Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your WoW Memories Are Not Valid

That's right. The WoW memories you created with all your friends were created playing a virtual world resembling reality. They were childish. If you are stressed out and tired of being an adult with adult responsibilities, then you will miss "Old WoW." Discuss.

Technically no memories are valid under this rationale. Which is fine, the brain is a funny thing and our memories are based on our perceptions and all that, but this logic about enjoyment is the same as say talking about football or your old band.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you're projecting quite a lot.

I like old WoW because I am a fan of more RPG oriented games.
    Old WoW was a lot more RPG oriented than current WoW, thus by just using logic, old WoW is my preferred game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that were true nobody would have stuck around playing Nostalrius. But they did.

Is it that fun posting obvious bait threads? I'm genuinely curious.

Or maybe, just maybe, we can let people enjoy what they enjoy without having to create 100 threads about how stupid the other point of view is? Some people enjoy the tedious grind that Vanilla was, others like being handed a ton of free gear and not having to play 5hours+/day to get anywhere.

I will for sure give Classic servers a go, loved playing Vanilla when I was a kid. Will most likely not love it now, but it will be something else than what we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Is this another anti-Classic thread? What the hell is wrong with these people??

7+ Year Old Account
    Will always miss WoW from back then, doesn't matter what people tell me, game was better back then, it was more to my taste and liking. Nothing to discuss about it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to talk with a professional.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

the only thing the vanilla crowd actually enjoys about the whole thing is being contrarian

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people that want classic?
    To quote barney Stinson of himym: new is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think this is an anti-fun thread but the look of it

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    That's right. The WoW memories you created with all your friends were created playing a virtual world resembling reality. They were childish. If you are stressed out and tired of being an adult with adult responsibilities, then you will miss "Old WoW." Discuss.
    I'm stressed out and tired of Adulting and i sure as shit don't miss old WoW.

My fondest memories on Vanilla were meeting and playing with friends and new people. The natural forming of communities and seeing people become more or less reputable on my server. The content was slow, boring, grindy, and not really that difficult, but it was made fun by having a shared experience with friends and the other people in my group.

I think that alot of people miss old wow for these type of experiences, as well as the pure nostalgia feeling they'll get when they walk up to ironforge for the first time or fly down to the base of Teldrassil on the flight path etc.

Deleted
    I didn't start with any friends but made loads while levelling and reached a point where I felt like I knew pretty much everyone on the server. Now anyone I meet while levelling is a mute from a different server who may as well be an npc, no one knows anyone, people in dungeons don't talk, if I'm doing a world quest someone will invite me, not reply to anything I say then an addon will tell me "I have finished quest x, thank you for your help" and leave group. It blows my mind I'm being thanked by an addon.

That's not nostalgia, that's just how things were vs how they are now and that's just one example. The social world of wow was amazing when it was server based and you needed to pal up with people to find groups. I preferred that.

More so I just miss when WoW felt like an rpg with so many elements to it, even just how professions themselves were their own mini game.

This isn't nostalgia, it's just how I preferred my gameplay.

Of course it's childish, it's a video game.

Discuss.

Nope.

/10char

Deleted
    My fondest memories of WoW are from late MoP and early WoD, when I was at the hight of raiding. But I wouldn't say WoD was the best expansion (I would say it had the best raid, but that's a different point)

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly,

you can't claim people's memories to be invalid. We have them for a reason. We recall things, we remember things, we enjoy the feeling our minds gives us when it tries to recreate those signals.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Technically no memories are valid under this rationale. Which is fine, the brain is a funny thing and our memories are based on our perceptions and all that, but this logic about enjoyment is the same as say talking about football or your old band.
    His logic isn't about all memories, it's about nostalgia. People only want Classic because they think it was fun and better than now, which is not objectively true. It's just as shitty, just in different ways.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

My life is great as an adult, I miss old WoW.

What now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla WoW is a Spook...

- Max Stirner.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear