Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Feeling forced to reroll for pushing m+

If you compare warriors on RIO (I'm comparing Arms here, I doubt Fury is much different) you really get a sense we're not wanted. On my realm, one of the largest in the EU, the highest Warrior has a score of just under 1.3k. Our damage is good but we're just not wanted because we have no utility and can be replaced by the attack power scroll buff. Why would you ever pick a Warr over a rogue/dh/mage/lock etc? They all have our damage and then something extra. It's all you see in group finder 'mage or rogue needed'.

I don't blame people for wanting good classes but it's so tiring not getting into a group when you're really geared and have more than enough xp but you're the wrong class. All we have is the damage. We don't even have shockwave anymore and I feel like I'm weighing my team down because all I can do is dmg. I can't help the group out with skips or slows or anything.

Deleted
    As fury you can slow packs, but i fully agree with you. We are not wanted in group. Last weekend i lost few hours trying to find groups for m+, no one want warrior.

this is sadly one of many results of "the best is barely enough" mentality that haunts almost all online multiplayer interactions.

and there is no fix for it. either you have all dps speccs be 100% identical, or people start sorting based on smaller things/things that cannot be changed (melee vs rdps)

honestly, if people would put so much effort into hobby sports like these kind of gamer put into min-maxing everything, we would need to hold the olympics twice a year.

Piercing howl is baseline for fury. Just play that spec. I had an arms warrior in a group earlier today and when he wasnt dealing with mechanics he did ok damage. His overall was garbage because he got mechanics for most of kings rest. The times he was able to engage in fighting contributed though.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-10-11 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    If you compare warriors on RIO (I'm comparing Arms here, I doubt Fury is much different) you really get a sense we're not wanted. On my realm, one of the largest in the EU, the highest Warrior has a score of just under 1.3k. Our damage is good but we're just not wanted because we have no utility and can be replaced by the attack power scroll buff. Why would you ever pick a Warr over a rogue/dh/mage/lock etc? They all have our damage and then something extra. It's all you see in group finder 'mage or rogue needed'.

I don't blame people for wanting good classes but it's so tiring not getting into a group when you're really geared and have more than enough xp but you're the wrong class. All we have is the damage. We don't even have shockwave anymore and I feel like I'm weighing my team down because all I can do is dmg. I can't help the group out with skips or slows or anything.
    Basically, you'll have to level your own keys, find a group to play with or reroll to a class in the current M+ meta. Idk when wow became fucking League of legends with this meta bullshit but it's a fact of pugging in today's game. I'm guilty of it myself I lol when shadow priests and ele shaman queue up and I pass on guardian druids and resto shaman every time I'm running something higher than a +10.

They need to give us shockwave back for DPS specs.

That's the issue when Blizzard turned away from "bring the player, not the class" towards "class fantasy, strengths and weaknesses, de-homogenization". Very few classes are "wanted" for m+ because they're the most specialized in what teams want.

The poular dps are: rogue, mage, boomkin, dh... maybe warlock but it's not perfect for every setup (high st burst, low aoe). So more than half the classes are shafted.

At least some high comps do run a warrior when I check leaderboards.

Does anyone pick shadow priest? Feral? Ele / enh shaman? Ret paladin? Dps dk? MM / Surv hunter? Nope. Even beastmastery hunters and windwalkers are fairly rare, but do exist here and there.

Same problem with tanks. Majority of m+ want a blood dk, period. There are some DHs / Paladins / Monks, but much fewer than DKs. Druids and Warriors never picked.

Healers are slightly more balanced, but still, no one picks a shaman.

Warriors were "meta" for m+ during TOS / first MDI but then Blizzard started buffing DHs (and Monks in Antorus) and these took over "the second melee spot" (you always want rogue for skips since they brought cloak of concealment back in 7.1), Monks got recently nerfed, so they're phasing out in favour of DHs.

Blizzard really doesn't care.

They were supposed to improve utility of the classes that are "pick: never" status, and what we got is Legion 2.0 where ferals, shamans, shadow are dumpster tier for pve.

They actually added utility to classes that were already popular like mages and demon hunters... Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    They need to give us shockwave back for DPS specs.
    100% agree with this - Im not surprised its hard to pug high keys on warrior, the shockwave was one of the few reasons an warrior could be an average choice and it's not out of line with stuns that other melee classes have e.g. DH/Shaman/monk.

That said Im not going to cry, pushing higher than 10 is only for bragging rights at the moment, arms is great for Uldir and Im enjoying arena, tanking in M+ feels a bit better after the (very small) buff so I don't mind switching anymore (I flat refused the last month when people asked me to after being one shot through shield wall by a non-fortified mob in motherload+8), its not like we're the bottom of the pile this expansion now is it.

i feel you...

with less then 0 utility it just feels as if you're not pulling your weight. Had a conversation with my m+ group about a reroll. Lead was pretty "sweet" in telling me that it is super important to execute all the mobs..and that super good for m+...

sorry but i don't see that 20 K execute doing much... if the mob has 2 % health and 16 k go to waste... (made up numbers)

Kind of feeling useless lately...

Quote Originally Posted by grendle View Post
    100% agree with this - Im not surprised its hard to pug high keys on warrior, the shockwave was one of the few reasons an warrior could be an average choice and it's not out of line with stuns that other melee classes have e.g. DH/Shaman/monk.

That said Im not going to cry, pushing higher than 10 is only for bragging rights at the moment, arms is great for Uldir and Im enjoying arena, tanking in M+ feels a bit better after the (very small) buff so I don't mind switching anymore (I flat refused the last month when people asked me to after being one shot through shield wall by a non-fortified mob in motherload+8), its not like we're the bottom of the pile this expansion now is it.
    Shout is nice to have for the HP increase but to push higher keys it's going to be rough. Shockwave was a staple that made us somewhat wanted.

sometimes affixs aren't on your side.

Did a +9 with two warriors and roflstomped everything

When you get past dungeons that you faceroll, Commanding Shout and Execute are useful abilities that demon hunters and mages don't have. Admittedly I don't play a warrior, but they seem like they're in a good place in terms of damage and utility. Quite unlike shadow priests and boomkins who you basically take just for the utility because the damage just isn't there outside of huge lengthy pulls where they can ramp up.

Rogues bring skips, non-aggro CC, AOE snare, and survivability. DH's bring AoE stun, snare or single target stun, non-aggro CC, and survivability. That fills up the melee slots for pushing. People will be less classist once there is more gear and more people are making the time on 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    When you get past dungeons that you faceroll, Commanding Shout and Execute are useful abilities that demon hunters and mages don't have. Admittedly I don't play a warrior, but they seem like they're in a good place in terms of damage and utility. Quite unlike shadow priests and boomkins who you basically take just for the utility because the damage just isn't there outside of huge lengthy pulls where they can ramp up.
    Shout is next to pointless in m+. Raid, it's a powerful tool. 5 mans, less so. And execute is not a warrior special ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only unique utility we have is Rallying Cry and only your healer is gonna notice it...maybe. We don't do enough damage to justify the lack of utility so theres no reason to bring a warrior unless you have a rediculous ilvl. I honestly feel like i'm letting my friends down because I choose not to play a DH, Druid, or Rogue. I know how strong DH is because I thought about swapping but I just wasn't enjoying it, even though they were very good and very useful in m+.

Theres a few things they could change to make warriors more viable. Give us Shockwave. Bring back the glyph that made feared targets stand still. Make Dragon Roar knockback again or give us a aoe interrupt, like another shout that silences anyone casting. I think having some of these changes would make it more justifiable to bring a warrior.

I'm also concerned damage-wise. I pop everything I have and I have a chance of competing against previously mentioned classes at trash packs, except that my DBtS is on a 3-min CD and I have zero survivability outside of it. Boss damage is below horrible without literally everything proccing ten times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The poular dps are: rogue, mage, boomkin, dh... maybe warlock but it's not perfect for every setup (high st burst, low aoe). So more than half the classes are shafted.
    Sadly, from my experience as melee ONLY player is correct.

Does anyone pick shadow priest? Feral? Ele / enh shaman? Ret paladin? Dps dk? MM / Surv hunter? Nope. Even beastmastery hunters and windwalkers are fairly rare, but do exist here and there.
    As having both, fury and frost DK at the same level i must say that their pick rate in pug higher M+ is quite bad as it is. Frost can keep their AoE uptime a bit more, but other than grip has no utility on their own.

However my experience is a lot better as survival hunter. Simply because pure damage that they bring in encounter. With the combination of right traits and pets they can be a bit more selfsustain and hit hard.

As WW i had mixed experience, i either pop my ToK in the right moment and my DPS skyrockets or i miss the window of high damage output from the boss, get my ass served AND do mediocre damage. But aye, definitely A LOT better experience with pugs as Survival/WW than with Fury/Frost.

Same problem with tanks. Majority of m+ want a blood dk, period. There are some DHs / Paladins / Monks, but much fewer than DKs. Druids and Warriors never picked.
    I guess that this will change with .1 patch. Ion did mention in latest QnA that they think that DKs survivability is higher than they would like and they will look into it.
    As well as damage of Vengeance and pWarrs.
    The fact is.. that bDKs toolkit is built extremely well for M+ content by it self and if some core things dont change blood will always be good for dungeon content.
    Their selfsustain is simply unmatched due to Death Strike/Blood Shield Mechanics. Blizz needs to be reeeaaalllyyy careful how they play around with it because that will either make them gods (as they are now) or break them completely (as majority of the legion).
    That will leave then DKs with 3 subpair specs that are practically useless in PvP

Healers are slightly more balanced, but still, no one picks a shaman.
    Also, sadly true, majority of healers that i have encountered were priests, MW monks and Palas. rShammy here and there if someone bold shows up.
    But again, when i was in pugs, leaders did say few times that they would rather wait for another healer over rShammy or pick a bit undergeared healer over them.

They were supposed to improve utility of the classes that are "pick: never" status, and what we got is Legion 2.0 where ferals, shamans, shadow are dumpster tier for pve.
    Add to that both DKs and Fury which hit as wet noodles without proper traits, stats and good weapon.

They actually added utility to classes that were already popular like mages and demon hunters... Sigh.
    Again, with you on this one. Im not even sure why they brought back class specific raid buffs. This kinda makes obligatory to have one monk, DH, warrior and priest in the raid. Compensating poorer classes performance with utility buff is not the solution of the problem at hand.

Is it due to extremely poor design of Azerite gear and majority of the traits, or simply balancing issue, i think that class balance is close to be at its lowest. DPS wise balance is somewhat ok, however class balance is way off.
    Its really an issue for a class to depend of few traits to be valuable in the content or having ST and AoE set (fDKs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Welcome to high end gameplay in this shit game, if you don't have at least 3 alts geared and ready to play you are just gonna fall behind.
    Blizzard are in fact hacks devs and will leave specs broken for months, if not years, waiting is not an option when playing this shit game, you need have backup specs.

A hunter pet has more utility than a Warrior, thats not even an exaggeration.

As a hunter, with the luxury of being a ranged DPS, I also have a pet with Bloodlust, a magic/enrage dispel (10sec CD), Spirit Mend and a stun.
    Spirit Mend is incredibly undervalued.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    A hunter pet has more utility than a Warrior, thats not even an exaggeration.

As a hunter, with the luxury of being a ranged DPS, I also have a pet with Bloodlust, a magic/enrage dispel (10sec CD), Spirit Mend and a stun.
    Spirit Mend is incredibly undervalued.
    And still, all that is not enough to be considered a top m+ class.