Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    witcher 3 has a crap leveling system because you out level side content so quickly you have to keep doing it before story missions or its too trivial.

Especially when half of those side quests are killing monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can call BS all you want I really don't care.

The quest you do right before you do the Wolf quest has you go to a town and kill the guards there and do other stuff so you can weaken the fort. Those guards in my game was level 10's and 11.

These types of games doesn't force side quests on you and like you said Witcher 3 is a perfect example. The only time side quests are really forced on you is ether when you play a JRPG or when u get a game like this that try's to push MTX's on people.

I would fully understand needing to do every side quest if I was playing on the hardest setting. But I'm playing on normal so its really dumb.
    Is it even possible to kill lvl 11s when you are lvl 6? All I know is they weren't that high when I fought them and I am playing on normal too....weird. To be honest, I feel like starting a 2nd run of the game to check again to see what lvl they were when I fought them. But I know they were not 5 lvls above me.

Again, I understand what you are saying but by virtue of buying a game like Witcher 3 if you aren't doing side content you are wasting money as you just paid for 33% of a game... The fact someone buys a game like that pretty much means they are going to play the side content, maybe not 100% of it but a great deal of it.

I fully agree MTs are bad and being forced to play side content to stay current with the main story DOES stink. But you are complaining at LVL SIX! Come on now, you didn't have to grind side quests to stay current up to level 6....let's be real...
    Last edited by yasiru; 2018-10-11 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    There is a legendary weapon which is basically a cursed weapon. 25% hp cap for 100% bonus damage, so after getting that you can make all weapons cursed with a slightly weaker version, since Origins cursed weapons put you at 33% hp.
    Name of the Weapon (Spear): Falx of Olympos
    oh my god this is so awesome thanks so much for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Again, I understand what you are saying but by virtue of buying a game like Witcher 3 if you aren't doing side content you are wasting money as you just paid for 33% of a game... The fact someone buys a game like that pretty much means they are going to play the side content, maybe not 100% of it but a great deal of it.
    Uhh, just looking at the %s on trophies in most games I can tell you the VAST MAJORITY of players do not 100% games or even close.

The people who do are a minority. Even a game like Spider-Man that has a really easy to acquire platinum that can be done on any difficulty setting in 25-30 hours is only sitting at 10% of players who have platinumed it.

Hell, I have a lot of platinums but they took years to acquire that many and they are only in games I really enjoyed playing to the point of doing them. Witcher 3 combat was not interesting enough to 100% the game for me, Origins had some sad excuses for side content and I stopped doing that shit early in the game. The same would likely be true here, but can't fully comment as I won't buy this game until it's $30 or less.

Of the side content I have seen in this game so far, not playing it it's mostly the same crap shit as Origins. Go to location, loot, kill 1-3 named dudes, destroy something or free people and do it over and over again for every fucking copy pasted location. That doesn't scream quality side content for players to enjoy, that screams "make more shit to grind to attract people to our cash shop".

Ubisoft games where known for the checklist style open worlds, but now you have check lists inside the check lists lmfao... The AC games have gotten longer to play, but is it actually quality content holding those hours of play? I would wager just the story content, and quality side stuff(which is few and far between) without level gating would tally the same as the old 15 hour AC games of past.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-10-11 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Origins had some sad excuses for side content and I stopped doing that shit early in the game. The same would likely be true here, but can't fully comment as I won't buy this game until it's $30 or less.

Of the side content I have seen in this game so far, not playing it it's mostly the same crap shit as Origins. Go to location, loot, kill 1-3 named dudes, destroy something or free people and do it over and over again for every fucking copy pasted location. That doesn't scream quality side content for players to enjoy, that screams "make more shit to grind to attract people to our cash shop".
    Yep you hit the nail on the head.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised there isn't a heated discussion about the micro transactions in the game. Everyone on the net is raging about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a heated discussion about the micro transactions in the game. Everyone on the net is raging about it.
    Really nothing needs to be said about them that hasn't been said already.

One side doesn't care other side does and IMO they are shit and the games grind is based around it. Come the next Ubisoft game they will try to push it further until there is enough backlash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Really nothing needs to be said about them that hasn't been said already.

One side doesn't care other side does and IMO they are shit and the games grind is based around it. Come the next Ubisoft game they will try to push it further until there is enough backlash.
    i don't agree with all that shop crap who does, but i think the issue is people who just main story arc zerg will get fucked on levels and keeping their gear upgraded.

but i'm the opposite i've explored locations hoping for hidden stele's for ability points, found legendary beasts, cultists, done a few conquest battles, taken down house leaders, got a lot of bounty on me then taken down all those bounty hunters then recruited legendary ones to my ship, had a good hour or 2 just sailing and enjoying the sea getting into naval battles taking down forts and i'm over levelled(no 50% boost). The game is designed that you do explore a bit and yeah "grind" if you want to call it that but i'm finding it fun, the local quests often are go 210m away kill a couple of guys in a camp and return so yeah i don't do those it's not even rewarding in exp or gold/resources anyway but the other things i've mentioned sure are. Most of the quests that pop up in town are sink 5 ships/kill 10 archers/2 house leaders etc, i pick those up and forget about them they'll get completed just playing the game normally and they seem to just pop back up upon completion anyway so trying to clear your quest list would be silly it's just an endless bonus don't focus them.

At least everything in the store can be earned in game, which most companies won't do, mainly EA. As for the experience row, for me it's not an issue, i bought the game and i'm damn well gonna experience all of it. The main story has you island hopping anyway, so you may as well do the content side by side. I don't get the people who pay £50 for a AAA game and only want to experience 1/2 of the game. It's like paying for a full 3-course meal in a restaurant but only wanting the dessert, you are of course still expected to pay for the other two meals, so you may as well experience and eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i don't agree with all that shop crap who does, but i think the issue is people who just main story arc zerg will get fucked on levels and keeping their gear upgraded.
    You shouldn't be punished just because you just want to do the main story even more so when your playing on Easy or Medium settings. I would fully understand needing to do everything if you are on hard but I'm personally not.

Why is my quest marked level 8 "The Wolf quest" and I'm fighting level 10's and a level 11 its fucken dumb. Why is a two level difference such a huge difference. A level 8 can kill a level 6 in 2-3 hits and if its a elite level 8 then its 1-2 hits.

This whole system screams "hey just spend a little $$$ and you will have a better experience".

A cash shop does not belong in a Single Player game, Compare this to other open world titles (God of War/Spiderman) and you will notice a massive difference. Those two games made you feel rewarded for doing almost anything and Odyssey makes doing anything a chore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    At least everything in the store can be earned in game, which most companies won't do, mainly EA. As for the experience row, for me it's not an issue, i bought the game and i'm damn well gonna experience all of it. The main story has you island hopping anyway, so you may as well do the content side by side. I don't get the people who pay £50 for a AAA game and only want to experience 1/2 of the game. It's like paying for a full 3-course meal in a restaurant but only wanting the dessert, you are of course still expected to pay for the other two meals, so you may as well experience and eat them.
    Maybe people want to experience the main part (The story) first and then backtrack later. Everyone play's games different, I personally normally do the main story first then side shit after when I have a ich to return to the game.

As for the bolded what Odyssey has done is no different then any EA game.

You shouldn't be punished just because you just want to do the main story even more so when your playing on Easy or Medium settings. I would fully understand needing to do everything if you are on hard but I'm personally not.

Why is my quest marked level 8 "The Wolf quest" and I'm fighting level 10's and a level 11 its fucken dumb. Why is a two level difference such a huge difference. A level 8 can kill a level 6 in 2-3 hits and if its a elite level 8 then its 1-2 hits.

This whole system screams "hey just spend a little $$$ and you will have a better experience".

A cash shop does not belong in a Single Player game, Compare this to other open world titles (God of War/Spiderman) and you will notice a massive difference. Those two games made you feel rewarded for doing almost anything and Odyssey makes doing anything a chore.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe people want to experience the main part (The story) first and then backtrack later. Everyone play's games different, I personally normally do the main story first then side shit after when I have a ich to return to the game.

As for the bolded what Odyssey has done is no different then any EA game.
    you're supposed to do the "side shit" when you're in that area being level 50 then going back to an area that was 14-16 isn't much fun.

i just think FF13 is your kind of game a corridor simulator, you hated exploring in BotW you hate exploring in AC, maybe stop buying huge open world games that you know promotes exploring as you play the game not just doing the main story?

but hey it's your money, keep buying these games knowing there's going to be grind(exploration) and complaining.

you know what games i don't like anymore? shooters, you know what i do? don't buy them.

--snip--
    Or you know other open world titles that don't force me to play X way is more my thing like God of War and Spiderman. You know games that are games and not games that want to be a service that keeps raking in cash over and over.

I do love how people like you ignore the games issues and just blame the player. Witcher 3,God of War,Fallout 4,Spiderman all open world titles that let you play your way.

But by all means defend this shit and when it gets worse in their next game you will only have yourself to blame.

BotW you hate exploring in AC,
    Clearly you didn't read my posts if you think exploring is why I hated BOTW.

Don't want me to do a quest at level 6 then don't fucken let me do it at level 6. Also don't mark it has a level 8 quest that has level 11 mobs in it.

Or you know other open world titles that don't force me to play X way is more my thing like God of War and Spiderman. You know games that are games and not games that want to be a service that keeps raking in cash over and over.

I do love how people like you ignore the games issues and just blame the player. Witcher 3,God of War,Fallout 4,Spiderman all open world titles that let you play your way.

But by all means defend this shit and when it gets worse in their next game you will only have yourself to blame.

Clearly you didn't read my posts if you think exploring is why I hated BOTW.

Don't want me to do a quest at level 6 then don't fucken let me do it at level 6. Also don't mark it has a level 8 quest that has level 11 mobs in it.
    Odyssey is better than Origins just about everyone agrees, they can continue they way they are for me, yes exploring was your issue in BotW, you lacked weapons because of durability = exploring = more weapons, i was literally throwing away 36 damage 1handers, but ahhhhh my main story arc me no explore!

and who is buying these store boosts anyway? a few critics who don't have the time to really play the game and need to speedrun it because they have more games to review?

I only do main quest, side quest (!), and I check out the (?) on the map to clear bandits/forts from time to time.. just playing the game, and the zone I'm in was 14-16 I believe.. and its now boosted to 26-26 because I'm so far ahead on the level.. So outside of people who only do main story, saying this game "is a grind" that push you to buy xp boost is a big stretch imo. If you just play the game, not even trying, you'll be on par/ahead in term of level. If you only do the main story, then maybe yes you'll be behind, game wasnt intended to be played like that, sorry I guess?

I mean.. its like playing monster hunter and saying I just want to do the main story, not the grind it comes with. Its just weird to me. Its not a bad design, the game is intended so you do at least a bit of side content. Might not enjoy it, might not be for you, but it doesnt make it bad to me. I personnaly love the game, and think the leveling and all that is perfect, cause I buy/play these game to do the content it has to offer, all of it, not just the minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I mean.. its like playing monster hunter and saying I just want to do the main story, not the grind it comes with.
    What?

If you want to just play the main story in MHW you can certainly do that and don't have to grind a thing.

What?

If you want to just play the main story in MHW you can certainly do that and don't have to grind a thing.
    You can only do the main story from start to finish without grinding to craft armor or weapon? So 0 bounty, side mission, hunts? Guess I suck, cause I remember having to do these things.

Odyssey is better than Origins just about everyone agrees, they can continue they way they are for me, yes exploring was your issue in BotW, you lacked weapons because of durability = exploring = more weapons, i was literally throwing away 36 damage 1handers, but ahhhhh my main story arc me no explore!

and who is buying these store boosts anyway? a few critics who don't have the time to really play the game and need to speedrun it because they have more games to review?
    I myself only have one xp boost and that is only because of the codes gotten from buying Totino's pizza's but what I really wanted was the weapons it's just the first code you use gives an xp boost and the next two each give a weapon a sword and a bow. But it's not like I don't get the Totino's pizza's anyways they are good for an easy lunch.

- - - Updated - - -

You can only do the main story from start to finish without grinding to craft armor or weapon? So 0 bounty, side mission, hunts? Guess I suck, cause I remember having to do these things.
    Yeah I don't think your going to do very well if you try to just do the story unless you are carried as you are very unlikely to really be able to upgrade your equipment.

Yes, you can. In fact I did. Solo. I have 0 interest in grinding in any MH game and only bought MHW due to the semi high production value of the main story.

The game(base story anyways can't speak about post game shit, didn't do it) is about dodging and punishing actual stats don't do shit but make shit die faster or allow you to take more hits. It's like claiming you need to soul farm to beat Dark Souls... you don't.

Deleted
    guys am i the only one that missed the cinematic compeltey? Like do they even have one?

Uhh, just looking at the %s on trophies in most games I can tell you the VAST MAJORITY of players do not 100% games or even close.

The people who do are a minority. Even a game like Spider-Man that has a really easy to acquire platinum that can be done on any difficulty setting in 25-30 hours is only sitting at 10% of players who have platinumed it.

Hell, I have a lot of platinums but they took years to acquire that many and they are only in games I really enjoyed playing to the point of doing them. Witcher 3 combat was not interesting enough to 100% the game for me, Origins had some sad excuses for side content and I stopped doing that shit early in the game. The same would likely be true here, but can't fully comment as I won't buy this game until it's $30 or less.

Ubisoft games where known for the checklist style open worlds, but now you have check lists inside the check lists lmfao... The AC games have gotten longer to play, but is it actually quality content holding those hours of play? I would wager just the story content, and quality side stuff(which is few and far between) without level gating would tally the same as the old 15 hour AC games of past.
    Please show me anywhere in my post that I mentioned 100%/platinum a game? You must have read into that yourself. I said people who buy a game like Witcher 3 don't do ONLY the main story content, they actually explore around and participate in side content as well. That's kind of the point...

I won't totally disagree with you that a lot of side quests in this game aren't super interesting, but let's face it, in most games, especially ones that are very large/open world like this one, they are all like that. Big exception for this game is the Cult stuff though. It is played/discovered primarily through side quests and is probably the best part of the game...

Besides, why are you even complaining about a game you aren't even playing yourself?