Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Well, except for the fact that Goku is much more closely aligned as a carbon copy of Superman than either are of a copy of Moses. Moses shared the archetype of a single baby sent from a calamity. Goku and Superman are both "the last" of their respective races who were sent to earth on the verge of their homeworlds exploding. They are flying, super-strong heroes with an array of overpowered strengths and abilities.

So yeah, not quite the same as Moses.
    actually he wasnt the last (considering that even radish wasnt on the planet but with vegeta on mission) and the planet itself wasnt in a calamity (like krypton). if really freezer should be associated to the pharaon and their wrath on jews/saiyan. effectively the space and superstrenght are in common, but thats all (and in reality not even superstrenght considering that a lot of his power are directly based on sun wukong).
    anyway superman is fundamentally a space copy of moses and surely there are like hundreds of japanese stories with the same plot, so there isnt any point in discuss it...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2018-10-07 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    actually he wasnt the last (considering that even radish wasnt on the planet but with vegeta on mission) and the planet itself wasnt in a calamity (like krypton). if really freezer should be associated to the pharaon and their wrath on jews/saiyan. effectively the space and superstrenght are in common, but thats all (and in reality not even superstrenght considering that a lot of his power are directly based on sun wukong).
    anyway superman is fundamentally a space copy of moses and surely there are like hundreds of japanese stories with the same plot, so there isnt any point in discuss it...
    Mental gymnastics but you're still wrong. Sorry. https://www.quora.com/Was-Goku-parti...ed-by-Superman

Superman was also not the very last Kryptonian, but both Goku and Clark Kent were assumed to be the very last until others showed up. And hey guess what? Zod and Raditz/Vegeta/Nappa happened to both be badguys! How strange. Almost like Toriyama borrowed heavily from Superman or something.

Toriyama outright admits he lifted heavily from Superman, so any further argument is pointless. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are both heavily inspired by the legend of the Monkey King and Superman. Goku's origin story is 1:1 Superman's. An evil force (Brainiac/Zod/whoever happens to be truly behind Krypton's destruction in any given canon:Freeza) destroys Superman:Goku's home planet, they're raised as a human but are actually a super powerful alien with extraordinary powers from another planet.

You seem to be very defensive over the fact your precious Kakarotcarrotcake was directly inspired/double dipped from a western source. I can only hope you learn to cope with this.

Mental gymnastics but you're still wrong. Sorry. https://www.quora.com/Was-Goku-parti...ed-by-Superman

Superman was also not the very last Kryptonian, but both Goku and Clark Kent were assumed to be the very last until others showed up. And hey guess what? Zod and Raditz/Vegeta/Nappa happened to both be badguys! How strange. Almost like Toriyama borrowed heavily from Superman or something.

Toriyama outright admits he lifted heavily from Superman, so any further argument is pointless. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are both heavily inspired by the legend of the Monkey King and Superman. Goku's origin story is 1:1 Superman's. An evil force (Brainiac/Zod/whoever happens to be truly behind Krypton's destruction in any given canon:Freeza) destroys Superman:Goku's home planet, they're raised as a human but are actually a super powerful alien with extraordinary powers from another planet.

You seem to be very defensive over the fact your precious Kakarotcarrotcake was directly inspired/double dipped from a western source. I can only hope you learn to cope with this.
    do you read the link?
    why suppaman should be related to goku? then even in your link akira confirm that the main inspiration for dragon boy (the short story antecedent of dragon ball) was jackie chan (and no mention at all of superman).
    he even drew a mini comic in "shonen jump- jump golden section 4" dated 18/10/1989 to explain the birth of dragon ball (that was planned until the summoning of shenron and so a retell of journy on the west).

in daizenshuu 4 he even told that he never thought about namekians and saiyan until the last, that accordling an interview in nagoya october 2015 (i had it in a special italian volume but i think it is readable on kansenshuu) was about during the climax of the 23° tournament. still no mentions to superman in any way.

then we have the manga, in the 1988 when raditz appears in the manga he told goku that he was send to conquer the earth. thats all akira thought.
    then only in 1990 toei drew the tv special about bardak and then toriyama took the climax of the film (bardak in front of freezer) in a memory of freezer.
    it wasnt until dragonball minus (2014) that akira told us goku origins.
    and here both gine and bardak know that he wasnt the only saiyan alive, they know where raditz and vegeta were.

finally all your abstractions are fundamentally what all the moses archetipe stories are.
    you have an evil that want kill a minority. one is saved by abandoning him. after the travel he is saved and raised as a native and then he become powerfull and save all.
    there are thousand of stories like this.

and im not defesive about westernblablabla. its clear in all dr slump how much akira love western movies. but he copied superman for goku? thats a joke, he only improvised all the story randomly as he did in all of his works.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    snip
    I didn't read your dumpster fire of a post, but I'm just going to reiterate that you're wrong and I'm blocking you now.

I didn't read your dumpster fire of a post, but I'm just going to reiterate that you're wrong and I'm blocking you now.
    good, use the time saved to learn how to cite something then xD

mind = blown

krillin the true savior of our beloved univeerse

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's actually closer to being right than you are. But this was an incredibly childish reaction.
    No he isn't.

The comparison with Superman in the west started when FUNimation started to dub DBZ and they literally just made Goku a shitty Americanised version of Superman. Which he ain't.
    Literally fucking what.

Either way, it's all just Chinese cartoons at the end of the day, no reason to get worked up over it.
    China isn't Japan.

This post was a contender for one of the absolute dumbest fucking things I've ever seen anyone write. Blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    mind = blown

krillin the true savior of our beloved univeerse
    Meh, nothing on Mr. Satan.

I watched a lot of DBZ as a kid, but unfortunately I watched most of it on mute. I couldn't make much of it. My sister and I watched the show in mute so as not to draw our parents attention. They'd throw a fit otherwise.

I really liked the animation though, however minimal it was. Somehow the animation reminded me of The Road Runner Show, which was another favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by logjam123 View Post
    I watched a lot of DBZ as a kid, but unfortunately I watched most of it on mute. I couldn't make much of it. My sister and I watched the show in mute so as not to draw our parents attention. They'd throw a fit otherwise.

I really liked the animation though, however minimal it was. Somehow the animation reminded me of The Road Runner Show, which was another favorite.
    I really don't know what to make of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsoman View Post
    I really don't know what to make of this post.
    just post a pic of your avi

I really don't know what to make of my childhood.

Well unless Broly is utterly annihilated in the movie, he is bound to stick around.

considering he's a fan favourite he really might join the group...
    after the whole future trunks not staying I would welcome that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Good. Good.

I'm really digging this.

First paragraph seemed cheesy as hell...

Last edited by Gray; 2018-10-15 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around the same time, could be a few years difference...