Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas is answering your World of Warcraft questions including those on the next content update—Tides of Vengeance.

Man, not sure they'll ever get these azerite traits right.

"Set pieces were the exception"

I wish they would just get over their obsession with having to haul around 2-4 sets of Azerite armor. Not surprising, but still.

"We're talking about a few percent here" that is not the hill I'd want to die on but Ion sure seems adamant about it.

What kind of a monster wears a nice watch and a fit-bit on the same wrist? Someone should punch that most punchable of faces.

Deleted
    I wonder how much players the game lost for that absurde amount of Q&As to take place. Worst part is, the number probably drop even more after each Q&A since Ion always finds a way to be more and more disconnected with what players want each time...

I'd love to hear his thoughts on Islands, wonder if that'll come up.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There is value to having a bit of friction when it comes to changing specs." - If by "value" he means "annoying as shit." then yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    good thing i gave up on azerite ever being good, no idea why they are being thick headed on this and seemingly look down on us when we complain about it

Sigh. Every fucking question so far is about Azerite. Idgaf. It's a shit system, hard stop. Let's talk about other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    "There is value to having a bit of friction when it comes to changing specs." - What a crock of shit.
    Yep. That's just beyond fucking stupid.

There is nothing valuable or fun about being pissed that I'm unable to play another spec without having to make big changes. Such as farming Azerite pieces.

The whole system in general was meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Sigh. Every fucking question so far is about Azerite. Idgaf. It's a shit system, hard stop. Let's talk about other stuff.
    Seconded. /10

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like there are a lot of minor issues with the fundamental concept of the system, the core mechanics of how it works, that can't easily be fixed without completely reworking the system. These issues aren't major ones individually, but combined, really bog it down.

Even making the traits exciting and competitive and easier to target isn't going to fix how clunky the system itself actually is, so it's never going to feel as great as it could unless they change it fundamentally.

Its the problem of most players, cry shittloads cause that 0,1% upgrade is hard to get...people are so obssessed with loot...

I'm really curious if they ever do a q&a which does not answer already answered questions over and over again.
    Give us answers to questions to things you havent talked about or have something new, but this is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Based on their track record, and especially recent track record, you will find Jimmy Hoffas body in Atlantis before they ever do anything real to balance traits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Its the problem of most players, cry shittloads cause that 0,1% upgrade is hard to get...people are so obssessed with loot...
    Go figure, in a gear treadmill game, people are obsessed with gear

"Set pieces in past expansions were an exception to the standard rules when it comes to items. It felt odd to need multiple of the exact same item to cover multiple specs with a set bonus."

Huh?? It was perfect in Legion, you could use your set items for all specs. NOW you have multiple items to cover each spec..... weird logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I'm really curious if they ever do a q&a which does not answer already answered questions over and over again.
    Give us answers to questions to things you havent talked about or have something new, but this is just nonsense.
    They dont do real questions... they field softball garbage with planned answers

He's such a fucking cunt.

And clearly does not play the game.

"If you don't have the perfect gear and traits for another spec and you switch, you'll only be slightly less effective. This matters for the people racing to world first, but doesn't matter nearly as much for everyone else."

Yeah, cool. Wait for the elitist jerks that are doing a pug mythic + 3 and think they are running for the world first, to see if they wont kick you for having "bad gear"