Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon 2005 Raid Design - i knew i wasnt crazy

I've been called an an awful person for having my "exclusive" opinions about the game.
    But Plot twist
    Blizzard actually believed in this stuff in 2005 Blizzcon panel of Raid Design.

"Players need something to aspire to: When you see someone in raid gear you think that person is cool (maybe motivate you to raid)"

"The world feels bigger for everyone if there is unbeaten content out there"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ&t=0m55s

What do you guys think about this?
    The guy was completely wrong on his ideals and philosophy behind the game?

I want to play Classic WoW so much because i believe in this oldschool ideals.
    I hope all of us have a great time in Classic WoW
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-11 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I've been called an an awful person for having my "exclusive" opinions about the game.
    But Plot twist

"Players need something to aspire to: When you see someone in raid gear you think that person is cool (maybe motivate you to raid)"

Im just happy i found this to show people when they say i am an awful person
    Technically if you aren't clearing mythic level raids there is unbeaten content for you. The difference? One it's 15 years later and no one gives a damn, and two, Transmog has pretty much destroyed any coolness factor there was from getting Tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Technically if you aren't clearing mythic level raids there is unbeaten content for you.
    Sort of sick of mythic tbh. But at the rate Blizzards going they'll announce legendary raids soon for 4 difficulties >.< That's their answer to everything not more content, the same content with more % across the board

Technically if you aren't clearing mythic level raids there is unbeaten content for you. The difference? One it's 15 years later and no one gives a damn, and two, Transmog has pretty much destroyed any coolness factor there was from getting Tier sets.
    You left out one part: that many people don't care for higher difficulty levels since it's a repeat. Not nearly the same as going through a progressively harder, one difficulty level, raid. If you already killed the final boss then it doesn't feel so epic killing it again despite the higher challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    You left out one part: that many people don't care for higher difficulty levels since it's a repeat. Not nearly the same as going through a progressively harder, one difficulty level, raid. If you already killed the final boss then it doesn't feel so epic killing it again despite the higher challenge.
    Exactly what i was going to say.

I just want to play Classic WoW so much. Lets all have fun so hyped

I like a challenge but heroic is as challenging as it needs to be imo. If people want a hardcore challenge go do a +25 mythic dungeon. Raids are supposed to be fun and somewhat challenging. Not let me grind my face against the wall for the next 500 attempts.

Maybe not but in Vanilla you are going to be killing them multiple times anyways if you want any chance at gear. I mean which is more enjoyable, killing the same guy again on a harder mode, or killing him again for the 4th month because your Tier won't drop?

But Plot twist

Awesome to see that game design goals changed so much. Also the communication is way more transparent and friendly. It actually feels like you're being talked to by a person, not some corporate drone.
    Last edited by Alvorea; 2018-10-11 at 01:30 AM.

But.. I am a rogue.

To be fair most of the new sets are shit. It's so hard to make excellent sets for every class that are definitive of that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    To be fair most of the new sets are shit. It's so hard to make excellent sets for every class that are definitive of that class.
    Well lets be honest, alot of the old ones weren't that great either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets be honest, alot of the old ones weren't that great either.
    fair point, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. not everybody fawns over the same sets...and before transmog was added, i despised most sets that i was forced to wear as well as the patch work clown sets of olden times.. but hey, this argument is old.

the grind is the true enemy these days. RNG is getting out of control and needs to be reigned in considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with saying that Vanilla WoW is the solution is that all of its content -has- been beaten and will be stomped into the ground again on release by guilds like Method and whoever else goes back to play through Vanilla.

Within 3 months of launch, everything will be dead again, and since it's a content locked game, there will never be any unbeaten content ever again.

Just saying, if your definition of a 'big world' is 'unbeaten content', Vanilla WoW's world will be real small, real fast.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Things evolve.

It's called life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The problem with saying that Vanilla WoW is the solution is that all of its content -has- been beaten and will be stomped into the ground again on release by guilds like Method and whoever else goes back to play through Vanilla.

Within 3 months of launch, everything will be dead again, and since it's a content locked game, there will never be any unbeaten content ever again.

Just saying, if your definition of a 'big world' is 'unbeaten content', Vanilla WoW's world will be real small, real fast.
    I think he was talking about unbeaten content for the player itself.
    Not "nobody in the world was able to beat it" unbeaten content.

If the majority of people nowadays only does LFR...then the majority of people in Vanilla are either
    Not going to raid
    or
    Convert to a raider
    or
    only pug

I dont know, i hope there will be some sense of mystery in Classic WoW, specially for the ones who never experienced it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was a successfull way to push people into raiding

That's why everything was fine and they totally didn't have to create LFR to give a reason for Raids to even exist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yeah it was a successfull way to push people into raiding

That's why everything was fine and they totally didn't have to create LFR to give a reason for Raids to even exist
    And im about to blow your mind or not

LFR only needed to exist because Blizzard has absolutely zero idea on how to make countent outside raids.
    If Blizzard knew how to keeep people happy without having to raid...LFR didnt need to exist.
    Nor needed to exist so many raids nowadays.

LFR was a panic button in Cataclysm.
    Subs started drping for no reason and Blizz pressed the panic button. IMO

There was always raids to do back in the day but if you looked when people were not raiding or pvping ... Mostly I remember people and lots of people standing on the bank roof and that is about it . Well that and looking for baron runs .

Things change and people eat up content so quickly nowadays . Its really hard to keep a community happy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And im about to blow your mind or not

LFR only needed to exist because Blizzard has absolutely zero idea on how to make countent outside raids.
    If Blizzard knew how to keeep people happy without having to raid...LFR didnt need to exist.
    Nor needed to exist so many raids nowadays.

LFR was a panic button in Cataclysm.
    Subs started drping for no reason and Blizz pressed the panic button. IMO
    Here's the thing, Dexter.

People have this weird desire of avoiding games where they can't play all of it's content - especially when the game has a subscription. WoW is almost as old as Ragnarok Online, yet it manages to live. I think that the devs need to take whatever chances they can.

WoW's truly lucky to be based on a heavy franchise as Warcraft (Warhammer, Fantasy, etc).

5+ Year Old Account
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Here's the thing, Dexter.

People have this weird desire of avoiding games where they can't play all of it's content
    Most people didn’t even step a foot inside a raid in Vanilla. Despite that, the population grew.