Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Island Expeditions Schedule, Blue Posts

Island Expeditions Schedule
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As some players have noticed, we’ve been adding invasion-style events featuring new types of creatures to Island Expeditions every week. Aside from adding a little variety, these also give you a chance to earn different cosmetic rewards.

Here's a schedule for the remaining events which will be added each week over the next couple of months:
    • Week of October 9 (this week): Water Elementals
    • Week of October 16: Air Elementals
    • Week of October 23: Black Dragons
    • Week of October 30: Tol’vir
    • Week of November 6: Twilight Dragons
    • Week of November 13: Old Gods

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ion being contradictory about World First?
    So apparently today Ion said the team loves watching the World First race.

But yesterday in the Q&A, Ion said that the dev team doesn't care about the World First race, so if the Battle of Dazar'alor ends up with different final bosses for each faction, it doesn't matter, and it'll be up to players to decide what "World First" actually matters. (And yes, I'm also aware he said that they may end up making it so all the bosses will end up the same order regardless of faction, but they aren't sure yet)

I don't even care about World First, but isn't that like, seriously contradictory? You either care or you don't care about World First, but apparently Ion both cares and doesn't care about it in a 12 hour time frame of one another???

We love that the community rallies around World Firsts as this is a community created thing that became so popular, but when he says that we don't care about it he's just saying that we don't design with it in mind. It's a very niche thing as well as a niche type of player. We're talking about a less than .1% of players that even set foot inside the current raid tier at Mythic level that would even be competing for these World Firsts.

Like Ion said in the Q&A we design encounters in the way that we feel would be the best experience. We might be wrong sometimes but that's the goal and we try to hit that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

WoW Subscribers
    Is it just me or have there been far, far more threads claiming to not continue their sub/cancel completely compared to all throughout Legion? Like, it's getting to a point where I'm wondering if Blizzard is worried or not. I don't want to go through another WoD debacle but I'm just personally noticing the increase in people who seemingly are done with my favorite game of all time.

This is troubling, no? Blizzard do you even care?

Then before that it was Legendaries in Legion, etc. The list goes on for each expansion. I remember seeing people on the forums claiming that the 1.6 patch was going to kill the game because it allowed players to queue for BGs at the Battlemasters in capital cities and thus they were unsubbing, this was 13 years ago.

I don't want to diminish or invalidate anyone's criticism with this post but yes, GD has always been like this and always will. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

im actually kind of sad to see this reply as it just feels inline with everything going on lately. shrug of the shoulders and oh well, btw we are making azurite more complicated, have a nice day!!. in this answer all I see is more of the same our way or the highway attitude from blizz. its disappointing.

Just gotta say, despite saying you don't want to diminish or invalidate criticism, you do just that.
    Sorry if that was the feeling at all as like I said I don't aim to do that by any means.

Even though we all know how GD can get, we by no means use that to dismiss any present feelings or overall concerns. We recognize everyone is coming from a good place when they raise a concern and every forum post does have a point. Sometimes the point is a little silly or we disagree with it, but that doesn't make it any less valid from that perspective of that player (even if they use McNuggets to explain it). Internally though we share a lot of the concerns you guys have, and conversations happen daily around them as well. We discuss what actually causes this problem and how to solve it. That includes fixing something if we feel it does need to be fixed. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

finally we get some dragons soon maybe ill beable to get the mount from them

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow news day eh?

I think people who write that they quit , and are not trying to point out flaws in the game, instead just talk about how bad everything is. Should be banned, from the forum and from the game

World First should now be if a guild can clear both Horde side and Alliance side of a raid. If not they haven't finished the raid. Don't care if this means they need to faction change to do it. Beating the entire raid both sides if needed now should be the goal. If not they are just casual guilds.

Who or what are GD?

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Who or what are GD?
    General discussion.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    World First should now be if a guild can clear both Horde side and Alliance side of a raid. If not they haven't finished the raid. Don't care if this means they need to faction change to do it. Beating the entire raid both sides if needed now should be the goal. If not they are just casual guilds.
    There’s already something implemented that after 1 side clears their specific bosses that you can then go kill the other sides 3 bosses. Technically I would state that makes neither side actually have faction specific bosses since they are all available.
    Personal thoughts aside, the fact that each faction has access to all 9 bosses total has led people to think world 1st will be clearing every boss each side, not just the main faction story ones.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made the point on WOW EU forum.
    the huge spike in "I quit", Blizz removed the survey when you cancel asking why.
    So people really want to give feedback why they are cancelling.
    Ion and the team have talked about the lack of communication putting the survey back
    would be a brilliant start.

sorry if someone has played for 7 years cancel. and not even a short survey why they are cancelling
    there's little wonder they take to a forum and tell them why, Its the only means they have

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    e, instead just talk about how bad everything is.
    You should have your head checked because that IS criticism. They wouldn't talk about how bad everything is if it wasn't in the first place. I know shocking huh? When things are bad then people bitch and complain. There's always going to be some complaining to complain but logic says when there's an abundance of threads with complaints, maybe just maybe something is wrong and it needs to be fixed.

YOU might be having fun but you're one out of countless others who obviously aren't. Stop thinking so selfishly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to have a schedule published, but unless the "drop rate" stops being abysmal to the point of making islands expeditions unappealing... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by SonicTMP View Post
    You should have your head checked because that IS criticism. They wouldn't talk about how bad everything is if it wasn't in the first place. I know shocking huh? When things are bad then people bitch and complain. There's always going to be some complaining to complain but logic says when there's an abundance of threads with complaints, maybe just maybe something is wrong and it needs to be fixed.

YOU might be having fun but you're one out of countless others who obviously aren't. Stop thinking so selfishly.
    Recent poll says the big minority are the unhappy one, 70% are happy

Recent poll says the big minority are the unhappy one, 70% are happy
    70% of the people that took that specific poll. Is there a vote count on that poll? Is it in the low hundreds or the high thousands? Either way, a couple hundred or even a few thousand people don't represent the whole of the community. They represent a couple hundred or a few thousand of the community. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Doesn't matter if you're Horde or Alliance, you still do all nine bosses in the end. The six for your faction and then you experience the other faction's side of the battle via a flashback thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Slow news day eh?
    Well, it's the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    70% of the people that took that specific poll. Is there a vote count on that poll? Is it in the low hundreds or the high thousands? Either way, a couple hundred or even a few thousand people don't represent the whole of the community. They represent a couple hundred or a few thousand of the community. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
    That also applies to the vocal minority of people complaining. You can't have it both ways.

The vast majority of WoW players don't participate in online discussion about the game at all. The entire active community on this message board represents less than one percent of the total playerbase.

CMs don't mean to negate their customer's opinions...except when they do. Especially when they're calling their customers "dickbags" and "douchebags".

Honestly, at this point, between Ion, Lore, and the CMs, they'd be better off not posting at all, because they do more harm than good when they open their mouths or put their hands on a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    CMs don't mean to negate their customer's opinions...except when they do. Especially when they're calling their customers "dickbags" and "douchebags".

Honestly, at this point, between Ion, Lore, and the CMs, they'd be better off not posting at all, because they do more harm than good when they open their mouths or put their hands on a keyboard.
    To whom? Personally I'm not offended by what a couple of corporate lapdogs have to say. I just disregard it because it doesn't actually mean anything. They are a couple of human beings that have the same weaknesses that most any of us have. If I had to deal with some of the halfwit fucktards that they deal with, I would probably lose my shit sometimes too. They aren't some golden gods that need everything they say taken as scripture, whether it's good or bad.

BFA expansion:

- Island Expeditions
    - Hotfix
    - Azerite hotfix
    - Island Expeditions
    - Hotfix
    - Azerite hotfix
    - Island Expeditions
    - Hotfix
    - Azerite hotfix

Boring expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    To whom? Personally I'm not offended by what a couple of corporate lapdogs have to say. I just disregard it because it doesn't actually mean anything. They are a couple of human beings that have the same weaknesses that most any of us have. If I had to deal with some of the halfwit fucktards that they deal with, I would probably lose my shit sometimes too. They aren't some golden gods that need everything they say taken as scripture, whether it's good or bad.
    Cool.

Me, i'm just laughing at the usual ham-handed way Blizzard is handling their business. Any other company, if an employee called ANY customers "douchebag" or "dickbag", in any context, they would be called into their supervisor's office the next day and summarily fired. It's hilarious to me that Blizzard thinks it's acceptable and professional. Yes, Lore can say what he wants on his personal Twitter, but when it's work related, then it's not personal, and any adult knows that some things, nobody needs to hear, you say that shit in private. It's not 'weakness", it's Lore being exactly what he's accusing others of being, and the irony is rich and delicious considering it's that permed poodle poseur who's saying it.

Also, stop assigning emotion to me. I'm not "offended", I'm not a paying customer of Blizzard's. I'm mocking them. There's a world of difference there.

Blizzards responses remind me of a child sticking their fingers in each ear and singing "I'm not listening".

If said topic isn't true it's normally ignored, when a blue posts in a thread is trying to justify it saying it's all ways been like this. Yes it's true to a point but never this bad (about subs). The need to have forced CRZ on from the start of an expansion is very clear that each server doesn't have the population fill each zone it self.

I think people who write that they quit , and are not trying to point out flaws in the game, instead just talk about how bad everything is. Should be banned, from the forum and from the game
    Kim Jong-un, is that you?
    We really don't need to talk about all of BfA flaws, everything is on the forums since the first beta, we had no idea they will go live
    on the 2nd beta you're playing now.
    I was one of the gamers who said they gonna quit and I proudly did!
    Clean of BfA crap for 12 days now.