Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Action_(UK)

While these people are waaaaaaaaaaaay off the deep end of crazy, I really don't like the idea of arresting someone just because they associate with a group. I'm not going to shed a tear for these people, but I just don't like the precedent this sets.
    It's a terrorist group. They want to kill innocent people. and there's evidence to suggest they have the means and are serious about it. The only precedent that arresting them sets is that we're serious too. That we won't allow terrorists and violent extremists to gain anymore ground than they already have in this country. I'm willing to bet the only reason people take this kind of stance is because they are homegrown rather than from the middle east.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-10-11 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Oh my god... I lived with the founder once, he was in my accommodation during University, I played drinking games with the guy. The last I knew he was selling drugs.

I think I still have some pictures of him, he loved WW2 memorabilia... I'm pretty sure he had a shrine dedicated to himself in his room.

edit: yeah here's a couple dude was bonkers.
    I swear I think I've seen that second pic before.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    What terrorist acts were they involved in? Saying things that hurt your feelings?
    They don't have to be involved in a terrorist attack, when they are part of an organization that has committed terrorist attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Google literally has examples of it from Jo Cox to terrorist plots
    The guy that killed her had loose ties to National Alliance, not National Action. Two completely different groups. Can you provide any real examples, instead of constantly telling me to google it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They don't have to be involved in a terrorist attack, when they are part of an organization that has committed terrorist attacks.
    Can you provide an example of terrorist attacks the organization has committed?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The guy that killed her had loose ties to National Alliance, not National Action. Two completely different groups. Can you provide any real examples, instead of constantly telling me to google it?

Can you provide an example of terrorist attacks the organization has committed?
    Other people showed you what they have done. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Action_(UK)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    So other than being in a group....what have they done?
    Killed people. Or is that not enough to label them as terrorists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other people showed you what they have done. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Action_(UK)
    Except that they haven't given any examples. Your link also doesn't list any terrorist acts. It just talks about their members being persecuted for being members.

So I ask again: give me ONE example of this group being involved in terrorist acts.

Killed people. Or is that not enough to label them as terrorists?
    Who have they killed? Give me ONE name to prove your point.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2018-10-12 at 05:32 AM.

Can anyone ever be a part of any group with that mentality?

I honestly don't know how bad it is in the UK but it sounds like they are more guilty of being disliked by the government then any actual crime. This feels like trying to punish a criminal before a crime takes place. The weirdest part is how people preach that we have to respect things like the hijab or head wraps are now biting at the teeth for this.

This isn't a path you want to go down. Arresting people for nothing more then what seems from a outsider as political dissent won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If found guilty of being members of a banned group. or having a copy of terrorist document, The Anarchist Cookbook, which contained bomb-making instructions.
    That sounds like fascism to me.. Banning groups, documents & books

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Action_(UK)

While these people are waaaaaaaaaaaay off the deep end of crazy, I really don't like the idea of arresting someone just because they associate with a group. I'm not going to shed a tear for these people, but I just don't like the precedent this sets.
    You like white extremists but not Brown extremists?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I mean, I had a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook when I was like 13 years old. It's freely available on the internet.
    We're you also a member or a terrorist organization?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I hate white supremacist but I don't know this seems much ado about nothing.

If naming your kid was abuse and grounds to take them away, there needs an army recruited for the task. As for their ideological beliefs, most kids do NOT hold to their parents beliefs. If anything, it's more than likely his kid will grow up embracing and loving people of all colors just out of spit.

There are few things I am very very defiant about Property, Gun Ownership, and Children. I don't agree with this POS, but he and his wife made their kid, they should be able to fill their kids with as much nonsense as they like. Provided they are doing their jobs as parents and obeying the law.

The dad is a fucking nut job, and a racist *shurgs* so

As for belonging to a terrorist group that seems to be a separate issue. I am ok with arresting people for being guilty by association RICO laws in fact I think street gangs should fall under the same kind of punishments.

That said their still needs to be evidence, and proven in court of law.
    The trial is literally to prove if they are members of a banned terrorist group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    huh what makes him a terrorist?

what he has done should be considered a mental illness but terrorist? that seems like propaganda
    He's allegedly a member of a proscribed terrorist group. That is illegal in the UK.

I am, however, glad you agree members of the extreme right are mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    So we should just let a terrorist atrocity happen first before terrorists are branded terrorists?

Wtf is going on with the right and their apologist approach to the extremes of right-wing politics. National Action is an extremely dangerous terrorist group and if we can stop these people before they act on their extremism, all the better for everyone imo.
    Yes we should and I will use a example you should be able to relate to. Muslims have murdered thousands if not millions of times more people then those of nation action. Should we therefore by your own logic arrest any seen with any physical item pertaining to the Islamic faith?

These people are not being arrested for conspiracy to commit any violent crimes. At worst they have some political beliefs you find aborhorant but that really shouldn't be the line in the sand between what is and isn't a crime. You are trying to hold people to a rather absurd standard of never being a part of any group that in any perceivable way ever had a member commit violence.

I know my yogurt club that sends me coupons would fail your standard and have me branded a terrorist. That is why I don't think you have fully thought out the repercussions this kind of law could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Verkaik View Post
    Yes we should and I will use a example you should be able to relate to. Muslims have murdered thousands if not millions of times more people then those of nation action. Should we therefore by your own logic arrest any seen with any physical item pertaining to the Islamic faith?

These people are not being arrested for conspiracy to commit any violent crimes. At worst they have some political beliefs you find aborhorant but that really shouldn't be the line in the sand between what is and isn't a crime. You are trying to hold people to a rather absurd standard of never being a part of any group that in any perceivable way ever had a member commit violence.

I know my yogurt club that sends me coupons would fail your standard and have me branded a terrorist. That is why I don't think you have fully thought out the repercussions this kind of law could have.
    Don't try and use logic with that member. He is an out-of-touch soyboy.

A belief that certain races need to be exterminated is not a simple political statement, not by a long shot. To downplay that fact is quite frankly absurd.

Can anyone ever be a part of any group with that mentality?

I honestly don't know how bad it is in the UK but it sounds like they are more guilty of being disliked by the government then any actual crime. This feels like trying to punish a criminal before a crime takes place. The weirdest part is how people preach that we have to respect things like the hijab or head wraps are now biting at the teeth for this.

This isn't a path you want to go down. Arresting people for nothing more then what seems from a outsider as political dissent won't end well.
    If they are labeled a terrorist organization and that organization has committed murders and whatnot? NO. There is a reason they were the first group that was labeled a terrorist organization and added to the list of banned groups after their law was passed that made it illegal to be part of those groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CatchingFire View Post
    Don't try and use logic with that member. He is an out-of-touch soyboy.
    Says the guy that can't refute what @tollshot said. Care to try again? Or do you want to continue being wrong?

If they are labeled a terrorist organization and that organization has committed murders and whatnot? NO. There is a reason they were the first group that was labeled a terrorist organization and added to the list of banned groups after their law was passed that made it illegal to be part of those groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy that can't refute what @tollshot said. Care to try again? Or do you want to continue being wrong?
    I am arguing the dangers of such a law and questioning the way it is applied. You are correct in stating it is a law but that, while related isn't the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    So we should just let a terrorist atrocity happen first before terrorists are branded terrorists?
    A person's freedom to expression is apparently more important than a person's right to be not be killed going by some logic here.

I am arguing the dangers of such a law and questioning the way it is applied. You are correct in stating it is a law but that, while related isn't the point I was making.
    When they express that they want to kill anyone that isn't White, then yes, they are definitely deserving of being on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    A person's freedom to expression is apparently more important than a person's right to be not be killed going by some logic here.
    Is it not? How do you think we advanced beyond living as hunters and fathers without the ability to express controversial ideals? The notion that something like the novel 1984 is something to aspire to is chilling. If they were caught planning out acts of violence I would agree. That isn't the case here.

- - - Updated - - -

When they express that they want to kill anyone that isn't White, then yes, they are definitely deserving of being on that list.
    Do you have any proof whatsoever they have done so or is it simple conjecture? I trust you have the accused statements on tape or in written form then?

Is it not? How do you think we advanced beyond living as hunters and fathers without the ability to express controversial ideals? The notion that something like the novel 1984 is something to aspire to is chilling. If they were caught planning out acts of violence I would agree. That isn't the case here.
    Again, I reiterate claiming that a whole race needs to be wiped off the map is not controversial. That's a call to genocide.

Unless you're about to advocate that "Mein Kampf" was just the musings of a simple controversial man then this isn't in anyway equatable.

Do you have any proof whatsoever they have done so or is it simple conjecture? I trust you have the accused statements on tape or in written form then?
    So you want them to actually commit murders before they get labeled a terrorist organization that wants to kill everyone that isn't white?

Here is them admitting to a terror plot to kill Labour MP Rosey Cooper: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8395026.html

Here is a video of the leader of National Action being interviewed by BBC where he admits that wants no one but white people in Britain.

Is that enough? Or do you not think that is enough to have them banned as a group?

So you want them to actually commit murders before they get labeled a terrorist organization that wants to kill everyone that isn't white?

Here is them admitting to a terror plot to kill Labour MP Rosey Cooper: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8395026.html

Here is a video of the leader of National Action being interviewed by BBC where he admits that wants no one but white people in Britain.

Is that enough? Or do you not think that is enough to have them banned as a group?
    Much like islam I don't think you can actively crack down on people for simple membership in a political group. You can't simply point to national action as a whole to arrest individuals who haven't committed a crime.

In regards to labeling then a terrorist group... yes I would actually prefer it if it was something tied to what they did... Like I said I am not from the UK I assumed there had been some kind of attack. They were not really named a terrorist organization before that were they?

Guilt by simple association is not really something I think you wish to enforce.