Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Looks like Tapatio. Good choice.
    not hot enough

OP: Groceries are WAY expensive in Cali

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    i bet half of them will go past the consumption date, what a waste.
    Pretty sure OP will have no trouble gorging on all that stuff within time, no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Good for you, frugality and deferring gratification are good life skills

You must be a good cook.

As people that get lots of spice, ingredients and so on, eat more healthy than people that just buy 4 Frozen Pies or 6 Frozen Pizzas

I think cooking classes should be part of secondary school or junior high in the USA.

I had cooking classes at school & enjoy cooking at home rather than living on takeaways.

15+ Year Old Account
    I spend less than 200 euros a month on food (with prices higher than the OP's) so I don't see anything remarkable in the photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Pretty sure OP will have no trouble gorging on all that stuff within time, no worries.
    I eat +4000 cal per day and i wouldn't eat that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I spend less than 200 euros a month on food (with prices higher than the OP's) so I don't see anything remarkable in the photos.
    I pay about 80 euros a month for two people in terms of food expense. Then again, I do always shop in Lidl.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So proud of my shopping skills. This is what $250 of groceries looks like when done properly. Not pictured is the 2 boxes of coffee pods, dragonfruit my boyfriend ate on the drive home, or the 3lbs of asada that I cooked for dinner. We even got some extras like chips, cookies, corn dogs, and fresh fruits. Was going to pick up a pizza on the way home since I absolutely hate cooking after I've done grocery shopping but the funds weren't there which is why I made the asada. I'm exhausted but feel so accomplished in my shopping.

Anyone else ever feel really accomplished & proud of their ability to get a lot of stuff (groceries or clothes) for not a lot of money?

I feel accomplished when I buy $250 worth of groceries but only actually spent $70. How? By clipping coupons and keeping an eye on sales. Then wait for days when there's a sale and I have a coupon for it, and go nuts with it.

Buying cheap groceries is easy, but are they healthy, quality stuff? That's where it gets trickier, though personally I feel accomplished by being able to disregard price tags entirely whilst only buying the best the local market offers.

Deleted
    for $250 i would have bought nearly triple that !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    I pay about 80 euros a month for two people in terms of food expense. Then again, I do always shop in Lidl.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7-RPLB5LU

Deleted
    Yeah Lidl is the one, literally cut my food shopping in half.

As a chef I am useless so I mainly eat 'one pot' foods so chilli, spag bol, stew and curries and I did notice the veg isn't really up to much so I shop at Morisons for that which is a tiny bit more expensive but only pennies

- - - Updated - - -

OP - How long would that last you?

15+ Year Old Account
    How much does that last for you?

I spend about €150 a month on food. €250 if I go batshit crazy on chocolate which happens from time to time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    you eat 100 euros worth of chocolate in a month???
    It can happen. I freaking love chocolate. Sometimes even skip real meals and just eat chocolate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It can happen. I freaking love chocolate. Sometimes even skip real meals and just eat chocolate instead.
    I love sweets but I think I just threw up a little at the thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You lick spiders.
    For scienc- I mean, manga.

Deleted
    What on earth are you eating

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm missing out on something here. *checks quote box* Oh there are pictures, just can't see them. I also learnt what Asada is and that it's a thing so thanks OP.

Not really sure what else I can say other than I don't get buying fruit unless you're gonna eat it the same day. It just becomes something you go "Eh I'll eat it later" and then you don't. Unless they're Raspberries or Grapes which you can just eat whenever.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    What on earth are you eating
    I don't buy premade foods, I buy cooking ingredients. That's what I'm eating.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I spent $250 on groceries! Look look!

First off: who cares?

Second: you didn't do a good job. Corn dogs? Several things of coffee creamer? You realize how much you're wasting on these things? Buying straight half&half and using sugar is not only healthier for you, but also cheaper.

Nah, you shouldn't feel proud of yourself. I'd feel worried if I were you. I AM worried for you
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

My wife is an extreme couponer.

She regularly saves over $90-125 every time she goes big at the store. This is savings that always hover in the 90% range. This means she regularly pays about $15-22 for $125 and up worth of shit.

I still have deodorants, laundry detergents etc from when she got them last year.

It's awesome but you make sacrifices regarding to what you eat, etc... Whatever's on sale is what we eat.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2018-10-11 at 06:20 PM.