Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    you should visit gen-OT.
    whole board needs nuked from orbit.
    I don't really care about the "inhumane" implications in a ficitional story, I care about the utterly lacking application of logic, when even quoting and bolding the relevant part yourself. I'm appalled by the lack of intelligence.

Don't apply critical thinking to the lore just accept it at face value and say "o neat" or your gonna be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Well, he is the prophet, so if Blizzard writers are as good a one as I am, I would say that he did all this knowing the outcome would be what it has been. He would see Rastakhan removed and the Zandalari join the Horde, ensuring the trolls as a race would survive. If you notice, when doing quests many of his own servants say "Dis is not what Zul promised me" or "Zul did not say it would end like dis." I think he has ensured everything worked out this way, including leading the most foolish, gullible trolls to Pandaria to be slaughtered. He knew all along what he was doing and in reality- he played G'huun. At least, that's how I would write it. A troll trolling.
    But doesn't even Zul say "this is not the future I was promised" or something, when he dies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Him not being a "real" old god doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly powerful... He single handedly corrupted the entire facility and watchers made specifically to contain and research him, he wasn't some pushover.
    Yeah but the question is, can he whisper to people like the other Old Gods can?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    For the same reason any psychotic prophets does anything crazy. He's out of his damn mind. Too much ju ju!
    That's my point. I don't think he is out of his mind. Seeing him in the Stormwind scenario and in the first quests in Zuldazar, he seems to be a rather calm and sharp individual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill give you a better question OP: Why are UD following G'Huun? Lore wise speaking UD are immune to old/void Gods corruption which was the hole point of LK's plan against Old Gods.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Yeah but the question is, can he whisper to people like the other Old Gods can?
    M+10 certainly implies it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    M+10 certainly implies it.
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    Mythic +10 affixe is 'spawn of G"huun' and sometime G'huun whispers in your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Mythic +10 affixe is 'spawn of G"huun' and sometime G'huun whispers in your ears.
    Ah ok, that's interesting.

Because people with the title 'prophet' are actually just crazy lunatics - in WoW and RL.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

It was just some weirdo worm in a rotting prison. Zul says something like "Blood is our path now, the path of G'huun". Was G'huun whispering to him like other Old Gods? But he was just some experiment by the Titans, not even a "real" Old God. Why did people want to follow G'huun? Zul wasn't an idiot. He was pretty smart. At least up to some point. He was a prophet. He would plan things through very thoroughly. Like he said, planning even for the future outcomes he did not foresee. We saw that when he espaced from Stormwind, setting fire to the city as they escaped. in anticipation of the confrontation with Jaina, so they could get away. We saw that in the first few quests in Zuldazar. And then he followed this worm? What was he thinking?
    There was a fire in stormwind?

Deleted
    What I don't understand, he was telling Rastakhan the whole Zandalar will sink and Rastakhan told him to back the fuck off.

Then 1/3 of Zandalar sank and Rastakhan and the whole empire LAUGHED at Zul for being a naive retard.

I mean, if I was telling you the whole US will sink and then just Texas sunk, would people till call me an idiot?

At this point, Zul was probly siding with Ghun just to spite the stupid idiots in Zuldazar.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There was a fire in stormwind?
    Zul sets fire to the city when you free him as Horde from the Stockades in the intro experience. As you are making your way through the city, he lays fires here and there and when you reach the harbor, there's Jaina waiting for you.

You think now it's over, but Zul just goes "you can stop us, but can you afford that, with what's happening to the city right now? a frost mage like you could be of use".

And people compliment him on how they don't want Zul as their enemy.

He was just brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    something something POWER something PROMISED something NOT THE FUTURE I SAW something.
    Pretty much.

The usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I would hope there were a lot more than 24,000 people there, or the Night Elf race might be on the verge of utter extinction.

You might one day wake up and realize that the size and scope of things in-game are truncated and not representative of actual numbers.

If you do the Mag'har quest line, you see about ~50 Mag'har. But you are told that you basically got ALL of them that weren't Grom and Lantressor. So, hundreds, if not thousands. A wide enough reach/scope that Panthara and a few of the other races from Alt-Draenor also made it through, including some Botani.

Its clearly intimated that while Teldrasil was destroyed, most of the civilian population made it out, similarly to how the Ginleans made it out of Gilneas. There are just a few dozen Gilneans hanging around - if so, then Genn would be at the height of fucking hubris to call himself a King.

And beyond that, the Night Elves have substantial holdings elswhere in Kalimdor. Their entire race was not focused in/on Teldrasil.

Again, Atrocity/Violation of the "rules of war" between civilized nations? Sure.

Genocide? Not even close.
    Thats like... Not correct at all. Sure, we can discuss numbers but not ratios. If we managed to get 5 out of 100 out of the fire that is 5%, even if the real factor is something like 100 and real numbers would be that we saved 500 of 10000.
    There is no indication that your assumption that most of the civilians survived is true. For all we know the vast majority is dead and night elves are currently indeed on the verge of extinction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats like... Not correct at all. Sure, we can discuss numbers but not ratios. If we managed to get 5 out of 100 out of the fire that is 5%, even if the real factor is something like 100 and real numbers would be that we saved 500 of 10000.
    There is no indication that your assumption that most of the civilians survived is true. For all we know the vast majority is dead and night elves are currently indeed on the verge of extinction.
    I think the problem lies with the short story a bit. They had portals open for days and got lots and lots of people out through there. Even if you have only one portal open the whole time and people can only pass it one by one, let's say one every 10 seconds that would make 8640 people a day. And they had support from everywhere in the world, making portals, holding them open by taking turns. For days.
    I mean, Teldrassil held the bulk of the Nightelves' civilian population since its cleansing at least (shortly before Cata), it had one big city and several smaller ones plus a few settlements. Plus the bulk of the Gilnean population and several ancients and some other beings.
    But do we really think there were more than .. say.. 50k people to be evacuated from there? Which would still make for some losses, but if we count 8640 beings in one day and they had several days, sometimes even with more than one portal open... I don't know.

But then the story says, it was a genocide, which would mean the majority died.

The story is kind of borked, which they could have avoided by simply saying the portals weren't working as intended, because of the rifts in the world and thus the leylines acting up, but... they didn't.
    It's simply a mess right now. Maybe they'll clear it up at some point, but I'm not very hopeful about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    since almost the entire population of Teldrasil survived, its not a Genocide. Genocide is what happens when your race is wiped out (or nearly so). Night elves also have sizable portions of their population living in other places, too, so it wasn't even close to an attempted Genocide.

Atrocity? Sure, ill grant you that. But not a genocide.
    ok so attempted genocide, i'm pretty sure that the fact that they did survive wasn't due to lack of effort from our 'morally grey' queen
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Lore wise speaking UD are immune to old/void Gods corruption which was the hole point of LK's plan against Old Gods.
    No, they aren't... The only reason the Scourge are immune is because they are already being mind controlled by the Lich King. Something with no free will cannot be driven mad, and the Lich King himself was too powerful to be corrupted.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Well, he is the prophet, so if Blizzard writers are as good a one as I am, I would say that he did all this knowing the outcome would be what it has been. He would see Rastakhan removed and the Zandalari join the Horde, ensuring the trolls as a race would survive. If you notice, when doing quests many of his own servants say "Dis is not what Zul promised me" or "Zul did not say it would end like dis." I think he has ensured everything worked out this way, including leading the most foolish, gullible trolls to Pandaria to be slaughtered. He knew all along what he was doing and in reality- he played G'huun. At least, that's how I would write it. A troll trolling.
    I would have agree if it wasn't for his last quote before dying in the raid when he said "Zul yells: Wait... Dis was not the future I was promised..."