Poll: Are you happy with the way things are?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I wonder how many more mounts they will push in the form of "special offers" to keep people subbed.
    That package was datamined months earlier on wowhead so it wasn't like they just pulled it out of their butt. The finance and operations side of Blizzard is keenly aware of the traditional cyclical nature of subs, regardless of perceived quality by the community. There are always drop off points that line up in every expansion and I don't see why it is so shocking to see a company offer up something to offset that traditional dip. Keep that tinfoil hat on tight though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonqopura View Post
    So BFA has been out for 2 months now, and we have all tasted one way or another how bad it actually is. Of course I am not alone here, as the majority of the community (I would say roughly 70-80%) is disappointed to say the least with BFA. The reasons are numerous, and to be completely honest I actually think that at this point, the cons outweigh the pros and by a good margin, in terms of playing WoW overall.
    Hot damn do I love seeing spectacular backfires. Even here on MMO-C where people bitch and whinge non-stop you still can't get a majority vote to hate on BFA and "WoW is fine as it is" is top voted.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And when you do, apply the same to the forums as well. Kkthxbai.
    There's no reason why quitting WoW should mean you should stop posting on this forum.

Ehhh, already unsubscribed, just because I'm bored of the game.

I'll come back when I see spriest changes. Until then, I'm not going to bother with a game that has a developer who sees it as fair to leave a class broken for several months just to launch the game by their deadline. I pop by MMO-C a few times a day to see if there are any patch notes that mention shadow priests and then ignore WoW for the rest of the day.

Deleted
    The game has been steadily going both down and up in quality since MoP. Some aspects get worse and worse, like writing, gear and rng on obtaining gear, class design, while other gets better amd better like art, raids, dungeons.

It's bizare to me, but I still enjoy the odd mix WoW has become.

So BFA has been out for 2 months now, and we have all tasted one way or another how bad it actually is. Of course I am not alone here, as the majority of the community (I would say roughly 70-80%) is disappointed to say the least with BFA.
    How do you know this? Majority of the community is unhappy with the game.

I will not be thoroughly explaining why I think BFA is not the expansion that the community wanted.
    Again, how do you know this?

I do not consider this forum to be representative of the community. Official forum? Number of complaints? People complaining about WoW XP is not new. There were always some group somewhere complaining about something.

All the issues that came up during these 2 months of live, were asked from the respective spec communities (e.g. stormearthandlava or ancestralguidance) and somehow here we are, a broken class trying to pick up little pieces and calling it food. I have learned the hard way that stressing over it and raging does not benefit anyone, so the past few years I sat back and watched gruesome things happen to the game, while I tried to enjoy it as much as I can.
    I doubt Blizzard can simply hot fix a class spec that easily. They can tweet numbers but changes to class mechanics is not something that they would do. I would be very surprised if they do.

I play a Shadow Priest and yes, there were times when I too felt left behind with a style that did not feel right.

TL;DR I am interested in seeing how many people are tired of paying for a broken game, and how many are actually willing to do something about it.
    Have you considered that these people do not see any problems with the game in the way you do? Or do you just considered ignorant fanboys who just lap everything Blizzard feeds them?

The game is not perfect. I see some problems with the game. Maybe these are not problems in your eyes. And that is where some of the problems with these kind posts. We all see the game through our own perspective and not others.

*shrugs*
    I unsubbed a couple of years ago over the crap that was WoD. As interested as I am now in the current game, I can't seem to put myself back in that frame of mind since my time is already allotted to doing other things. Things that have nothing to do with games or for that matter the internet.

One of the big gambles that Blizz takes when pissing of their customers is getting them to where I stand now; unsubbed, and committing my time elsewhere away from games altogether.

But then that might actually be a gamble from players that want to do something about what may be viewed as a poor state of the game. Because once you rage/quit...you might not come back even if they make the improvements you want. (Yeah..okay, that's not much of a gamble for a player that may decide life has a lot more to offer away from the pc)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The ones that can't be bothered are okay with it too, though.
    He said "happy", not "okay". I voted for can't be bothered, and still play regularly, but I'm far from happy with the current state of the game.

Aside from the lack of polish the only glaring issue is how the devs just said "fuck it" about some classes/ specs. If they're fixed everything else is okay enough, even azerite.

As a Feral I've spent most of every Xpac since Cataclysm unsubscribed. Blizzard continues to amaze me with their ability to constantly get worse.

Deleted
    So BFA has been out for 2 months now, and we have all tasted one way or another how bad it actually is. Of course I am not alone here, as the majority of the community (I would say roughly 70-80%) is disappointed to say the least with BFA. The reasons are numerous, and to be completely honest I actually think that at this point, the cons outweigh the pros and by a good margin, in terms of playing WoW overall.

I will not be thoroughly explaining why I think BFA is not the expansion that the community wanted. Many players have similarly raised their concerns or disappointment with valid arguments and through proper channels (I will just ignore all the salty people and their comments that frequent nowadays in the forums, as they do more harm than good). Whether in official forums, in actual articles, or by other means, the community has time and time again united, in order to provide feedback to the development and design team, with hopes that their efforts will not go in vain.

Let's put this into context. As a shaman player, who considers himself to be an end-game player (meaning pushing very high keys at least in Legion early seasons, and clearing mythic raids with relatively good world rankings), I have watched the development lifecycle of shamans from Legion to BFA and let's just say that it felt like we were homeless, begging for change on the street and the dev team, even though it was just us and them on the road, walked back and front several times while displaying how rich they are. All the issues that came up during these 2 months of live, were asked from the respective spec communities (e.g. stormearthandlava or ancestralguidance) and somehow here we are, a broken class trying to pick up little pieces and calling it food. I have learned the hard way that stressing over it and raging does not benefit anyone, so the past few years I sat back and watched gruesome things happen to the game, while I tried to enjoy it as much as I can.

I did not bring up the shaman issue to focus on that, it was just a very recent and easy to use example of ignorance and bad design/development/communication on behalf of the game developers. My point is that what happened to one class, has happened to many classes over the years, and will continue to happen in the coming years. Same thing applies to several aspects of the game. M+, an exciting end-game content was introduced in legion and was only made worse in BFA (takes a lot of skill to do that). Artifact power grind and tier sets were revamped into more grind for gear and artifact power through the worst system ever made the one and only Azerite gear. Unattractive new content added (hello dear Island Expeditions and Warfronts). Overall I think the only good aspects of the game came from previous expansions, and all the new exciting stuff we were supposed to have just isn't there.

The result is a vicious cycle of Q&A's where devs try to address or at least answer the numerous complaints that the community has, and they are spoon feeding us tiny bits of new content updates or class balances or w/e to keep us juuuuust a little bit curious to continue playing. At this point I am not sure if it is actually even that or just the habit of playing all these years. I am not gonna lie, I have said to myself numerous times over the years that I would stop playing, but for some reason I always kept going, mindlessly doing my WQ's, my dungeons and my raids, like a programmed robot or something. It's the time of the year again where its becoming hard to balance everything (i.e. work, real-life, wow) and I am considering once again stopping for good. But to be frank, what might just push me over the edge this time is the aforementioned negligence and continued disregard for the player-base which is getting worse and worse as wow becomes more and more of a product rather than a game for the developers and the consumers. We are at a point where it's more like "this is our game, we decide what to do with it so if you don't like it piece off". On one hand it is indeed their game but on the other hand there is no game if there are no players to play it. So my whole post comes down to this:

Unsubscribe for 1 month (or for as long as it takes to get our message across)

Some will laugh, others will continue on to the next post, others will for some reason call me a noob or a crybaby or whatever. But some will actually let it sink in and realize that it just might be a good idea. Cause the way I see it, we either remain in the current state of meaningless back and forth communication and then devs having their way, or we force their hand. At the end of the day we dictate how long this game goes on for, and even 1 month without a good portion of its current player base is enough to make them listen. If money is their only concern, make them work for it. We are also at fault here for sticking to the game so many years without getting value for our money but this has to stop at some point.

TL;DR I am interested in seeing how many people are tired of paying for a broken game, and how many are actually willing to do something about it.

P.S. I have tried to keep the post civil, without harsh language so I would appreciate it if you did the same.
    Looks like your poll backfired - git gud.

10+ Year Old Account
    So BFA has been out for 2 months now, and we have all tasted one way or another how bad it actually is. Of course I am not alone here, as the majority of the community (I would say roughly 70-80%) is disappointed to say the least with BFA.
    nice numbers you pull out of your arse there, most people dont even use forums
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    people still pay for this game? i thought everyone was just spending 3 hours a month picking herbs and laughing about how cheap wow tokens are right now.

Yo if you are gonna try and convince me that the majority of the playerbase dislike the game you should probably bring me some sort of verifiable proof otherwise it will be quite easy to dismiss your statement as an asspull.

Also why is that some people who unsubscribe has this deep seeded need to come to MMO-Champion and thumb their chests while stamping their tiny little feet trying to convince others to do the same? Its pretty fucking stupid.

yeah people let's all rally behind a rallying cry!

mine!

no not yours,you suck mine!

what wtf even spoke to you, mine is better!

you are obviously clueless, mine is better!

no, no, no mine!

shut it kids, i was playing since vanila, only i can tell you what needs to be done!

dude what's your io? i am the alpha here!

i'm a casual and unlike you i have a life, fuck you, i get priority!

do you even pvp bros? go kill some dragons, i know what needs be done!

blizzard: ehm, ok thank you for your feedback guys, i guess we'll try to figure out what to do...

I don't really enjoy wow as much either. I felt every expansion had more fun and variety. Do i really want to spend all day grinding for artifact power? no thanks. Warfronts are boring and so are island expeditions. The ability pruning gets rather tiresome as well.

legion was awesome although the RNG legendaries kinda sucked but still it was decent. Mop was good even though there were a ton of dailies I loved the new monk class plus Pandaria is still an awesome content, and pet battles are fun. Cata brought new quests to old areas / plus the raidfinder which most people hate but still its fun to go once in a while, also I didnt mind cata at all until DS which was a let down. Wotlk was great as well, lots of good story lines, fun dailies and entertaining bosses. Yes the heroic dungeons were very simple but dungeons aren't meant to be end game content, they are simply dungeons. heroic raids were end game content at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Do you get cash back for using the the phrase "massive ego". I read the opinions. And then I laugh at how people continue pay for the privilege of playing a game they don't like. And, no, I don't need to "start listening" to anyone. Because I don't care that you or anyone else is unhappy with the game.

I don't demand the Blizzard do what I want. If it stops being fun, I'll quit and play something else. Which I've done several times since I started playing the game. I'm not going to have regular tantrums about how horrible Blizzard is.

I'm the last person anyone would claim has a massive ego. And it is the furthest thing from toxic to enjoy a game for what it is.
    The usual suspects on this forum that do nothing but trash the game in every post and claim those of us who enjoy it are hopelessly addicted being the problem, are in fact the ones who are hopelessly addicted. They continue to play a game they despise. When called out on it or asked about it they say it's not relevant or none of our business to know.

WoW has had issues since day one. For me, the enjoyment I get from playing it and raiding with my friends far outweighs the negatives. Nothing so far as made the game so unenjoyable that I would quit. Maybe stop doing some activities, but it has not gotten to the point where I feel it is no longer worth spending my time or money on it.

I have made posts on the official forums explaining what I don't like about decisions or directions and how it effects my playing of the game and how I would change it. I would never think to rage like many do here and there. It's not worth it for a video game. Even if this is (was) your hobby, it's not worth the stress to be so angry about it.

But the best is the mentality that they are the only ones that know the truth We are all blind or corporate suckups that can't see the truth, which is that Blizzard is trying to steal our money. Got news for you, if a business is out just to take your money and offers nothing but a bad product, which I heard about WoW since day one, the business or product line will fail and fail fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yo if you are gonna try and convince me that the majority of the playerbase dislike the game you should probably bring me some sort of verifiable proof otherwise it will be quite easy to dismiss your statement as an asspull.

Also why is that some people who unsubscribe has this deep seeded need to come to MMO-Champion and thumb their chests while stamping their tiny little feet trying to convince others to do the same? Its pretty fucking stupid.

No doubt for some of them it's 'misery loves company'.

Deleted
    No one expects the mmo-champion inquisition

OP, man, if you don't like the game idk, maybe take a break. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to force it on other people

Deleted
    Everything just feels watered down it no longer feels like an rpg.

Even things easy to get right like professions are a joke, professions feel like they forgot about them until the last minute.

Gearing is an rng cluster cuck.

Azerite is a terrible system.

Warfronts are so god damn boring, vs ai and you can't lose....fun stuff.

World quests are so unoriginal and repetitive at least legion had some variety and PvP ones.

PvP feels forgotten.

Island expeditions get repetitive fast.

I feel like Bfa was the best selling expansion but also the fastest unsubbing expansion ever.

This is coming from someone who has enjoyed every expansion since TBC apart from Cata, even though Wod was a bit of a let down I still found ways to enjoy myself. I tend to try side on the positive end but this and Cata are the only times I've felt the game is just utter shit.
    Last edited by mmoc36c28df1e5; 2018-10-13 at 04:49 PM.