Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Missing the entire point? Those xmogs will only be available on the bfa servers to use since only them will have the xmog npc.

So, since u don't care about what goes on in the bfa servers why do you even care about this issue since it won't effect u in any way?
    Read the thread you started. Multiple people explained.

It's classic, not vanilla, lets not pretend it will be same experience
    If Blizzard wants it to be successful it will.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Stay in BFA. Transmog doesn't exist in classic and you will get no rewards/unlocks for playing in classic.
    Classic is not made for you and your kind is not welcome in classic.
    So get out and stay out
    Oh, we have today's would-be gatekeeper as well. Check.

Eh, I really hope you can't unlock transmog gear for your BfA account on your Classic account.

It would force collectors playing regular WoW, to play Classic WoW to obtain those rare unattainable transmogs.

Should there really be incentives in real WoW to play classic WoW? I don't think so.
    It would be in Blizzard's interest to do this, of course. It would give people that don't like Classic enough to actually play it for its own sake, to play it anyway.

As for me, I kind of hate that. Let Classic WoW stand or stumble on its own merits. Don't draw people into it with rewards in other games.
    I mean sure. A cross-promotion. Or something small like a Feat of Strength to show you leveled to 60 the old way could be fun. But tying in a whole content structure of the existing game, onto the actions of Classic WoW I feel would be bad.

Stay in BFA. Transmog doesn't exist in classic and you will get no rewards/unlocks for playing in classic.
    So get out and stay out
    I'm just going to stop you right there. It's not -your- game it's everyone's game.

Retail players are most likely going to "try" classic even if they are just curious. It isn't a private game for "classic" fans.

We all have access to it. We can all play it and no one can stop anyone else from playing it.

The classic community seems to be all about "your rep matters, don't be toxic..etc" yet that's all I see from this crowd. Double standard much?

If this is how the "classic" community treats fellow fans of the the franchise in general-you're doomed before this server type even gets off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    I'm just going to stop you right there. It's not -your- game it's everyone's game.

Retail players are most likely going to "try" classic even if they are just curious. It isn't a private game for "classic" fans.

We all have access to it. We can all play it and no one can stop anyone else from playing it.

The classic community seems to be all about "your rep matters, don't be toxic..etc" yet that's all I see from this crowd. Double standard much?

If this is how the "classic" community treats fellow fans of the the franchise in general-you're doomed before this server type even gets off the ground.
    It's the other way around. You come in to the game you didnt want existed and ask for changes that already ruined retail for us before. That's toxic.

I dont have a problem that like vanilla for what it is, but if you want it changed to suit you, if you want it changed so it resembles retail more then I'm sorry, it's not a game for you.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2018-10-12 at 03:38 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's the other way around. You come in to the game you didnt want existed and ask for changes that already ruined retail for us before. That's toxic.

I dont have a problem that like vanilla for what it is, but if you want it changed to suit you, if you want it changed so it resembles retail more then I'm sorry, it's not a game for you.
    How is classic changed when the feature is hidden and only available for use in bfa? Put on your thinking hat pal..

You can't see it, you don't know it's there, but sure as fuck it ruins your day! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post

Yes, everyone can join and play the game, and get the 10 items that are no longer available in current WoW like the corrupted Ashbringer or Benediction or the Hunter Bow or whatever. To use them and show them off in Classic WoW.

Deleted
    How is classic changed when the feature is hidden and only available for use in bfa? Put on your thinking hat pal..

You can't see it, you don't know it's there, but sure as fuck it ruins your day! ^^
    It doesnt matter. People what will want build classic transom are minority. They are not worth the risk ruining classic. And i totaly dont see people spending months and years collecting t3 gear. Specialy not those who like modern wow. 40 man people, 2 drops per boss. Inlcude leveling, attuments, gearing. Thats lot of work and time for just couple of transmog items. Nobady will play classic for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It doesnt matter. People what will want build classic transom are minority. They are not worth the risk ruining classic. And i totaly dont see people spending months and years collecting t3 gear. Specialy not those who like modern wow. 40 man people, 2 drops per boss. Inlcude leveling, attuments, gearing. Thats lot of work and time for just couple of transmog items. Nobady will play classic for transmog.
    So there's no harm in adding the feature, then.

I think part of the problem is that all the hardcore "Classic is just for US" players are assuming that this would have a massive negative impact suddenly on their gameplay.

The majority of things that are currently unavailable which would be acceptable for Transmogrification purposes are Tier 3 sets from Naxxramas. If you have a player that is so dedicated to their BfA transmog that they're willing to spend the months of leveling, grinding, gearing, and learning to complete Naxx40 then that isn't a detriment to your community. That's a player who has dedicated more time than half the window lickers who were half AFK for the raids back then did and was competent enough to participate in one of the most difficult raids Blizzard ever designed (not due to mechanics, but massive overtuning).

I'd much rather see a Classic server populated by competent players who quit after completing the entirety of Naxxramas to finish their transmog sets than have a community where there are just a couple of guilds farming the content but becoming resentful because there's nothing to retain players after clearing the last raid content in a re-release of a game that is expecting zero new content. If they've been a part of your guild and raid long enough to complete the 8 transmoggable pieces of the Tier 3 set or get a Corrupted Ashbringer, Atiesh, whatever...then they're not just there for the transmog. And if they literally were only just there for the transmog even after all that work, they still contributed to your progression long enough to complete all the content the game will have to offer, which means technically they've finished the game and there's not really a reason to continue other than to keep farming the same old content over and over with no potential reward. I feel a lot of Classic players will quit once they complete Naxxramas as that will be the pinnacle of their time on Classic; the PvE content has then ended with nowhere else to go other than to farm it or try and post higher damage/healing numbers for some sort of record as I'm sure combat logging will be used to track things like that in current times.

While I doubt the feature will be implemented, especially for something like mounts which were clickable items back then, it seems that people are against BfA players coming into their Classic servers and ruining their special experience because the retail players simply want to obtain some things that are no longer obtainable. The Classic crowd is eating themselves alive and driving away their potential playerbase rapidly with their rabid remarks and toxic community all while preaching that the game was all about the sense of community back then. It was about the community back then, because back then people helped each other and enjoyed each other's company even if their goals weren't always the same. Any person or guild that acted the way most of the rabid fanboys of private servers do here was shunned back then for being such an asshole and if they're what the Classic community is going to look like when the servers release they're not likely to have much of a community for very long. That would be unfortunate because while I'm not particularly interested in hardcore raiding on Classic servers like I used to it would be a shame to see the nice players suffer with low player numbers because of the people who are all being assholes.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2018-10-12 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Because Classic WoW was a game instead of collection clusterfuck. Either play for the game or sod off.
    I agree that it should be unlock-able, it will draw in more people like me who played vanilla and played on private server recently and never had the chance to get some stuff that they removed, I am really good at all versions of WoW so there is also no excuse saying it will bring into too many noobs and what not.

I'll be glad when Blizzcon comes and they announce whether they'll do it or not so we can finally let these threads die.

I'm not sure why they would do it, since it could only hurt more than help and it seems to go against the current WoW team's design philosophy, but I guess there's always the possibility.

This should never happen. This topic keeps coming back because people just want to use classic as a chance to gain discounted/removed stuff more easily.

People shouldn't be forced to play Classic, and those who want to play it because they just want to play it should not have to deal with morons just playing for mogs and collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I'll be glad when Blizzcon comes and they announce whether they'll do it or not so we can finally let these threads die.

I'm not sure why they would do it, since it could only hurt more than help and it seems to go against the current WoW team's design philosophy, but I guess there's always the possibility.
    Also with the exception of like 5 items everything is still available through the Black Market AH (ZG Mounts, T3 Set,...)

I have a better idea.

Since the Retailers say all they want is the xmogs they can't get, Blizzard should introduce all these into the live game with quests or dungeon quests.

It's a win-win.

Retailers get to play with xmogs that were around since before they were born (and they never get to play a game they claim is inferior and they hate), and Blizzard gets to keep them on the Live Servers playing their "superior product", leaving the nostalgic rose-tinted glasses to yours not truly and his buddies.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So there's no harm in adding the feature, then.
    Sorry mate. Majority of players want classic way it was without any hidden systems. Stick to your retail. You are minority now and classic will not cutter to you.

So get out and stay out
    Exhibit A of how god awful and toxic Classic WoW gatekeepers are, holy shit.
    I can't wait for classic WoW to come out so this part of the community can go play it and stop bothering everyone else.

But that being said I don't really think OP's idea is a good one at all. At most, maybe the AQ event could be a bnet wide thing since it's a big deal but I don't personally think it'd be cool to take away the prestige people earned back then. The stuff that's gone should stay gone, and that's coming from someone who farmed the crap out of the ZG tiger and raptor and never got either.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    This shoudn't happen, b/c we don't want angry retailers who hate and disdain Classic playing Classic "TO GET MAI MOG". It is a bad idea anyway to force people to play a game they hate just to "GET THEIR MOOOOGGGGGGG".

Besides, Blizzard wouldn't want this to happen either, b/c they want the average retailer to actually play Retail Modern Version (forgot what they call the latest expansion) so he can be a potential customer who will buy p0kemon from the game shop, buy various prestige items from the shop, buy boosts, server "xfers" and w/e else Blizzard is selling them (not exactly sure never bothered to visit). If you take this Retailer and you force them to play Classic for any reason, then you have someone who is not only NOT playing your "superior product" but i9s also less likely to buy the various "services" you are selling them via ingame shop.

Lastly, a crowd of toxic Retailers being forced to play a game they do not like, will only create problems within the Veteran Player community in-game, which we don't need, not to mention the sea of tears and NERF CRIES that will flood the forums b/c the Retail crowd is used to playing a severely nerfed and dumbed down version of the game compared to Classic.
    I’m glad I bothered to scan through the thread before stating my opinion. That’s exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Sorry mate. Majority of players want classic way it was without any hidden systems. Stick to your retail. You are minority now and classic will not cutter to you.
    Aw, so you cute that you guys still think you get to say who can play Classic. I'll believe you about majority of players when you can prove it.

None of those vendors were in classic so be hard sell.