Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There is a rather large difference between feeling nervous about the possibility of being attacked when you are walking home alone at night and shooting at an unarmed teenager who did nothing more than ask for directions. I don't know why you continue to press the false equivalence.
    They aren't equal - I never supposed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They aren't equal - I never supposed that.
    You're pressing the issue like the situation here is comparable to the nervousness a woman might feel when walking home alone at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, sorry to inform you. I know, harsh information for the SJW crowd to swallow, but I'm sure you will someday manage it.
    There's a stereotype for people that think like that as well.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason
    Yes and that reason is that lots of people are hard of thinking.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    Why does this even matter? Are you digging for some kind of reason to blame him for knocking on a door for directions? My son just started driving @ age 15 1/2 and he was completely clueless about how our town was laid out. Kids sitting in the back seat of a car rarely pay attention to where they are going and how they get there... both of these a-holes should be charged to the maximum allowed... it should also be charged as a hate-crime if the security footage shows them discussing race as a cause.
    Talk about late to the party...

Did you miss my "Just curious" line, and just wanted to add your own bullshit onto my post?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

No, the shooter missed. That doesn't make the act any less racist or evil though.
    Agree on that.

Wow. Scumbag jury sticks to the most lenient verdict possible. What kind of trash.
    Last edited by josykay; 2018-10-13 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Wow. Scumbag jury sticks to the most lenient verdict possible. What kind of trash.
    Considering that someone can mow down a bicyclist while drunk and get 4 years in prison, the sentence isn't horrid.

What I do find strange, and aberrant, is that a man can get 15 years for mistreating a dog, albeit terribly and disgustingly, but it most definitely seems like our justice system is kind of out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Considering that someone can mow down a bicyclist while drunk and get 4 years in prison, the sentence isn't horrid.

What I do find strange, and aberrant, is that a man can get 15 years for mistreating a dog, albeit terribly and disgustingly, but it most definitely seems like our justice system is kind of out of whack.
    I am pretty sure, that without the video, he would have been found not guilty, and people buying his "I tripped, and accidently shot" defense. Even worse, he has done similiar shit previously....

15+ Year Old Account
    white trash like that should have gotten 10 years, to make an example on how to not treat strangers.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    The difference is in intent. A person driving drunk can be said to be reckless...but not necessarily homicidal. I don't see how aiming a shotgun and pulling the trigger at a fleeing person can be viewed as anything other than attempted murder...especially after the shooter is caught in a lie.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So, he knocks on a door n wakes up some old woman who freaks out due to most blacks are involved in crime n some guy comes to her defense n everyone screams "racism!"

As if she would have freaked out if they weren't doing lots of crime.
    Many crimes are committed by people with two arms. Therefore, if you have two arms, I'm completely justified in physically attacking you if you try to ask me the time of day.

You see the problem with your thinking?
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-10-13 at 11:11 AM.

You're pressing the issue like the situation here is comparable to the nervousness a woman might feel when walking home alone at night.
    Yes, the two are comparable because they're afraid of their safety because of different behavioral outcomes based on the demographics in the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yes, the two are comparable because they're afraid of their safety because of different behavioral outcomes based on the demographics in the scenario.
    They're not comparable at all

In your hypothetical situation, a woman is nervous because she's walking home alone at night. It's a reasonable concern. At no point does the woman go off and attack any man because he's probably a rapist.

In the actual situation, A woman that is safe in her home accuses a boy that is just looking for help of being a thief. Her husband then tries to murder that boy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Freaking out because you see a black person and assume they're a criminal is pretty much as textbook a definition of racism as you can get. It's so blatant that it's cartoonish.
    I would say it depends on your interactions with blacks before, say if over 80% of them were thugs and try to mug you/break into your house then yeah for that person it´s pretty normal to see a black and think criminal.

Jesus Christ. Shooting at a child's back as they flee. Dumbass didn't know his safety was on. Then once he figured out how to fire, he couldn't even maintain a grip on the gun and the barrel goes flying wildly to the right.

Some people SHOULD NOT OWN GUNS. Fuck protection, some of these troglodytes should be allowed to defend themselves only with melee weapons. If you die, oh well you weren't exactly a paragon of society anyway so no real loss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I've been mugged twice in my life. Both times by young black men.

I still don't feel any concern when a young black man is nearby. (That seems to put me one step ahead of many of my left-leaning comrades)

It's not hard to not bundle everyone together based on superficial shit. I don't know how humans at large still don't manage it.
    Maybe, but just maybe read what i wrote mate.

I said when 80% you have interacted with are criminals then it´s only normal that the first thing you think when you see a black person is thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Maybe, but just maybe read what i wrote mate.

I said when 80% you have interacted with are criminals then it´s only normal that the first thing you think when you see a black person is thug.
    That's just blatant racism. Try to empathize for a minute and think about how you would feel if someone said that about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh, so there's a percentage threshold? What is it, exactly?

Also, at what point are you counting people you just assume are criminals in that percentage?
    I would assume 51% is obvious, but even 5% is still scary. It's simple mathematics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I would assume 51% is obvious, but even 5% is still scary. It's simple mathematics.
    It’s a sign of ignorance is what it is.

Most crime is same race on same race.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So, he knocks on a door n wakes up some old woman who freaks out due to most blacks are involved in crime n some guy comes to her defense n everyone screams "racism!"

As if she would have freaked out if they weren't doing lots of crime.
    100% of known KKK members are white so all white people are Klan members, is that how it works?