Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Kaldorei reunited

Some interesting faces show up in the new Darkshore Warfront.

Notably, Thisalee Crow and Jarod freaking Shadowsong. 14:30 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bJcdxo2-AI

Seems the Cenario Circle (or at least the night elf portion of it) have finally reacted to the genocide of their people.

This makes me really happy, to see the Kaldorei as a unified force, fighting with many of their greatest champions at the helm.

Especially Jarod, he is a very big name to me and it feels good to see him helping the Alliance.

Interesting, after all the lectures we got about druids being neutral and above "petty conflicts" and similar bloviating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Interesting, after all the lectures we got about druids being neutral and above "petty conflicts" and similar bloviating.
    well to be fair, the horde druids learnt druidism from the night elves (afaik - not ENTIRELY sure with the tauren, but i feel like them too). To have the horde, and even some of the members of the druids of the horde take part in the genocide, my personal first reaction is that all horde druids should be removed from the dreamgrove and never allowed back in. It would make sense for the night elven portion to step away and stand against those who wont stand against Sylvanas.

Barring another retcon of which I'm not aware, Cenarius taught Malfurion and by extension the NElves, who turned around and taught the Tauren.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    well to be fair, the horde druids learnt druidism from the night elves (afaik - not ENTIRELY sure with the tauren, but i feel like them too). To have the horde, and even some of the members of the druids of the horde take part in the genocide, my personal first reaction is that all horde druids should be removed from the dreamgrove and never allowed back in. It would make sense for the night elven portion to step away and stand against those who wont stand against Sylvanas.
    The Horde’s druids were in Silithus when this all went down, because there is no way they would get behind the idea of bombing a forest to scare wisps, etc. If anything, the entire Cenarion Circle should be against the Horde right now.

Troll druids are actually loa-priests. Notice that the Zandalari have druids, and never learned squat from the Cenarion Circle. Totally different lore for the same set of game mechanics.

The -Mulgore- Tauren learned druidism from the Cenarion Circle in the aftermath of the 3rd War, but much like membership in the Ebon Blade or Order of the Silver hand, being part of the Cenarion Circle doesn't make you NOT part of your respective faction.

It just means that when you're on Circle grounds you leave your outside conflicts at the door, so to speak. When you step back out into the World, all bets are off.

Malfurion always clung to the "but muh neutrality", but that's not because the Circle itself demands that you be neutral. That was Malfurions choice. Fandral, for instance, was a Druid of Circle, and a high ranking one, but he was always a Night Elf champion outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The Horde’s druids were in Silithus when this all went down, because there is no way they would get behind the idea of bombing a forest to scare wisps, etc. If anything, the entire Cenarion Circle should be against the Horde right now.
    Oh i mean im aware that it was orchestrated so that Hamuul and the horde druids were sent to silithus. I don't recall seeing any druids in Darkshore when i did the quests however i've seen people insist some were there.

That being said, at this stage there is no way that they don't know what has happened, and yet, at this stage, they still are among the horde ranks. IF they were neutral as they have claimed to be, for the betterment of the world, then their reaction would be to either refuse to serve the horde in any capacity whilst Sylvanas wages this pointless war, or to actively turn against her due to her orders harming the world itself.

Barring another retcon of which I'm not aware, Cenarius taught Malfurion and by extension the NElves, who turned around and taught the Tauren.
    Malfurion taught Hamuul who taught the Tauren. I don't think both races as a whole had a period of perfect harmony with eachother.

I am definitely hyped to see the night elves unite under one banner again after being split among so many neutral NPCs for so long. These guys once constituted their own faction, and seeing them all together helps remind us of that.

Not sure how I feel letting the Illidan-crazy warden out of her cage though. Unless we can get her to hunt Sylvanas across the world 1v1 for 3 expansions, in which case let's do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can take Eldre'thalas back for all I care...
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    They can take Eldre'thalas back for all I care...
    Would be nice if they actually went back to harnessing magic for personal uses along with that. The Shen'Dralar rejoined them already; shouldn't be too hard to retake a city technically cleared out of occupants as it is.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

tbh as shit as the writing is for night elves i figured a kalimdor warfront would be humans fighting orcs so blizzard have in this instance exceeded my extremely low expectations

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah they only be truly reunited when sylvanas liberates them from the mortal coil and allow them to joined the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Let's just imagine that that all the ancients, Cenarius, allies of nature, even dragons, all of them join the night elves. What is the point when blizzard writes the story that they are weak and at stalemate with sylvanas boyfriend.

What a shame when a night elf fan says "I am hyped". It is like getting constantly punched and spitted on by someone and then when he gives you a candy you cheer up "yay!"
    for it. I can really understand now what Einstein meant: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    i think you mean "danuser writes".
    *gags violently*

why do jokes keep coming real recently? anyone else remember when it was a joke that sylvanas fans were thirsty cultists?

It makes sense since they did attack Malfurion.

I wonder what the Cenarion Circle tauren are going to do about this, though. Hamuul Runetotem might feel pretty awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    druids being neutral and above "petty conflicts"
    A psychopath committing genocide, raising the slain into undeath, and using the plague (which is extremely destructive to the environment) is far beyond a petty conflict. She needs to be stopped for the sake of the world, and they know it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Would be nice if they actually went back to harnessing magic for personal uses along with that. The Shen'Dralar rejoined them already; shouldn't be too hard to retake a city technically cleared out of occupants as it is.
    With the Legion defeated and Sargeras imprisoned, why not? The only reason magic was ever shunned in Night Elf society is due to their history, when careless magic use attracted the Legion in the War of the Ancients.

With that consequence gone there is no reason to not use magic.

But I don't see it happening honestly. It would make them too similar to the Nightborne. Can't blur the races too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    With the Legion defeated and Sargeras imprisoned, why not? The only reason magic was ever shunned in Night Elf society is due to their history, when careless magic use attracted the Legion in the War of the Ancients.

With that consequence gone there is no reason to not use magic.

But I don't see it happening honestly. It would make them too similar to the Nightborne. Can't blur the races too much.
    Honestly, I'd see it rather they use it in line with how the Kaldorei empire utilized it, but with druidic ties with its utilization, similar how they do it now, but not restricting the arcane energy used to just moonwells. Be able to use leylines again and build structures with it (IIRC a one-off line in Suramar mentioned that they used leylines to build structures and that's why the Night Elf Empire grew so rapidly, due to being able to build structures with pure arcane energy).

Eldre'Thalas is the perfect spot not only for being a portent historical city of magical knowledge, but also being in the depths of a wild jungle, while also being the home base of the Sentinel Army. its only access being a flooded causeway via thousand needles, an easily guarded chokepoint to desolace to the north, and the western coastline, already guarded by the Sentinel base.

Keep portals going and it would be an easy spot for the Alliance to keep a forward base on Kalimdor
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Malfurion taught Hamuul who taught the Tauren. I don't think both races as a whole had a period of perfect harmony with eachother.
    I never said they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    A psychopath committing genocide, raising the slain into undeath, and using the plague (which is extremely destructive to the environment) is far beyond a petty conflict. She needs to be stopped for the sake of the world, and they know it.
    Read again, I said others were previously telling us the druids wouldn't get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read again, I said others were previously telling us the druids wouldn't get involved.

Read again? Provide clear information, you made that sound as if you were saying the druids in lore said they were above petty conflicts, not players.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.