Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Witch hunt ? Yes or no ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...witch_hunting/

I assume its about the dev who has a fictional crush about Sylvanas and inserts him in the story thru Nathan Blightcaller.

So can we criticize something like that or not ?

Whats you'r oppinion?

Mine is , death threats are not a good option, but wanting to remove someone like that from that position is a valid point

Meh, I find it disappointing that they have:

- A decade old engine that still runs pretty well.
    - A well established franchise that allows them to create any world, character or story they want.
    - Millions of loyal fans excited to see every new thing they add.

And they can't create anything better than this.

But I wouldn't insult or threaten anyone over it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    Mine is , death threats are not a good option, but wanting to remove someone like that from that position is a valid point
    Critize the *content*. It doesn't matter who created it. present arguments as to why that content/lore is bad. In order to achieve any change, you need to make sure Blizzard understands the problem first. And that can only be achieved by pointing out the flaws in the content/lore. then, when they agree that there is a problem, let them work out how they want to address that internally.

In the end, it should not matter who creates the content, just that it is good quality.

Calling for a person to be removed serves no purpose if you can not say *why*. And if you can say *why*, focus on the change you want, not on the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Critize the *content*. It doesn't matter who created it. present arguments as to why that content/lore is bad. In order to achieve any change, you need to make sure Blizzard understands the problem first. And that can only be achieved by pointing out the flaws in the content/lore. then, when they agree that there is a problem, let them work out how they want to address that internally.

In the end, it should not matter who creates the content, just that it is good quality.

Calling for a person to be removed serves no purpose if you can not say *why*. And if you can say *why*, focus on the change you want, not on the person.
    I agree, I do understand that Natah was there from Vanilla ( i played then ) but it just seams , someone wants to shoo horn him in our faces. I mean he got a special new look before Lor'themar Theron.

Natahn can stand up to a empowered Tyrande and Malfurion ? From a Horde player, somehow it just seams its RL fan fiction.

Lor'themar Theron as a fellow elf etc, could be more prominent this expansion then him, or other leaders, etc etc . But nahhh , we are getting a fan fiction RL thing. It's becoming DISGUSTING.

Dont see many people supporting that car, and even more hating him from all sides.

10+ Year Old Account

I assume its about the dev who has a fictional crush about Sylvanas and inserts him in the story thru Nathan Blightcaller.

Whats you'r oppinion?

I think people need to get a life, is what I think.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

- A well established franchise that allows them to create any world, character or story they want.

nor do i support insulting people upfront ( i do it my slef on this forums , but more in a annoyed state etc )

That's the problem, for the X time the lie, for the X time they disregard there own lore etc, they have so much other options , yet they choose this shit . There are lots of better opinionated and written criticism then mine. Well that sad for me that i am incapable most of the times to write whats in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Since that won't happen anytime soon, off with their heads!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

If you are so full of hatred and vitriol over a FUCKING VIDEO GAME that you need to threaten the devs then you have a serious mental problem.

There is passion for a game and criticising a game. Death threats is neither.

There is never an acceptable reason to threaten a dev because you don't like the game. And pretending there is just makes you look even more of an idiot than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post

Top points. Ad homonim only shows your own flaws with self expression. the guy may be a self insert character, i dont care, what i do care about though is that the story is turning to shit for whatever reason. characters are making bold moves with no motivation, logical steps are ignored, plot recycling is happening etc. there is a lot to be annoyed about without picking on one self insert character.

Threats to someone for writing a story should both be completely ignored and reviled. its just a story, no need to make fake ass empty threats to get your point across. if you feel like threatening someone, do some self reflection and try putting your feelings and opinions into words instead of resorting to worthless threats.

Also, just cos someone fucked up, doesnt mean they need to be fired. the entitlement of folk pushing this is just retarded. Criticism is worthless if you just fire the person, its better to give well thought out and presented feedback that others can rally behind instead of going out for blood and entering the feeding frenzy. this guy might have made a self insert character on purpose or by accident, i can judge my opinion on it but i cant say for certain either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you are so full of hatred and vitriol over a FUCKING VIDEO GAME that you need to threaten the devs then you have a serious mental problem.

There is never an acceptable reason to threaten a dev because you don't like the game. And pretending there is just makes you look even more of an idiot than ever.
    Ermagerd! Letters on a screen can cause severe cases of aids and waaah waaah waaaaah!
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...73/406/076.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think, no I'm sure, you are right, but you risk getting a witch hunt on you if you say your opinion when it doesnt fit with others

There's not enough to form a witch hunt. Even if there was enough, a witch hunt is stupid. Get over it.

Deleted
    Btw i am NOT advocating A WITCH hunt , nor do i support RL Death Threats

Does he really, though? Or is it just angry fanbrats looking for a scapegoat that are blowing things out of proportion (again)? The comments on that reddit post makes me think it's the latter.

These people need to get a fucking life.

wanting to remove someone like that from that position is a valid point
    No, it's not. A guy RP'ing as Nathanos (supposedly; could be he plays a Forsaken) and fawning over Sylvanas on his twitter is a stupid reason to have someone fired or removed from their position.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-11 at 11:23 AM.

Whats you'r oppinion?

Any form of physical threat, harassment, bullying or intimidation issued towards a person for doing their job is not okay. Period.

As for petitioning for someones removal: If you find whatever they do faulty, engage them in a dialogue, if possible. It is always difficult when it comes to storytelling, since tastes differ. And the problem with the internet is, for everyone who wants to do an actual petitiance with solid criticism, based on facts, you have 1.000 who are either trolling or don't like a certain narrative.

I'd say blatantly forbidding them is wrong, but on the other hand, moderators etc are only human aswell, they'd have to spend countless hours explaining to people why their petition was shut down while another was allowed to stay. I assume this is some form of protection for the mod and admin team, and I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Yep. With the amount of experience they have by now I expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Bit harsh, but what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Ermagerd! Letters on a screen can cause severe cases of aids and waaah waaah waaaaah!
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...73/406/076.png
    And this is the breed of people responsible for noone taking people on the web serious anymore.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get your torches and sticks, we hunt tonight!

Seriously, we know Blizzard bias for some time now, unfortunately it won't change because they have employers like this.

Imo that is unprofessional behavior, it's obvious that the community is not happy about how the history has been handled so far and eventually they will have to come up with a solution. His tweets only make easier to spot the problem.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Whats you'r oppinion?

Were there actually death threats or is it just reddit mods being reddit mods? Because it all seems to be deleted now (as expected from reddit mods).

7+ Year Old Account
    While I obviously don't support death threats and such: Having read through all that, it feels more like they just used a "Death threat, take posts down" card when there really weren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Top points. Ad homonim only shows your own flaws with self expression. the guy may be a self insert character, i dont care, what i do care about though is that the story is turning to shit for whatever reason. characters are making bold moves with no motivation, logical steps are ignored, plot recycling is happening etc. there is a lot to be annoyed about without picking on one self insert character.
    Well said.

[QUOTE=bloodmoth13;50281489]
    Also, just cos someone fucked up, doesnt mean they need to be fired. the entitlement of folk pushing this is just retarded. Criticism is worthless if you just fire the person, its better to give well thought out and presented feedback that others can rally behind instead of going out for blood and entering the feeding frenzy. this guy might have made a self insert character on purpose or by accident, i can judge my opinion on it but i cant say for certain either way.

Well, remove doesn't necessarily mean fired, just moved to another position where he can do no harm. In an interactive story like this, you need a writing staff that is as close to neutral as humanly possible. There will always be favorites, of course, but you never want a writer with an extremly skewered opinion.

There was a situation like this in Warhmmer 40k, where a writer was let loose on the background and decided to Michael Bay it, giving his favorite characters ridiculous stories and then going on to create characters so powerfull they make Mary Sue look pathetic. He also picked a piece of wargear that he thought 'was pretty cool, but always to weak', so he buffed it to a point where it almost broke the game. So, not only did his skewered view screw up a lot of background, it also had a huge impact on the quality of the game itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Does he really, though? Or is it just angry fanbrats looking for a scapegoat that are blowing things out of proportion (again)? The comments on that reddit post makes me think it's the latter.

These people need to get a fucking life.

No, it's not. A guy RP'ing as Nathanos (supposedly; could be he plays a Forsaken) and fawning over Sylvanas on his twitter is a stupid reason to have someone fired.
    Well, it seams like that , his first appearance was in a way more prominent in Legion, but now in BFA he is all over the place , more than any character. He is on the alliance side of story's hes on the IN the FACE part mostly 2. He gets to own 2 major alliance characters ( in a way ) . Gets a Valkyrie killed ( well no personaly ). Ad i pointed out he got a revamp look before Lor'themar Theron ( it was clearly in the works , now finished ).

And so on... I get it he was a ok char in vanilla , kille some alliance players, now he is more OP then some Major chars, and threat the Player like a personal "go do it slave " character.

Its immersion breaking , bad writing, annoying , etc. We get push by him around sometime like a grunt. For people who invest time in there characters , the lore etc.. it is a problem i would say .

Yes Green Jesus was annoying , and lots of other, but somehow , somewhat , this expansion everything just feels more bad, and utter disregard of the communetys input how they feel.

I mean , after the game LAUNCHES , they admit that they should have been listening during beta ( in a way saying they ignored everything. ) And now they disregard story feedback
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-10-11 at 11:32 AM.