Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except you could play as a draenei?
    That's missing my point. Why am I a tauren accompanying Vereesa Windrunner and not a Nightborne champion on a visit to their newly found friends?
    Why am I not a Highmountain tauren attending the friendly feast at Thunderbluff?
    Why am I looking through empty buildings to look for Void Elfs instead of playing through the transformation or something?

Why the need to Unlock Scenarios, when there's no starting zones anyway? They could have easily been starting zones.

And the unlock was the part of OP that I am not ok with. Well the unlocking of Heritage armor is also bullshit, but I accept it's a very minor cosmetic reward that I don't really care for missing out on.

I hate rep requirements for new races. And i havent had a piece of heritage armor that i wanted so it hasnt bothered me. But i would be bummed if i had to lvl all the way toget transmog

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It was in one of the Ion interviews where he hinted that they may be a higher level but not 100%. Knowing Blizzard it will probably be like level 40 lmao. I think the idea behind it is the Zandalari and Kul'Tiran are at their their weakest pretty much stronger than all the other races so it would not make sense for them to start out as puny lowbies.
    Level 40? Hey, I'll take it, better than nothing. Level 55 would be even better but I guess they wouldn't be stronger than Death Knights lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i dont think you know what facts are
    Facts are what you arrive at when you critically think about something and start to recognize the objectively best way to do a given thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    It's different in such a magnitude of different ways it feels absurd to even have to explain it.

Attaining old raid gear doesn't mean deleting your current character, leveling up and then turning off XP gains once you are the correct level, and then finding people to run it with. Attain profession-based gear doesn't mean creating a brand-new character from scratch who has the relevant tradeskills.

The crux of the issue, for me, is that it involves ABANDONING characters. Either you abandon your original characters, who have years of personal history and attachment, or you leveling up and abandon new characters, which means paying for a race-change anyways. Either way is completely ridiculous.

Heritage armor is completely and totally incomparable to ANYTHING ELSE in the entire game. They explicitly require you to start from scratch, and repeat content that -- by definition of even UNLOCKING the new races -- you have already done. It's kind of a middle-finger to those of us who've been with the game long enough to level up all of the classes, because they're basically saying "Sorry, all that grinding you did before doesn't count anymore".

I'm sick of this "By that logic..." nonsense. Read the post. Nobody in this entire thread is saying "It's too hard". We're saying that the particular method of unlocking the Heritage armor seems unfair, and doesn't align with literally anything else in the game. NOTHING else requires you to start all over from scratch. I fully embrace difficulty -- I got several CM sets from Pandaria and the CM weapons from Draenor -- but the leveling-requirement accomplishes nothing except denying the armor to players who already have classes leveled.
    You aren't required to start from scratch. Ok I play a druid. Say I want my druid to be a Zandalari with the heritage armour. I don't want to abandon my druid, that's silly. So I level a whole new character, say a hunter. I rush that to 120 and earn the heritage armour. I race swap my tauren druid to Zandalari and can now use that heritage armour on my main, old now-Zandalari druid. Race changing like that has always cost money so I see that it's a burden when a new race comes out but it has always been that way. Not a new obstacle to overcome. This doesn't require you to abandon your main to get the heritage armour. I don't think its ridiculous to pay for a race change. Nor is it ridiculous to level a new character which you will abandon for a heritage armour set. You didn't want that character anyway so what's the problem anyway?

Would you be OK with an equally difficult and time-consuming process to unlock the armour on your main toon? So, say you race change to Zandalari you have to do heaps of quests, the equivalent to leveling 20-120, to then unlock the armour? (This ignores the barrier of paying for a race change for the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Stop with this ridiculous argument. Stop it! Raids, dungeons, gear..... those are progression of your character. Races...................... are your character.
    If you want X reward you have to go through Y process. Y can be a raid, a series of quests, or a long series of quests involving levelling from 20-120. The difference is duration. I don't see your point? Are you frustrated with the Allied Race being locked behind rep and quests, or the armour being locked behind a longer series of quests? Putting aside the cost of race changing your main, the fact that the longer series of quests from 20-120 is done on your main or your alt doesn't matter if you can enjoy the reward on both. If I earn a mount on one character I can use it on another. It doesn't cost me a character or cause me to abandon one.
    Last edited by Kyux; 2018-10-11 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I suppose if they are just giving us free things, I will go ahead and let them give me a full mythic set, and I think leveling also is a carrot on a stick anyway, so, we should be able to just start at 120 on any toon. Sarcasm aside, I like the allied race setup and I like how one must unlock their armor. I am unsure why so many people feel entitled to be given things, but also argue that other things should have to be worked for. Weird.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?
    If you are like me who has all classes on both sides , leveling allied races is not really a problem. I would say its more of a feat for a new gamer with one or two characters at max level. Decent leveler goes to 120 in maybe 24hrs tops.

Which punishes people with all the classes at max, thus making the OPs point even clearer.
    Punishes how? Does Blizzard show up at your door and go, "You're going to level another alt for these pieces of gear you can only wear on this particular race or else!" No, no they do not.

It's 100% optional content for something fairly trivial that can only be worn by that race anyway, so either accept it and level a character or accept that you won't have it and miss out on very little either way.

I never understand in an MMO, why a race is something you grind FOR, not something you grind WITH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy WoW, it has been my main game since classic. Throughout the years I have leveled one of every class to the max level, however I know I won't get more than maybe one heritage armor set because it's a waste having two of a class in my eyes unless it is the opposite faction. However if I level the opposite faction I won't be getting heritage armor on that side either.

As others have said, the armor is a want and not a need. Therefore if you want it, you know what you have to do to get it. I don't care for it enough to level up a second class that I have on the same faction to get it. I think the system around obtaining heritage armor is poorly thought out but it's for something I can easily live without ^_^

Stop being a No-Lifer and continue to level your 12+ alt to 120 like your other 10 120 alts!

You are starting the problem you don't want to start of as longests you continue to be an massive leveling alt fanatic. That can't stop.

I love reading "I paid for it, why don't I get it!" you get it by playing the fucking game, which you pay for, don't like leveling 20-110? You don't get the tmog. Bad fucking luck.

Deleted
    i seem to be missing something here but what is the actual requirement to unlock these?

edit: nvm i thought there was a ridiculous requirement but it's just someone from the oposing faction
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2018-10-11 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.
    It's not about being forced so much as it is about preference. For example I play Horde, at some point in the expansion I'll level an alliance character to experience their side. As it happens I'd want to do that on one of the new allied races because I like them more than the alliance's stock races (let's say kul'tiran or dark iron). In order to do that I'll first need to level another character, farm the reputation and complete the questline.

The only reason behind these requirements is obviously to "force" race changes on players, disguised with a set threw in to be able to say "Hey, you get a reward for leveling it up, we obviously didn't do this for the money, fuck you!". Because let's face it, what incentive would I have to re-do all of that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Nope, it’s fine.
    such a great argument.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    such a great argument.
    I just post on here when I’m bored, no one really listens to each other anyways. They just talk at each other. I have made my arguments about allied races before. But ppl make the same threads over and over again. “I’m too lazy to unlock and lvl allied races. I want them for feee.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    You aren't required to start from scratch. Ok I play a druid. Say I want my druid to be a Zandalari with the heritage armour. I don't want to abandon my druid, that's silly. So I level a whole new character, say a hunter. I rush that to 120 and earn the heritage armour. I race swap my tauren druid to Zandalari and can now use that heritage armour on my main, old now-Zandalari druid. Race changing like that has always cost money so I see that it's a burden when a new race comes out but it has always been that way. Not a new obstacle to overcome. This doesn't require you to abandon your main to get the heritage armour. I don't think its ridiculous to pay for a race change. Nor is it ridiculous to level a new character which you will abandon for a heritage armour set. You didn't want that character anyway so what's the problem anyway?

Would you be OK with an equally difficult and time-consuming process to unlock the armour on your main toon? So, say you race change to Zandalari you have to do heaps of quests, the equivalent to leveling 20-120, to then unlock the armour? (This ignores the barrier of paying for a race change for the moment)

If you want X reward you have to go through Y process. Y can be a raid, a series of quests, or a long series of quests involving levelling from 20-120. The difference is duration. I don't see your point? Are you frustrated with the Allied Race being locked behind rep and quests, or the armour being locked behind a longer series of quests? Putting aside the cost of race changing your main, the fact that the longer series of quests from 20-120 is done on your main or your alt doesn't matter if you can enjoy the reward on both. If I earn a mount on one character I can use it on another. It doesn't cost me a character or cause me to abandon one.
    Again, you're still ABANDONING one of those characters. In the example you provide, it's simply the NEW one, which is just as ridiculous.

I'm not even opposed to paying for the race-change; I think that just comes with the territory. My issue, like I said, is that Blizzard is asking players to abandon characters, one way or the other. That is simply not acceptable.

If they want to add a difficult or time-consuming trial to unlock the Heritage Armor... well, I would lean more towards "difficult", since unlocking the races already checks the box of "time-consuming", but as long as I can race-change my EXISTING character and continue pursuing to unlock them, I'm totally fine.

Players just shouldn't feel like their time playing existing characters is literally being completely disregarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're absolutely 100% correct. You'll be white-knighted, though.

There should be ZERO criteria to unlock Allied Races, except a quest. It's a major portion of "content", and we paid for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which punishes people with all the classes at max, thus making the OPs point even clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes exactly this.
    Since you paid for the game, arent you also entitled to have 2500+ rating in PvP for the "content" that brings you? Shouldn't anyone who pays get world firsts?

Hey, you pay for a sub. Why shouldnt you be able to play BFA content without buying BFA???

Hey, you pay taxes. Why should you work???????????

Fun times. You're funny.
    Hi

As someone who has gone through the effort of unlocking all 6 Allied Races, where especially I've put a lot of effort into Dark Irons and Mag'har, I now want them to keep that requirement. Because otherwise I would feel like I've done that for nothing.

But if it wasn't for the fact that I've already unlocked them, I would feel that the requirement is totally dumb. It takes a long time, it's not really fun, world quests only give you 75 rep. You could do it only with emissaries in some cases, but that automatically means it'll take much longer.

So I think every race should just be playable right from the get-go. Especially when you consider that some people want to main an Allied Race. The moment you unlock that race you wanna actually main, you've already invested so much time into a character, bringing it to level 120, doing tons of quests with him, gaining reputation.

Hell in some cases, these aren't even really new races. Dark Irons are just a different clan of dwarves. Mag'har just have different skin options and hairstyles. Ideally they would just be customization options, althougb they do have different racials and some are really cool, so that throws a wrench in it.

And as far as armor goes, it's nice they're doing it, but it would be nicer if we could unlock them sooner, so we could actually wear them while leveling. Especially altoholics might level a race to max level, only to unlock the armor and then leave that character alone and level another character.

For me for example, I already have a Human Warrior 120, Orc Shaman 120 and Blood Elf Paladin 113, and I intend to get that Blood Elf to 120 as well. Now the only three classes I wanted to play as a dwarf were Warrior, Paladin and Shaman. That's certainly unfortunate. I ended up with Paladin, because of the new ram mount, and I like playing him. I have multiple characters of every class anyway and it is no problem for me, but this early on in the expansion, I'd rather level different classes to max level first. Since time is limited, I really have to think now about what characters to level. I'll probably not get that dwarf to 120 anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Fact #1: Allied races should have never been locked behing reputation.
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.
    Sorry, but I did not understand. You say that allied races should not get stuck behind reputation but put heritage armor behind reputation?

Currently you need to unlock the allied race and heritage armor to be exalted with the faction, do a scenario and be lvl 110. In your example you need to be exalted, do a scenario and be 120. (??)
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64