Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, that is a different race
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's also, what, 20 years old? A kid in college or just out of it may never have seen this. I would bet less than 20% of the currently subbed base has played WC3.

I'm not talking about the quality of the game but the likelihood that current players have played it - that's what OP's argument is based on, that people are nostalgic for a particular race/class/etc
    Well if you're including all the players that played for like a month and quit forever, yeah, probably.

I'd argue that a lot (still less than half, but more than third) of players that have spent time at level cap have at least looked up information or dabbled in it. They are at least aware of its existence, you know? This is especially true for earlier expansions, obviously, and as time goes on fewer and fewer will have played it.

I kind of hope they are working on a Warcraft 3 remaster just to get people to experience its glory all over again. I miss that game.

IF they HAD to go down the route of adding more elves then yes, half elfs would be a fair compromise imo.

Saying that, they're better off making other races playable for the alliance to add flavor and more variety.

Blizz already cop a lot for the current AR's: "C'mon Blizz, LFD are just regular draenei with golden color change" or "HMT are just Tauren with antlers"
    Could you imagine the grief they would get if they just added blue eyed blood elfs when alliance recently received blue skinned blood elfs? lol. I'm sure the few high supporters would be happy but a vast majority of alliance players would be pissed (and rightfully so) that an AR slot was wasted on a THIRD thalassian elf/FIFTH elf race.

Half elfs or no elfs.... or better yet, no elfs but add sethrak pls
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    no, that is a different race
    That's where the compromise comes in. High elves are just too similar to blood elves to justify themselves, IMO. On the other hand, half-elves could really fill that niche of high elves.

Plus, there's a huge demand for elves that look strong and muscular like the human model

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well if you're including all the players that played for like a month and quit forever, yeah, probably.

I'd argue that a lot (still less than half, but more than third) of players that have spent time at level cap have at least looked up information or dabbled in it. They are at least aware of its existence, you know? This is especially true for earlier expansions, obviously, and as time goes on fewer and fewer will have played it.

I kind of hope they are working on a Warcraft 3 remaster just to get people to experience its glory all over again. I miss that game.
    haha see? the nostalgia is real

Quote Originally Posted by Farz87 View Post
    haha see? the nostalgia is real
    Do we have a fellow Warcraft 3 fan here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about people currently subbed

mmmm moving goalposts. So tasty....

We're talking about people who PLAYED WC3. Not heard of it. And we're talking NOW, not in vanilla.

Don't strain yourself with the goalposts. They're deceptively heavy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    What's the third?
    Void elves. Night elves. Blood Elves (I was speaking in the game, not just on Alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by Farz87 View Post
    I feel a lot of WoW's popularity is based on Warcraft 2/3 nostalgia, and a lot of people miss having high elf archers/priests/blood mages etc on the alliance.

People that don't like elves don't have to play them, in fact, as a horde player, I'm sure you'd love to kill them, no?
    Actually I want to add directly, too, that when I play Warcraft 3's Blood Elf campaign, while they certainly aren't a part of the Horde, they definitely aren't a part of the Alliance at that point. Just a shame that Kael'thas got the raid-fodder treatment, then the dungeon-fodder treatment on top of that, complete with the whole head turn in experience to complete it. He was one of my favorite Warcraft 3 characters.

The Blood Elf campaign is one of my favorites, and honestly, I had long since predicted that blood elves would end up joining the Alliance because of the events that transpired in that story. I didn't expect them to return to the Alliance, and hell, even then I knew the Horde needed a race to balance the factions... Writing on the wall, you know?

And people forget about Nightborne entirely.

Void elves. Night elves. Blood Elves (I was speaking in the game, not just on Alliance).
    Why are you not counting Nightborne?

Technically we have 4 playable elf races.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about people currently subbed

mmmm moving goalposts. So tasty....

We're talking about people who PLAYED WC3. Not heard of it. And we're talking NOW, not in vanilla.

Don't strain yourself with the goalposts. They're deceptively heavy.
    Moving goalposts, are you serious?

We never specified a specific quantity to begin with, so I was elaborating. And here I am 'arguing' (didn't even realize this was an argument until now, lol) with someone who thinks there are only 3 playable elf races in World of Warcraft right now. I'm done.

You have THREE elf races. WTF is it with you people that you want more?
    There's actually 4 elven races in WoW. You're forgetting the Nightborne
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

No. My opinion as a pro-high elf, the ones that are currently named blood elves.
    I'll reiterate what I've said in the past, the best possible scenario for high elves (Silver Covenant and Vereesa) is for them to be casualties of war and propel drama and narrative for the remaining characters and factions.

High Elves exist in the game on the Alliance and have since TBC. They are the Shield-mages in the Warfront. Get over it. High Elves WILL be added sooner or later whether you like it or not. Why? They are the most popular possible Allied Race by a mile. I don't even personally want them. I would much rather have Forest Trolls, Vrykul or Naga... but lets be honest folks... its all about the money now that Activision is in charge with Morhaime gone. Whether they should or shouldn't be added is irrelevant at this point. They are too popular to not happen.
    Last edited by Keihndeth; 2018-10-12 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    High Elves exist in the game on the Alliance and have since TBC. Get over it. High Elves WILL be added sooner or later whether you like it or not. Why? They are the most popular possible Allied Race by a mile. I don't even personally want them. I would much rather have Forest Trolls, Vrykul or Naga... but lets be honest folks... its all about the money now that Activision is in charge with Morhaime gone. Whether they should or shouldn't be added is irrelevant at this point. They are too popular to not happen.
    You realize this thread is about Half-Elves, not High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You realize this thread is about Half-Elves, not High Elves.
    There is 3 Half-Elf characters that are named in WoWs lore. Vereesa's 2 sons and Arator, and only Arator is in game. If people have an issue with High Elves, Half-elves should be 1k times worse. High Elf people shouldn't have to compromise just because Blood Elf fanboys don't want to share. It's preposterous. High Elves exist. It is not debatable. Also, they have more named NPCs in-game than Gnomes, Worgen, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei COMBINED.
    Last edited by Keihndeth; 2018-10-12 at 01:42 AM.

There is 3 Half-Elf characters that are named in WoWs lore. Vereesa's 2 sons and Arator, and only Arator is in game. If people have an issue with High Elves, Half-elves should be 1k times worse. High Elf people shouldn't have to compromise just because Blood Elf fanboys don't want to share. It's preposterous. High Elves exist. It is not debatable. Also, they have more named NPCs in-game than Gnomes, Worgen, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei COMBINED.
    You're confusing my post that was trying to inform you for my opinion of this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're confusing my post that was trying to inform you for my opinion of this matter.
    Oh, I got your point. Having to compromise because one side is being childish is just stupid is all... High Elves exist on the Alliance that aren't Blood Elves. Blood Elf fanboys need to get over it. 'Nuff said.

Oh, I got your point. Having to compromise because one side is being childish is just stupid is all... High Elves exist on the Alliance that aren't Blood Elves. Blood Elf fanboys need to get over it. 'Nuff said.
    Why are you quoting me to say this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you not counting Nightborne?

Technically we have 4 playable elf races.
    Uh... I Forgot them...

Moving goalposts, are you serious?

We never specified a specific quantity to begin with, so I was elaborating. And here I am 'arguing' (didn't even realize this was an argument until now, lol) with someone who thinks there are only 3 playable elf races in World of Warcraft right now. I'm done.
    And yes, moving goal posts. We started out talking about people who'd played WC3, then you brought in people who'd heard of it, etc. That's kind of the DEFINITION of moving the goalposts.

I mean some people might be ok with that but I certainly wouldn't be. I'm tired of elves and I want something else but if we were to get high elves then just make them full on high elves.