New WW PvP Talents on PTR

Saw this on a thread over on the official forums so I hopped in to take some screenshots and make sure I wasn't being bamboozled.

Currently, WW Monk has some changes to it's PvP talents, but I'll start with the two smallest ones:

Grapple Weapon cooldown is reduced to 45 seconds.

Ride the Wind no longer increases the cooldown of Flying Serpent Kick.

Now here's where things get interesting:

Reverse Harm (replaces Control the Mists) - Replaces Vivify, heals for 8% max hp and deals 100% of healed damage to a nearby enemy (5 yds), costs 40 energy, generates 1 Chi. Can be used on allies (10 yd).

Turbo Fists - Fists of Fury now deals full damage to all targets hit, reduces target movespeed by 90%, and all attacks are parried while channeling.

Wind Waker - When you or allies with your Windwalking passive are snared, the snare is removed and target is immune to snares for 4 sec. Cannot proc more than once every 30 seconds per target.

Alpha Tiger - Attacking new targets with Tiger Palm grants 30% haste for 8 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds per target.

Pressure Points - Touch of Death also applies a 4 second 50% healing reduction to the target. If the target dies from ToD or with ToD active, the cooldown is reset.

I'm glad they've noticed that WW PvP talents are incredibly dull and uninspired. MW isn't that far behind.

Those actually sound pretty darn good

Except alpha ������, when are Blizzard going to realise how crap haste is for WW's current design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knotwrite View Post
    Saw this on a thread over on the official forums so I hopped in to take some screenshots and make sure I wasn't being bamboozled.

Currently, WW Monk has some changes to it's PvP talents, but I'll start with the two smallest ones:

Grapple Weapon cooldown is reduced to 45 seconds.

Ride the Wind no longer increases the cooldown of Flying Serpent Kick.

Now here's where things get interesting:

Reverse Harm (replaces Control the Mists) - Replaces Vivify, heals for 8% max hp and deals 100% of healed damage to a nearby enemy (5 yds), costs 40 energy, generates 1 Chi. Can be used on allies (10 yd).

Turbo Fists - Fists of Fury now deals full damage to all targets hit, reduces target movespeed by 90%, and all attacks are parried while channeling.

Wind Waker - When you or allies with your Windwalking passive are snared, the snare is removed and target is immune to snares for 4 sec. Cannot proc more than once every 30 seconds per target.

Alpha Tiger - Attacking new targets with Tiger Palm grants 30% haste for 8 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds per target.

Pressure Points - Touch of Death also applies a 4 second 50% healing reduction to the target. If the target dies from ToD or with ToD active, the cooldown is reset.
    Yeah, I'd want to see the actual official changes as some of those look way too good to be true.

Reverse Harm is just way too OP if it doesn't have a CD. 8% heal and 8% damage that you can spam (as long as you have energy) is a bit too good. It's 12k heal and 12k damage you can just keep using while generating Chi... Nah.

Also, some of those names seem like a Jr High thought them up, Turbo Fists and Alpha Tiger... No.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Yeah, I'd want to see the actual official changes as some of those look way too good to be true.

Reverse Harm is just way too OP if it doesn't have a CD. 8% heal and 8% damage that you can spam (as long as you have energy) is a bit too good. It's 12k heal and 12k damage you can just keep using while generating Chi... Nah.

Also, some of those names seem like a Jr High thought them up, Turbo Fists and Alpha Tiger... No.
    Or you can log the PTR before you dismiss these as false. They are real.

A bit weird, but atleast changes are coming.

Reverse Harm can crit doing double but since nobody plays ptr I can't find any queues or duels to try anything. Only vs dummies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Or you can log the PTR before you dismiss these as false. They are real.

A bit weird, but atleast changes are coming.

Reverse Harm can crit doing double but since nobody plays ptr I can't find any queues or duels to try anything. Only vs dummies.
    Nobody plays PTR because it's a file the size of the actual game. I'm not DLing 70gigs just to play PTR.

There's no mention of it on MMO champ or wowhead, so when I see it on here, I'll believe it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-10-12 at 07:23 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    if reverse harm not gonna change then you can play with a tank doing insane dps to nearest enemy. Use expel harm on tank friend doing 20-30k dmg per reverse harm xD

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody plays PTR because it's a file the size of the actual game. I'm not DLing 70gigs just to play PTR.
    You don't HAVE to download more than 10 gb or something. It copies the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    if reverse harm not gonna change then you can play with a tank doing insane dps to nearest enemy. Use expel harm on tank friend doing 20-30k dmg per reverse harm xD

- - - Updated - - -

You don't HAVE to download more than 10 gb or something. It copies the live game.
    From what I can tell by reading it, it does damage to the amount healed, so the tank friend will actually have to take damage for it to reflect it back to the enemy. It gives the enemy even more reason to just ignore tank and kill you.

Deleted
    From what I can tell by reading it, it does damage to the amount healed, so the tank friend will actually have to take damage for it to reflect it back to the enemy. It gives the enemy even more reason to just ignore tank and kill you.
    That's probably true, I just hope it's good enough to make the ww a bad kill target. It's been hell so far in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

And try installing the ptr... it literally copies the game folder.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably true, I just hope it's good enough to make the ww a bad kill target. It's been hell so far in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

And try installing the ptr... it literally copies the game folder.
    I don't have time to play PTR, I'll just wait for it to come out on mmo champs or something. Hopefully it'll be out by tonight if its legit.

Deleted
    I don't have time to play PTR, I'll just wait for it to come out on mmo champs or something. Hopefully it'll be out by tonight if its legit.
    Just saying you don't have to download 70 gb to try stuff out, and see if it's real or not. Takes less time than staring at mmo champion. It's been out for several days already so I wouldn't expect anything here in a while. And I'm going to try right now to see exactly how reverse harm works.

Reverse Harm sounds really good. However, I don't think that it's really that OP (at first I thought it was too) since it generates only 1 chi for 40 Energy and it will only reliably hit the right target in a 1v1 scenario. As for the healing, nothing really changes

But yeah, all these changes do sound very promising, except for Alpha Tiger.

Deleted
    Pressure Points gonna be fun for leveling.

auto-freedom + Ride the Wind's freedom trail + Ride the Wind cd buffed + Ride the Wind now also dispels snares on you... king of 3s cleave inc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I don't know which one to get, Wind Waker gives your group a free snare dispel every 30s but now the Ride the Wind got buffed to remove your snare AND give your mates 30% speed and immunity to snares AAANND it no longer increases its CD.

Guessing Wind Waker will be better for non-DK groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    auto-freedom + Ride the Wind's freedom trail + Ride the Wind cd buffed + Ride the Wind now also dispels snares on you... king of 3s cleave inc?
    I wouldn't get both of those unless your team has a bunch of DKs. I still think one of those is good. Reverse Harm is pretty good and I'd probably take it in all situations. Turbo Fists is EXCELLENT for pretty much any melee comp you're going up against, even caster comp it's still good since it makes FoF do more damage and still snares them by 90% for 4s (unless it's a Mage that can Blink away) Pressure Point is pretty good if you want to go mongo.

Alpha Tiger is pretty meh.

looks really great, lets hope they all make it to live!

Touch of Death's base damage reduced by 30% and Touch of Karma changed to: Absorbs all damage taken for 10 sec, up to 50% of your maximum health, and redirects 75% of that amount to the enemy target as Nature damage over 6 sec.

So it just lasts longer now but transfers 25% less damage, I think? And RJW changed back to Legion version? RIP snapshotting mastery procs :V
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-10-24 at 12:50 AM.

Pressure point for open world stuff with warmode on is going to be god tier.

I don't know if it would be godmode. After all it is only dealing 10% of a targets life. In a lot of cases that's going to be like a BOK. I do wonder about other restrictions though like on world bosses. If it functions like the original touch of death it will have a max damage capped to equal your maximum hp. In its original form I could see how it would be very powerful but in its current it is pretty average.

I actually think it is pretty poor that the best Blizzard could come up with is a pvp talent that changes an existing ability to its WoD incarnation.

It doesn't seem it was posted in this thread but pressure point was changed to make ToD instantly kill a target that is at 10% health. In pvp terms that is how ToD worked in MoP and WoD.

In PVE terms WoD made ToD usable when a target reached 10% hp or when target hp was equal or less than your Max hp, dealing damage equivalent to your Max hp. MoP functioned the same in PVE if you removed the 10% hp execute rule.

And that's the life of ToD, from execute CD to dps CD in Legion.