Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    My life is great as an adult, I miss old WoW.

What now?
    Then you are confused. Your life is probably not as great as you think it is, at least as a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    That's right. The WoW memories you created with all your friends were created playing a virtual world resembling reality. They were childish. If you are stressed out and tired of being an adult with adult responsibilities, then you will miss "Old WoW." Discuss.

Aww, feelin blue today? Maybe a hug will help. :hug!:

That's right. The WoW memories you created with all your friends were created playing a virtual world resembling reality. They were childish. If you are stressed out and tired of being an adult with adult responsibilities, then you will miss "Old WoW." Discuss.

It's down to each individual person.

I keep saying it the last few days.... but Im on a PS. It's a wrath client but Vanilla locked. The best thing about it? It's a dammed awesome community, that's what I remember from TBC and one reason why I want to try classic. This PS has helped to reinforce that and it just isn't nostalgia
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Discuss.
    No need to discuss an incorrect premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats up lately with garbage threads that have a shitty low quality meme in it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Your memories of creating this thread aren't real either. Someone hacked your account and posted it under your name.

All children make great memories in fantasy worlds, that world being digital rather than completely imaginary changes nothing. That doesn't make that memory any less real, nor the happiness it brought you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some WoW memories can really damage Your brain.

10+ Year Old Account

Discuss? What's there to talk about? The nostalgia argument isn't an attempt at a debate, it's an attempt to play a winning card but since it can't really be refuted or proven it's just a way to shut down discussion. People who use it tend to be jackasses who want to tell me and other what we're really thinking which leads to this reaction on my part - Fuck off.

We are all webs of atoms in the shape of a net of meat acting as a suspending medium for an impulse that has the awareness to label itself and define the world around it. The laws of entropy ensure decomposition and dissolution is the only end goal of this ongoing existence in a ever expanding void of space where nothing matters and one day everything alive now will be dead and nothing will care. Nothing is valid and even now your cells are dying as the precious seconds of your fleeting organic effervescence wastes away.

OR

Its just a game bro, relax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are confused. Your life is probably not as great as you think it is, at least as a gamer.
    And this is the reason you should fuck right off. You have zero knowledge of that person's life or how happy they are but you presume to tell them it's not as good as they think. That's an asshole tactic and meant to just incite vs discuss. Nice try, thread reported for forum trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    His logic isn't about all memories, it's about nostalgia. People only want Classic because they think it was fun and better than now, which is not objectively true. It's just as shitty, just in different ways.
    Go buy a dictionary and learn the difference between objective and subjective.

Is there a point to this post?

Maybe. But none of that is a defense against the arguments made about how "New WoW" is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Seems like you're projecting quite a lot.

I like old WoW because I am a fan of more RPG oriented games.
    Old WoW was a lot more RPG oriented than current WoW, thus by just using logic, old WoW is my preferred game.
    It was also a broken and unbalanced mess. Most of the available classes weren't viable. Especially for endgame. (eg, If you're a warrior, you're a tank, PERIOD!).
    And that's disregarding all the other problems the game had back then. But of course, people are willing to overlook it because it was new and they're blinded by nostalgia.

No, I started playing WoW as an adult. Though I agree that most of my good memories are not of the game itself, rather the experiences I had with friends then.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The only thing I liked about vanilla is that community felt significantly smaller. It was.

I don’t want that anymore. I remember spamming trade for 40 minutes trying to get a UBRS 10 man group together. I remember inviting people based on reputation, not skill.

Leveling sucked.
    Questing sucked except for the epic quest lines like Onyxia cloak.
    Graphics sucked.
    Rotations sucked.
    Raids were ok. They’re easy compared to today’s Mythic.

You think you want it. You don’t. Even BfA is better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Seems like you're projecting quite a lot.

I like old WoW because I am a fan of more RPG oriented games.
    Old WoW was a lot more RPG oriented than current WoW, thus by just using logic, old WoW is my preferred game.
    There's no more RPG left in BFA sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing here to discuss since memories are personal.

We have an entire forum for Classic WoW that has plenty of threads for discussing memories if that's your desire.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."