Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Spot on. I see me unsubbing soon, unless 8.1 gives us a miracle and makes BfA not suck anymore
    Patch 8.1 on the PTR is a pure dumpster fire. This is a downgrade from patch 7.1 and I dare anyone to state their case proving me wrong!

Like they managed to take legion invasions and nerfed them to the ground to make these incursions. So, so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I agree.

They rely on the heavily addicted people these days. The ones who buy tokens on the store and sell for in-game gold. They constantly buy race changes and boosts etc. There's a guy in my guild that race changes once every 1-2 weeks.
    This is why gold buying was banned for a long time. The cheating, unethical practice of it all, and also really preys on addicts and children. Sad that WoW has turned such a dark corner so lately.

8.1 fixes none of the core issues with BfA. It's just smoke and mirrors. Throw more content at them in the hopes they forget what is fundamentally wrong.

Legion invasions are back.... Oops I mean Incursions. Literally copy + pasted content from Legion.

Pretty much guarantees that 8.2 will have a new zone with it. Nazjatar will be reduced to a shitty Broken Shore type zone. Complete with rares, chests and WQs!!! Oh and a new currency called Nazjatarite that you can spend on an RNG lootbox! WOOO CONTENT.
    The invasions....I mean incursions are worse versions and no currency to collect to purchase. More RNG boxes and more world quests with RNG and bad rewards. It is like Blizz is pushing to see how little they can push before the hooked players snap out of their trance and start to rebel against really bad game design.

It just makes me smile when I see the whole community is in agreement on how bad this expansion is at the moment. I love WOW but this was a disaster, azerite armor killed my enjoyment. I'm not gear hunting for a trait out of a cache once a week. I've played the game over 12 years, I'll play more when they fix their mess.

I'm sorry too but Ion needs to go, don't ever get the impression he understands the regular gamer and his QAs are God awful. He's long winded and deflects all criticism, always trying to put a spin on something.

Oh yea I forgot he worked in litigation, so now all the above makes sense.
    Last edited by Bmfstunner; 2018-10-11 at 02:39 AM.

Can't believe he said he's proud of warmode, wherever I turn I see comments how imbalanced and one-sided it is, but yeah, let's trumpet a success.

He's also proud of Uldir's design and tuning, btw that tuning where the 1st boss on mythic is easier than last 3 on heroic, where on 2 bosses on mythic you can't slot more than 5 melee while you slot 7 rogues on another, where affliction warlocks and brewmaster monks are insta-include in every fight while some other specs can't even find 1 encounter to shine.

For the first time since WoD early days. I am feeling unexcited to log in each night. For Legion I was playing 6 or 7 nights a week the entire 2 year run, the first few months of Legion launch I was sickly addicted, playing every frigging night for hours.

Right now in BfA two months after release, I feel meh. Like it's so so, not great, not bad, but bored to heck already. The excitement, the fun factor has disappeared, all my characters feel generic, and lame to play. The frigging GCD and Haste issue is my major deal, slow rotations making it feel like I am in slow motion.

You know the most fun I recently had in WoW ? I used my BfA boost on a 110 Rogue, and I had the most fun doing the Legion Class Hall campaign and Artifact appearance quests in Legion last couple of weeks. It was great and super cool. The Rogue Class Halls was a great area, and doing those quests was good time. Now the Rogue is level 120 and i341, and I haven't touched him since, he feels sort of lame, and I am just not interested in slogging through the BfA stuff on him.

Each night lately, I am less motivated to log on

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can't believe he said he's proud of warmode, wherever I turn I see comments how imbalanced and one-sided it is, but yeah, let's trumpet a success.

He's also proud of Uldir's design and tuning, btw that tuning where the 1st boss on mythic is easier than last 3 on heroic, where on 2 bosses on mythic you can't slot more than 5 melee while you slot 7 rogues on another, where affliction warlocks and brewmaster monks are insta-include in every fight while some other specs can't even find 1 encounter to shine.
    The reason he's proud od it is because he only looks at it from a mechanical viewpoint. As a game mechanic it's outright better than pvp servers and flagging for pvp with. /pvp command.

But what he doesn't get...what he never gets about most complaints...is how the game feels when it's actually being played. He doesn't understand fun outside of his own narrow POV.

I'd give a like to Forbes person for some of the questions at least. Ion's BS talk as almays: "tweak that, manage this, overall everything is fine".

The GCD and Haste issues and most of my characters rotations feeling like they're stuck in mud, or in slow motion. Is my main issue with BfA and why it sucks.
    That's literally the beginning of EVERY expansion. At least come up with a real excuse.

For the first time since WoD early days. I am feeling unexcited to log in each night. For Legion I was playing 6 or 7 nights a week the entire 2 year run, the first few months of Legion launch I was sickly addicted, playing every frigging night for hours.

Right now in BfA two months after release, I feel meh. Like it's so so, not great, not bad, but bored to heck already. The excitement, the fun factor has disappeared, all my characters feel generic, and lame to play. The frigging GCD and Haste issue is my major deal, slow rotations making it feel like I am in slow motion.

You know the most fun I recently had in WoW ? I used my BfA boost on a 110 Rogue, and I had the most fun doing the Legion Class Hall campaign and Artifact appearance quests in Legion last couple of weeks. It was great and super cool. The Rogue Class Halls was a great area, and doing those quests was good time. Now the Rogue is level 120 and i341, and I haven't touched him since, he feels sort of lame, and I am just not interested in slogging through the BfA stuff on him.

Each night lately, I am less motivated to log on
    I'll be honest, the logging on every day for Legion to grind AP and legos is what somewhat burned me out for BFA. It was partly an addiction like you alluded to, for those .5% DPS increases. Like a lesson learned sort of thing.

In your case, how do do you think they could strike the balance between sickly addicted and being not motivated to log on? I'm with you on the GCD changes for sure.

I do think we'll see Mage Towers come back in some form in 8.2. They were just too popular as a feature. I'm generally with most others that are a fan of the more feature-rich middle/later half of expansions, just that first tier can be a slog.

what a load of shit.

it's simple this is

Beta
    For
    Azeroth

what is it now like 6 years they haven't got elemental into a good spot? except maybe first half of nighthold, rest of WoD/Legion & BfA it's just not a spec that is designed for mythic encounters in mind, too many weaknesses no strengths.

when you continue that failure for 6 years you just prove that you don't give a fuck, the first question basically said LUL WE KNOW ELE & SHADOW SUCKS, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE SPECS FUCK OFF AND HEAL!

Azerite is never going to be exciting Ion! Let it go!

The sad thing is that Heather(the interviewer) either plays the game or really did her research here.

She asked some really good questions.

Ion dodged every single one of them.
    That ironically means Ion was a really good pick on Blizzard's end.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Meh. He just gave more of the rehashed non-answers that were in the AMA. "Content delivery is our highest priority and we're not gonna hold off on content because we fucked up and missed the mark for some shit." I hate this. Blizzard made a name for themselves doing the exact opposite of this and it's extremely grating that we now have a lead designer openly standing in defiance of a tenant which formed his game's foundation.

c'est la vie, though, I understand WoW today is a different product for a different market. I just wish Blizzard cared a bit more about polish than the next fucking quarterly report.
    you really expect him to admit that the expansion was rushed so that his boss could get promoted to president of blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm well aware of the reason behind it. I know it's not necessarily new, either, but even as recently as WoD there was a content drought while they finished Legion. I know I might be in a minority here but I actually prefer content droughts as the end result is usually a more refined game. It just seems to me, at least, that there are some people at Blizzard who noticed the subscriber retention levels from Legion and the directive was made to follow that schedule no matter the cost. I get it, they're a business and they have every right to run their business to be profitable -- I just feel like the consumer is ultimately the one who loses out.
    No, I totally agree with you, but again, Blizzard is no longer that company of old. The consumer totally is the one losing out, but they don't answer to the consumer anymore. The stock holders are the ones that matter now, and to them, a rushed expansion that sells even mediocre is better than nothing new coming out and customers quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    It just makes me smile when I see the whole community is in agreement on how bad this expansion is at the moment. I love WOW but this was a disaster, azerite armor killed my enjoyment. I'm not gear hunting for a trait out of a cache once a week. I've played the game over 12 years, I'll play more when they fix their mess.

I'm sorry too but Ion needs to go, don't ever get the impression he understands the regular gamer and his QAs are God awful. He's long winded and deflects all criticism, always trying to put a spin on something.

Oh yea I forgot he worked in litigation, so now all the above makes sense.
    every new expansion it seems like the "whole community is in agreemen on how bad this expansion is"

The sad thing is that Heather(the interviewer) either plays the game or really did her research here.

She asked some really good questions.

Ion dodged every single one of them.
    was thinking the same thing. He needs to take off his lawyer pants and start owning up to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The game pretty much started its decline when WoW merged with Activision. That merger took place in July 2008 and WotLK released that November, so the merger couldn't have influenced the game that was most likely in development for years before the merger.

After that point though, the influence of being a company that answers to stock holders and not consumers has clearly been seen since that point. Blizzard is no longer a company that cares about the consumers first, they're one that cares about their stocks first, placating the customers second, and actually caring about the customers as their last priority. If they can give some generic canned response or more "This isn't really a promise" promises that things will get better later on and that retains even a few customers (profit) they can show their stock holders, that's what they'll do.
    Wait what? How WoW was started to decline when Blizz merged with Activision, when durning WOTLK it was if i good remember 12 million players? I don't get it.

Anyway. I don't care anymore for what Ion have to say...

As always, Ion the Activision whore says nothing while talking a lot.

Deleted
    Unsub and make them see the error ot ther ways? Lots of people left during the years, mostly core people remained , us who paly the game 10+-12 years. Now they fuckit it up with game play AND STORY, its time to stop !

"We're really happy with how War Mode has done so far. " Ion plays Horde XD