Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WOD HFC MM with 4 pc set /10char

Quote Originally Posted by IamFrostwyrm View Post
    Numbers are hardly whats at play here

The specc feels like shit, its clunky, has random AoE restrictions, had talents all over the place, and lone wolf is close to useless

If you think people dislike MM beacuse of the numbers you are disconnected with the thread
    So it feels clunky like it always does until certain levels of haste are achieved. Got it.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Reduce cast time of aimed shot, make trick shots not limited to targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So it feels clunky like it always does until certain levels of haste are achieved. Got it.
    Nice meme

Clunkyness isnt allways solved by haste. Get all the haste you want and it still flows like shit, has shit tier talents, and shit azerite, but hey atleast youre fishing for lethal procs faster xd

Make Aim shot castable while moving with a 30% movement speed debuff.

1) make LnL our mastery, and have it work with arcane shot/multishot. This way, as your mastery scales, you would have more incentive to cast arcane shot, and give us more mobility.

2)remove the charges on aimed shot. I will never understand this

3) bring back vulnerability, but change it. No rng hunters mark, instead have marked shot on a minute CD that applies vulnerable. This would help our burst a lot, and add some flavor

4) lethal shots is terrible. it makes our rotation boring as fuck

Those are the most important in my eyes. The rest of the talents could use some work as well. Explosive shot design is terrible(they could have it fire a shot on your target, click again, it explodes. Still meh but better than this shit), with this iteration of marked shot, murder of crows would be way too powerful(remove it from my, give it to bm), give us back chimaera shot with one change(if only one target, both shots will hit the main target, make it baseline), remove rapid fire baseline and make it a talent that replaces steady shot(slightly weaker, no CD, still benefits from trick shots), change barrage to buff mm(reduces cost and increases dmg of next multishot shot by 10% for 10 secs, stacks up to 5 times), give us a better cool down( though this may not be necessary with marked shot being essentially a mini cooldown), maybe bring back a stronger black arrow to replace murder of crows(8 second dot, 15 second cd, ticks every second, each tick has a chance of inflicting a nearby target with black arrow?)

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Legion MM very much, didn't like it at the beginning, but getting more used to it felt very nice and not as clunky (even though a huge factor of clunkiness in BFA is thanks to the GCD changes and missing secondary stats).

Genuine question, has anyone read or heared someone saying they like current MM? Have yet to see someone stating they like it, such a horrible spec currently.

Why do people hate having charges on Aimed Shot so much? Imo that's one of the smartest changes they've done, since it makes you able to choose when to stand still and thus make you less like a turret while still having you feel like a real archer which takes his time for the precice/hard hitting shots.
    The spec overall might not work out perfectly (proc fishing, 3 targets for Trick Shots, Explosive Shot, Trueshot on GCD) atm and the utility/survivability is lacking compared to BM, but overall I think that MM has a really nice base kit and I would play it over BM with some changes to it.
    @Topic:
    - Trickshots activating by using Multishot no matter how many targets you hit (like Beast Cleave on BM)
    - Change Explosive Shot to an on-target ability or at least fix it getting stuck on everything and maybe make it explode on enemy contact.
    - Rework Lethal shots to avoid making it worthwhile to fish for procs at max focus.
    - Make Master Marksman baseline and put in some new talent there
    - Make Volley better than Explosive Shot on sustained AoE at least
    - Take Double Tap and Trueshot away from the GCD and/or rework Trueshot completely
    - Fix the level 100 line somehow (maybe LnL baseline)
    - Shuffle talents around a bit, so you don't have to choose between Single Target and AoE talents too much. This really hurts MM compared to BM in M+ and Add fights in raids
    - Give MM the utility/survivability BM get from his pets without a pet (at least purge and some more HP)

The problem itself isnt in how spec works, most of talents are a dps loss using it against steadyspam>aimed, making the spec just a bad joke.

Tunning things like LnL proc, piercing shot doing damage, removing aoe cap, serpent sting having any interation with the kit(like proc'd arcanes refreshing it) and crows doing damage can make the spec a real spec.

Its just a joke how any talent does not bring anything to the table. And aimed charges make zero sense, why use a charge system for a resource capped class, you have a limited aimed usage per fight anyway due energy system, just toy with CD timer to set a dps limit, no need for the charge bullshit making trueshot interation counterproductive, its just insane.

Its the same way for pvp, make ranger finesse an insta aimed shot talent, buff piercing and rapidfire damage and you the old MM back, its not that hard.
    Last edited by Ragerlis; 2018-10-11 at 06:05 AM.

just roll back to legion's MM. Though i didn't like much of vulnerability thing but it was still better then current MM.
    MM was performing atleast fine , wonder what bug bite the ass of class designer to change even well working spec into a shit spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revert SV how it was in MoP and BM + MM back to how it was in WoD. Damn ... SV was so nice back then, i really miss serpent sting and the instant exploding shots.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Tuning/numbers issue.
    exactly this, MM and any other big spender focused spec was always hamstrung due to burst in PvP.
    since then they divorced damage in PvE and PvP, only to then gouge out baseline skills and passive to make the retarded PvP talent system have some meat to it rather then making new skills for it.

take soul shatter for example, blizzard certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    wonder what bug bite the ass of class designer to change even well working spec into a shit spec.
    All the crying about Vuln (mostly by people that played BM because they "didn't want to be a caster/turret/[derogatory term here]") didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    I enjoyed Legion MM very much, didn't like it at the beginning, but getting more used to it felt very nice and not as clunky (even though a huge factor of clunkiness in BFA is thanks to the GCD changes and missing secondary stats).

Genuine question, has anyone read or heared someone saying they like current MM? Have yet to see someone stating they like it, such a horrible spec currently.
    the only people that like it are in like WQ gear and still whine about vulnerable

Here's my huge idea!

Make Aimed Shot a "charge up" type ability. Or a pressure switch, if you will. The longer you hold down Aimed Shot, the more power it packs. This means Aimed Show will deal more damage the longer we are able to charge it up! This means Aimed Shot could be a low-to-moderate damage instant cast, or a VERY powerful LONG cast. The maximum ramp up time would be 5 seconds and would deal a very large amount of damage. MM Hunters would have to make a decision on when to use Aimed Shot around the amount of movement and to avoid capping at 2 charges. Aimed Shot would continue to bounce to targets via the Trick Shots mechanic.

Serpent Sting is baseline and would be a beneficial multi-dot ability. Should be maintained at all times.

I would return to having Aimed Shot buff Arcane Shot OR Multi-Shot, depending if we are focusing single target or AoE.

Keep Rapid Fire as is.

Tranquilizing Shot returns as a dispel enrage effect.

Hunter's Mark - baseline - turns into a McCree type ability, where all recently damaged foes are marked for death, giving Aimed Shot a 100% critical strike effect.

I'd fire everyone who's responsible for letting this happen:

https://gyazo.com/6807b7e8e8bfc75854410e57abce52e1

After that I'd hire a bunch of stray cats who would easily be able to do a better job than the people who 'work' at Blizzard class design team.

I've been really enjoying MM in BfA. It's one of the few specs that's grabbed my attention this expansion. I love the switch to charges on Aimed Shot and the various talents that can buff it, since it allows us to pump way more damage into the skill and make it feel incredibly powerful when it goes off. Lining up that first aimed shot on a mob and sometimes blowing off a huge chunk of their HP is one of the cooler and more unique things I've found any spec is able to do in this expansion, and it nails the sniper fantasy super hard.

There could be a few tweaks to some boring talents, but other than that I think the core of the spec is incredibly solid. It's my favourite iteration of MM in a long time, possibly ever. Generally speaking Hunters feel like one of the stronger classes design-wise right now.

Unless they make MM significantly better than BM with simple number tuning, it won't see play.

The biggest issues lie in the talents, for both specs. Most of BM's talents are literally dead picks, thus we have a build that works for ST and AoE. Meanwhile MM has really uninteresting talents(Hunter's mark and Serpent Sting come to mind immediately) and has to make a choice between ST and AoE.

Simulations do not reflect the real issue, which is that when you need AoE damage for an encounter, you have to sacrifice ST damage. Encounters are usually a mix of ST and AoE, so BM always performs at its peak, while MM might only be good during AoE sections if AoE talents are chosen.

Also Azerite traits play a role here. BM's best trait is best for AoE and ST, meanwhile MM again has to choose.

On top of pure DPS numbers, BM has much better utility through Spirit Beast heal doing between 60-70k per use on a dying raid member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere you look at MM there's problems. I'd prefer a revert to WoD or wrath.

Really liked MM's mastery in WoD. Made you think ahead. Also we had chim shot and kill shot back then. I miss those buttons.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-10-12 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly,

they *need* to increase the % chance of every single talent MM has.
    I tested how often I need to cast SS sometimes and I had bad RNG rolls so often in multiple M+ runs, it's hard to believe that Lethal Shot supposedly has a 25% chance to proc.

AiS cast time has to be back to ~2s again too. Can't mention how often I had to cancel a 50% cast for a vulcano or trash-aoe effect. And trash in BFA has way more AoE and spells in general than Legion throughout all dungeons.

Sure, if I just started casting it, I don't mind having to move. But seriously, which DD has to cancel a cast that's already 50% through and is paramount to how the spec deals damage in both ST and AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-10-12 at 05:15 AM.