Thrall
    Bwomsandi
    Arthas Menethil
    Bolvar Fordragon
    Khagar
    Talanji
    Genn Greymane

7+ Year Old Account
    it's funny how the OP asks which are the Top heroes of warcraft and people come with names like Gul'dan, Arthas, Sylvanas

1. Anduin Lothar - He was the one responsible for creating the Alliance. Without this man, the Alliance would never have existed and the Horde would have won. He saved Varian Wyrnn's life during the Sacking of Stormwind and without Varian to rebuild Stormwind the humans we see in game today probably wouldn't exist.

2. Ner'zhul - It was Ner'zhul that created the Horde. He brought them together due to the visions he saw. Now those visions were caused by Kil'Jaeden, but it was Ner'zhul who united the clans. Even after being betrayed by Gul'dan and losing all hope, he pulled himself together and united the clans once again during War 2:BtDP. Then there's all the afterwards stuff of him becoming the Lich King I'm sure you all are familar with.

3. Thrall - He reunited the Horde, he gave the orcs a reason to live again. Without Thrall the Horde you see today would not exist. He also defeated Deathwing quite possibly the most powerful single foe we've ever faced outside of Sargeras himself.

4. Illidan Stormrage - The Chosen One. Although his choices are questionable, without Illidan the Burning Legion would have taken Azeroth 10,000 years ago. His sacrifices saved the universe from the Burning Legion. He gave up everything, family, love, etc to fight the Legion.

5. Malfurion Stormrage - Much like Illidan, without him the Burning Legion would have defeated the Burning Legion 10,000 years ago. Although he might be my least favorite character on this list, his contributions to Azeroth's protection are unquestionable.

6. Deathwing - A master manipulator through and through, although its a shame we didn't get to see this side of him during Cataclysm. Deathwing has set so many events in motion throughout the history of Azeroth. Without his help the Horde never would have found the Dragon Soul to capture Alexstrasza, which allowed them to successfully assault Quel'thalas. He is the one that told Teron Gorefiend where everything he needed was to open new portals in War 2:BtDP, quite possible the biggest reason the Lich King was ever even created. Its his fault Malygos went mad and the Blue Dragonflight was nearly completely wiped out. His manipulating nearly lead to the disbanding of the Alliance as Lord Prestor during Day of the Dragon. He is the one that commanded Onyxia to infiltrate Stormwind and weaken them. He is responsible for the creation of Nether, chromatic, and Twilight dragons.

7. Gul'dan - The reason the Horde fell to demonic influence. He created the Shadow Council and gave the original Horde purpose. He was responsible for the Horde coming to Azeroth as well as their defeat on Azeroth. Without him Illidan never would have known about the Tomb of Sargeras, even gained his power boost in Warcraft 3. Legion never would have happened.

8. Varian Wyrnn - Varian Wyrnn brought the Alliance back into power. When WoW started it could have been argued that the Horde was stronger than the Alliance. Humanity was in ruins, Night Elves were in ruins, Ironforge was the only nation that wasn't on the edge of defeat. Varian brought hope back and strengthen them into the powerhouse they are now. King Wyrnn was responsible for killing Onyxia and bringing back Stromwind as a powerful nation, he ended the war of the dwarven clans and is the main reason we now have a strong Dark Iron and Wildhammer presence in the Alliance. He has never backed down for the Horde and when they committed evil acts he made sure they were brought to justice. He lead the charge to reclaim Ashenvale for the Night Elves. He was probably the greatest Alliance hero of WoW.

9. Garrosh Hellscream - For many of the same reason as Varian, Garrosh brough the Horde back into power. He saw the Alliance was growing stronger and did everything he could to make sure the Horde would not sit around until the Alliance came for them. He gave them back their Strength. Sadly Blizzard took a character that was truly a hero in Cata and made him a mad raid boss by the end of MoP, but his contributions are important none the less. Without Garrosh, WoD and Legion never would have happened.

10. The Ashbringer - I am giving the final spot to both Alexandros Mograinne and Tirion Fording. Both of them played huge roles in restoring hope to Azeroth. Both were part of the original batch of Paladins. Although Tirion was part of the first 5, Mograinne fought at his side through most of the second war. When Arthas returned from Northrend, its was Alexandros who rushed to Ironforge to have Magni forge the Ashbringer. With it he saved many many lives in Lorderon and helped turn the tide and gave those who resisted hope. He was responsible for the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn. Thousands of undead fell at his hand, without him the human survivors would have been wiped out by the undead. Tirion brought hope back as well, when he cleansed the Ashbringer and created the Argent Crusade it rallied Azeroth as a whole to fight back against Arthas. Without his leadership we never would have defeated the Lich King.

Honorable Mentions -

Arthas Menethil
    Muradin Bronzebeard
    Medivh
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Vol'jin
    Doomhammer
    Turalyon
    Jaina Proudmoore
    Khadgar

PS: Yes I know Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Garrosh, and Deathwing could be considered villians today, but they were also instrumental to the Horde being what they are today, all of them at one point were heroes of the Horde.
    Last edited by Bling; 2018-10-13 at 09:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All warcraft 3 characters
    Bwonsamdi
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Darion Morgraine
    Rexxar
    Gromm
    Lor'themar
    Yrel
    Medivh
    Garona
    Tirion

And most of all. the Saurfang brothers. They are an excellent representation of the orcish Horde.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

the lack of Anduin Lothar in this thread is disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    the lack of Anduin Lothar in this thread is disturbing
    lol he was my #1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordesnow View Post
    it's funny how the OP asks which are the Top heroes of warcraft and people come with names like Gul'dan, Arthas, Sylvanas
    Because heroes are personal to the individual and are not some generic term with one universal criteria or definition. All 3 of those characters you mentioned have done things in their lives which Warcraft fans can consider admirable or heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Arthas - great story and misunderstood victim
    2. Jaina - been around for ages and has a rational character arc
    3. Elune - for all her mystery
    4. Alexandros Mograine - for being a bada$$
    5. King Thoradin - for uniting his people and being a cool warrior
    6. Illidan - just being cool
    7. Fandral Staghelm - interesting fall from grace but also a historic hero
    8. Varian
    9. Turalyon
    10. Loganaar - for being my trainer for so many years

2-10 are in no particular order, I just threw up some people I liked but Arthas is definitely #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

In no particular order.

Mayla Highmountain
    Morka Bruggu
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Varok Saurfang
    Rexxar
    Jaina Proudmoore
    Vol'jin
    Maiev Shadowsong
    Velen
    Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    1. Nomi for securing the horde victory at teldrassil.

lol! thanks for the laugh
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Because heroes are personal to the individual and are not some generic term with one universal criteria or definition. All 3 of those characters you mentioned have done things in their lives which Warcraft fans can consider admirable or heroic.
    I Agree Sylvanas was a hero and Arthas too, but Gul'dan never was.

In no particular order apart from the first:

1.Garrosh
    2.Rommath
    3.Arthas
    4.Guldan
    5.Sylvanas
    6.Varian
    7.Bwomsandi
    8.Maiv
    9.Kaelthas
    10.Fandral Staghelm
    Honorable mention: Shaw is moving up to my list every patch now

I enjoy characters that go out there and do whatever they want because they want it no matter what others say. Be it heroic or villainous. I believe that's a heroic feat by itself even though most end up as lootbags

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    1. Arthas - great story and misunderstood victim
    2. Jaina - been around for ages and has a rational character arc
    3. Elune - for all her mystery
    4. Alexandros Mograine - for being a bada$$
    5. King Thoradin - for uniting his people and being a cool warrior
    6. Illidan - just being cool
    7. Fandral Staghelm - interesting fall from grace but also a historic hero
    8. Varian
    9. Turalyon
    10. Loganaar - for being my trainer for so many years

2-10 are in no particular order, I just threw up some people I liked but Arthas is definitely #1.

Isn't Arthas just Anakin skywalker re used in warcraft. The promised hero who was destined to lead his people(The alliance/The republic) to greatness, falls in love(jaina/padme), sacrafices everything by doing what he thinks is right and to save those he cares about(Anakin joining darkside and purging the jedi, arthas taking frostmourne and purging strat) and falls to darkness from it. Is later defeated and redeemed(anakin by his son/ Arthas by his father).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Isn't Arthas just Anakin skywalker re used in warcraft. The promised hero who was destined to lead his people(The alliance/The republic) to greatness, falls in love(jaina/padme), sacrafices everything by doing what he thinks is right and to save those he cares about(Anakin joining darkside and purging the jedi, arthas taking frostmourne and purging strat) and falls to darkness from it. Is later defeated and redeemed(anakin by his son/ Arthas by his father).
    There's a lot of similarities, sure, but purging Stratholme was objectively a rational, difficult choice and Arthas was manipulated by an outside force a lot more than Anakin was (I think). But yeah, you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No order since the list changes positions.

Tirion
    Thrall
    Saurfang
    Eitrigg
    Cairne
    Brann Bronzebeard
    Khadgar
    Velen
    Rexxar
    thalyssra

heroes I use to like but blizzard butchered their character badly:
    Jaina
    Yrel
    Tyrande

(People complain about thralls character being butchered, these ones have been butchered way worse)
    Same as this guy!

1. Anduin Lothar
    2. Uther the lightbringer
    3. Tyr
    4. Bolvar Fordragon
    5. Varian Wrynn
    6. Turalyon
    7. Rhonin
    8. Tirion Fording
    9. Alexandros Mograinne
    10. Thrall

I wish i had Gnome and a Tauren in my list:P

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yeah, the story’s are basically the same. Frozen Throne came out before Revenge of the Sith though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn i forgot about Lothar. Also its a list of Heros right ? Does Arthas Garrosh etc qualify? If so Arthas is definitely in.