Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few possible options I see here as someone that might have their "third death" story-wise:

1. Alleria
    As the OP shows, Alleria considers herself to have died twice. Blizzard saying this seems like a highly ham-fisted way of making her the third death, so it would make sense. The problem I see is that while she may have considered herself twice dead, she never actually died. She has stayed Alleria, even if she has been taken in by the Void. For an Old God to have this kind of insight to her personality on a distant world would feel weird. Then again, Blizz did try to ham-fist that quote in, so...

2. Sylvanas
    She seems to be a main focus in this expansion and may well be a raid boss at the end of it. Even the most flattering stories for her at this point seem to end in some sort of heroic death rather than living with everyone holding hands. The main problem here is that she's already died three times (fighting Arthas, jumping off ICC, shot by Godfrey), but Blizz could easily explain one away if they so choose. Maybe the ICC one wasn't an actual death, but rather a Val'kyr trick to get a new boss. Maybe the Arthas one doesn't technically count as Sylvanas really became a different person after Arthas raised her. Maybe she was just really sleepy rather than dead from Godfrey (OK, that one's a stretch).

3. Azeroth
    We've seen two possible "deaths" for Azeroth in the form of the Sundering and the Shattering. This expansion seems like she's at risk for a third death, might she be the choice? Interesting thought on this one: Wrathion's quote upon eating the Thunder King's heart. "We must rebuild the Final Titan!" How does one rebuild a Titan persay? What exactly does Reorigination do to Azeroth herself? I almost wonder if such events actually somewhat kill her down to a minor cell or two where she has to regrow/be reborn. If so, she's a prime candidate here, particularly as her death would likely break down a lot of safeguards on the Old Gods.

4. Helya
    We killed her once in the ToV raid and fought her intensely in Maw of Souls. You could definitely argue that what Odyn did to her was a death in and of itself. And yet, one of the island expeditions gives us evidence that Helya yet lives. She seems like a good candidate for a third death as well, especially given whatever her deal with Sylvanas was and her control over the Shadowlands.

How about we simply aknowledge that Old God minions are infamously known for adopting shady tactics based around deceit and lies to mess with their enemies' heads and turning them against each other? Your first and biggest mistake, is assuming that that Old God minion was telling the truth, when Old Gods and their servants are known for spreading false lies to cause havoc amongst their foes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Then it can't apply to any one really. Since no character (I can think of) beyond Slyvannas has died more then once. And she's on her fourth.

So unless someone gonna die alot in quick succession it seems like it will have to be metaphorical

Actually Kel'Thulzad and maybe the Lich King have died twice but their not women.
    Kel'thuzad has died three times.

Arthas has died only once.

Bolvar has never died.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I don't get your point.
    Whoops. I must have misread your post so ignore that.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    A few possible options I see here as someone that might have their "third death" story-wise:

1. Alleria
    As the OP shows, Alleria considers herself to have died twice. Blizzard saying this seems like a highly ham-fisted way of making her the third death, so it would make sense. The problem I see is that while she may have considered herself twice dead, she never actually died. She has stayed Alleria, even if she has been taken in by the Void. For an Old God to have this kind of insight to her personality on a distant world would feel weird. Then again, Blizz did try to ham-fist that quote in, so...

2. Sylvanas
    She seems to be a main focus in this expansion and may well be a raid boss at the end of it. Even the most flattering stories for her at this point seem to end in some sort of heroic death rather than living with everyone holding hands. The main problem here is that she's already died three times (fighting Arthas, jumping off ICC, shot by Godfrey), but Blizz could easily explain one away if they so choose. Maybe the ICC one wasn't an actual death, but rather a Val'kyr trick to get a new boss. Maybe the Arthas one doesn't technically count as Sylvanas really became a different person after Arthas raised her. Maybe she was just really sleepy rather than dead from Godfrey (OK, that one's a stretch).

3. Azeroth
    We've seen two possible "deaths" for Azeroth in the form of the Sundering and the Shattering. This expansion seems like she's at risk for a third death, might she be the choice? Interesting thought on this one: Wrathion's quote upon eating the Thunder King's heart. "We must rebuild the Final Titan!" How does one rebuild a Titan persay? What exactly does Reorigination do to Azeroth herself? I almost wonder if such events actually somewhat kill her down to a minor cell or two where she has to regrow/be reborn. If so, she's a prime candidate here, particularly as her death would likely break down a lot of safeguards on the Old Gods.

4. Helya
    We killed her once in the ToV raid and fought her intensely in Maw of Souls. You could definitely argue that what Odyn did to her was a death in and of itself. And yet, one of the island expeditions gives us evidence that Helya yet lives. She seems like a good candidate for a third death as well, especially given whatever her deal with Sylvanas was and her control over the Shadowlands.
    Heyla can gtfo.

It is either about:

A. Sylvanas
    B. Alleria
    C. Azeroth (highly unlikely)

or

D. Crazy old god bullshit.

I don't think it's D, however, as they are fairly specific by naming a gender.

This could be some red-shirt-guy level shit though with Blizzard forgetting -- again -- that Sylvanas died in her short story and/or in Silverpine Forest in Cataclysm. Alleria seems to be implied though, and makes sense given that she has a direct connection with the void.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Kel'thuzad has died three times.

Arthas has died only once.

Bolvar has never died.
    Oh fuck I forgot naxx was recycled! Yeap three

Lich King as a sole entity not the people that act has a host. Ner'zhul death -> Arthas death -> Bolvar's potential death. That's how I'd count it.

Why can't it be Xal'atath?

First death being whatever restricted her to the weapon.
    Second being when we absorbed the energy from Sarg's sword.
    Third is up in the air now. And she IS coming back.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets not count the first time she was brought back by Arthas, Theme wise she died from suicide then a gun to the face. And with her 8.1 that is why Nathanos said she will not be happy.

It seems every death she had took an additional 2 the next time 1,3,5 and she had nine to start with.

I think this is actually a really legitimate theory, OP. I came into this thread expecting to be like "hahahaha no chance" but that screenshot kind of says a lot.

In particular I think it's the kind of sneaky direct verbal reference the Blizzard writers would do. "Hour of her third death" makes a lot more sense when you see that Alleria sees herself as having died in her own mind.
    And I don't think it's that hard to imagine what her "third death" would be. If Arator died, her anchor would be lost and she would likely go truly insane and lose herself to the Void.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm riding and dying with my call of it being Sylvanas, Val'kyr-saved Silverpine be damned, and NEXT expansion being the Old Gods and the Black Empire.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Oh fuck I forgot naxx was recycled! Yeap three

Lich King as a sole entity not the people that act has a host. Ner'zhul death -> Arthas death -> Bolvar's potential death. That's how I'd count it.
    I wouldn't look at the Lich King as a sole entity, because he is anything but. Each Lich King has had its own personality and agenda. They are not the same person.

Still, it is possible you are onto something, but it's 'her' not 'him' so that's already shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why can't it be Xal'atath?

First death being whatever restricted her to the weapon.
    Second being when we absorbed the energy from Sarg's sword.
    Third is up in the air now. And she IS coming back.
    That thought occurred to me right now, too. That presumes she isn't an Old God herself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    That thought occurred to me right now, too. That presumes she isn't an Old God herself though.
    I don't think her being an Old God would restrict it. If anything, she's the one with the most motivation to usher in other void based powers.

I'm fairly certain there's scenario dialogue around based on her too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heyla can gtfo.

It is either about:

A. Sylvanas
    B. Alleria
    C. Azeroth (highly unlikely)

or

D. Crazy old god bullshit.

I don't think it's D, however, as they are fairly specific by naming a gender.

This could be some red-shirt-guy level shit though with Blizzard forgetting -- again -- that Sylvanas died in her short story and/or in Silverpine Forest in Cataclysm. Alleria seems to be implied though, and makes sense given that she has a direct connection with the void.
    It likely isn't Helya, but does it not seem strange that they make a reference to Helya still being alive as they do?

Personally, I suspect that reference is more for a future raid on Death itself (Bwonsamdi, perhaps another Helya, that other Death Loa mentioned in Tanaris, etc), but given the death count, we really can't eliminate her as a possible entity from this yet.

Clearly they are talking about a merge between WoW and Buffy the vampire slayer. Buffy will usher many a coming.

Deleted
    I wouldn't look at the Lich King as a sole entity, because he is anything but. Each Lich King has had its own personality and agenda. They are not the same person.

Still, it is possible you are onto something, but it's 'her' not 'him' so that's already shot down.
    Well there probably some continuation. Bolvar has become an increasingly shady dude so i guess there is some corrupting force.

Also i know its neither of them are the ones , that was literally my entire original point. I was saying its almost certainly a metaphorical death not literal since the only ones (one with the removal of Kel) who have died are male and so doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    It likely isn't Helya, but does it not seem strange that they make a reference to Helya still being alive as they do?

Personally, I suspect that reference is more for a future raid on Death itself (Bwonsamdi, perhaps another Helya, that other Death Loa mentioned in Tanaris, etc), but given the death count, we really can't eliminate her as a possible entity from this yet.
    Helya might not be dead but she is not going to be playing a major role in this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there probably some continuation. Bolvar has become an increasingly shady dude so i guess there is some corrupting force.

Also i know its neither of them are the ones , that was literally my entire original point. I was saying its almost certainly a metaphorical death not literal since the only ones (one with the removal of Kel) who have died are male and so doesn't fit.
    Absolutely. The Helm of Domination consumes their humanity. They become cold and lifeless. Yet Bolvar still has plans to follow. But what are they? What is he doing? He wanted the Legion gone as an obvious thread, but what's next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Helya might not be dead but she is not going to be playing a major role in this expansion.
    Who said that was coming in during this expansion? Any of those deaths could happen say at the end of BfA/beginning of next expansion and lead into whatever the next expansion will be.

Azeroth hasn't died three times. She's been wounded gravely, but never actually died.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzan View Post
    Probably Azeroth, with the 3 S'es
    1) Sundering
    2) Shattering
    3) Stabbing
    this makes sense, i personally think it refers to lillian voss since she's actually died twice so far.
    once in tristfal before being raised, and a second time in scholomance but she somehow came back.
    add that we still have no idea where she got her shadow powers from.

- - - Updated - - -

are you sure? sylvanas did sell her soul to her, it doesn't take much to make a puppet dance.