make a new class they will make it and it will have a different mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    neutral dont sell. look at monk - neutral class that is least played class overall

dark rangers make perfect sense .

what if next expansion blizzard will introduce 2 classes each faction specific - dark rangers for horde and lightforged bard for allience
    Ugh, no, keep the lightforged shit to the forsaken and Draenei. I'll take Bard for 100, then.

And well, neutral don't sell well with many due to it being hard to be edgy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Blizzard publicly said so many times that Sylvanas will not have the same faith as Garrosh. Still stubborn people like you claim that she will be gone.
    And before you say so, by not sharing the same faith, they mean that she will not die and won't end up being seen as an evil character. You will at the same time understand why Vol'jin's vision told him to put Sylvanas in power.
    Sorry, i'm an Atheist. I don't do the church of Sylvanas.

She has to die. Theres no other way to end the war. Even if she were to escape and leave the horde, she will still be hunted down for what she has done. There's no getting out of this for her. But hey... feel free to keep denying the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Bard or something neutral, Tinker could too.
    bard please for the love of god...i'll even buy the deluxe edition of the expansion that comes with a guitar keyboard!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not.

There is tired then there is creatively bankrupt. Put in a spellbreaker or a tinkerer or something.

Bard would be nice, but I don't think WoW has the aesthetic or discipline to pull it off. This is a game that wears a veneer of very awkward masculinity.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why people are suggesting tinkerer or bard, when those don't fit imo. I could see a bard games like FF, but not in WoW.
    A tinkerer could be cool, but then you might as well delete engineering as a profession. Just bc it's a common fantasy or dnd trope, doesn't mean it'll work in any fantasy setting.

I think dark rangers could only exist as another spec for hunters. There is the chance it may pop up if the next expac is all void related, but I'd rather some sort of void class rather than just a dark ranger.

BfA is setting up Dark Rangers no more than WoD set up Blademasters as being separate from Warriors.

'Dark Ranger' as an Allied Race? Sure, that I can believe. Not the class though.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2018-10-11 at 12:53 AM.

delaryn betraying sylvanas going alliance again is basically the only hope the night elves have of getting any of their dignity back

so its probably not happening

Based on the PTR stuff, I'd rather it just be a skin tone that elves can get. Make it earnable from story stuff like the Night Warrior skin tone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Based on the PTR stuff, I'd rather it just be a skin tone that elves can get. Make it earnable from story stuff like the Night Warrior skin tone.
    We really don't need more customization options locked behind gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry II View Post
    We really don't need more customization options locked behind gameplay.
    If you consider a 10 minute storyline with no requirements beyond being max level as a massive gameplay hurdle, I dunno if this is the game for you anymore. Cosmetics tied to story is the way of the game, and that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    If the next class is another dark and edgy class available to elves only, I'm gonna lose my shit.
    Please no more "elves only class", we have all these cool new allied races and then can't be this because hero class, can't be that because reasons, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    2 bow wielding specs was also during the time when you passed out loot. With Personal Loot a thing now they could actually make another bow class. Mainly because a bow dropping would go to the class and not be auto d/e loot because none of the classes are present.
    It was actually worse before personal loot, you had so many bows, guns and agi daggers dropping and very few people who needed these (only hunters and rogues respectively) and then you'd have some int staff and everyone was warring over it.

No idea why implementing more classes using bows or agi daggers was considered a bad idea back then?

Oh, and they were ok with implementing warglaives with DH no one else can use either.