10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, I don't agree with that. Don't get me wrong, game play has never been great, but people tend to tolerate average game play when the preconditions are met. The Witcher 3 comes to mind, basic, horrible game play, yet quite a few people like it due to the surrounding variables; the story, the graphics, the freedom, etc.

The global cooldown changes were a nuissance, but nothing game breaking, in my opinion.
    I haven't had any issues with Global cooldown changes. Just a bit downtime that makes it annoying BUT Legion had a similar problem so it's not wholy on BFA.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I think they need to change Halduron's look...
    He looked awesome in the Burning Crusade, and this should be his new look...
    Also he can get a new bow too...
    THE BURNING CRUSADE; (Classic Style if they decide to go that route after Classic with the Trilogy)
    [IMG]https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/e/ee/Halduron.jpg?version=8016923df88c103b26fa3c9885ac7b37[IMG]

MODERN STYLE UPDATE;
    [IMG]https://orig00.deviantart.net/63dc/f/2018/030/3/9/halduron_brightwing_by_valandy7-dc1p7vg.png[IMG]
    they might update him to that.

in the flashbacks during the heritage armor questline, he's dressed up in the blue version of that armor.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    But you're an incredibly terrible player as evident by your YouTube videos. You literally look like you're keyboard turning.

The GCD caters for terrible players by slowing the game down to a crawl. So does pruning.

No wonder you'd enjoy them artificially leveling the playing field for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes yes the tired old argument that more buttons doesn't equal more complexity.

Whilst I agree - utility has been absolutely gutted. Removing moments of glory and the feeling of "WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT".
    As long as people keep mentioning "rotations" being stale, I'll keep reminding them of the fact that pressing more buttons doesn't define complexity.

Which classes and what kind of utility? I played Rogue, Warrior and Warlock. Not once have either of those felt like having their utility "gutted". Give a concrete example of what you actually mean.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you actually going to tell me that a Warrior hasn't had it's utility gutted?
    What did warriors lose we had in Legion?

Things gained this xpac:
    Battle Shout: AP increase
    Rallying Cry is back as a raid CD.

Still trying to find the gutted utility. I still play my warrior since classic either as alt or main.
    But apart from being a weak tank and protection feeling clunky, i cant really find flaws with the other speccs

Are you actually going to tell me that a Warrior hasn't had it's utility gutted?
    Yes, I am.

I am also telling you that I think you're parroting non sense spread by the vocal minority.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Lets hope we get a PTR patch today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Lets hope we get a PTR patch today.
    I personally always hope for a Friday build as I can actually spend some time working on those on Fridays.

The Sea Priest fight and the Loa Council fight being tested on Thursday/Friday is soft confirmation of a build coming today or tomorrow, as I don't think the Sea Priest fight has any kind of models or voice files yet.

BE Heritage armor
    New island testing
    Shadow and Enhance changes

My sub is almost out, and I'm not seeing anything in 8.1 worth renewing for. If Blizz can make warfronts more geared towards pre-established groups and islands need better rewards / more structure.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The Sea Priest fight and the Loa Council fight being tested on Thursday/Friday is soft confirmation of a build coming today or tomorrow, as I don't think the Sea Priest fight has any kind of models or voice files yet.
    They've also changed the names of both fights. So I do very much expect a build later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    They've also changed the names of both fights. So I do very much expect a build later today.
    I realize now that I was wrong, and Laminaria (the elemental) and the main tidesage do have voicelines in. Not sure about the loa guys.

Laminaria is currently using the Aqu'sirr model which I'm not sure is a placeholder or not. I was hoping that it would be a unique model but it's still interesting that both the regular and corrupted tidesages can summon these tentacle-faced elementals. Maybe the "kraken faced god" isn't actually N'zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    BE Heritage armor
    New island testing
    Shadow and Enhance changes

My sub is almost out, and I'm not seeing anything in 8.1 worth renewing for. If Blizz can make warfronts more geared towards pre-established groups and islands need better rewards / more structure.
    Patch 8.1 is very underwhelming. Overall people will regret for thinking BFA will improve over time. You heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Patch 8.1 is very underwhelming. Overall people will regret for thinking BFA will improve over time. You heard it here first!
    There's never been a .1 patch that "saved" an expansion. Most if not all of them just unlocked shit that was already in the game (Terrace, Blackrock, Nighthold) and added quality of life things. I know there's no point in arguing with you about it but the meat and potatoes of almost every expansion (save Legion) is in their .2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There's never been a .1 patch that "saved" an expansion. Most if not all of them just unlocked shit that was already in the game (Terrace, Blackrock, Nighthold) and added quality of life things. I know there's no point in arguing with you about it but the meat and potatoes of almost every expansion (save Legion) is in their .2 patch.
    MoP 5.1 actually helped a lot to be honest and it came very soon after launch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    MoP 5.1 actually helped a lot to be honest and it came very soon after launch too.
    I'm not saying it didn't, but it didn't overhaul peoples thoughts and expectations on the expansion. That was Throne of Thunder. If Mists didn't have ToT it would absolutely be WoD/Cata tier for many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgetting that Blizzard wished ToT lasted longer before Siege sooooo yeah 5.1 was good yes but most people remember the questline that came with it that led to the Purge of Dalaran.

Also 5.1's questline was weekly much like the WoD campaign and Order Hall questline. It was weekly, also 5.1 brought dailies which is just primordial world quests. It was certainly a good patch vs 6.1 but so was Legion's patch to...and so will BFA's but that means little. Even MoP had a lot of complaining about reputation being locked behind another rep's dailies and such. It was fixed in 5.1.

Gating mechanics were around even in Mist.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-10-17 at 03:50 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I personally always hope for a Friday build as I can actually spend some time working on those on Fridays.
    Probably today, if they dont have bosses in in the required state?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Forgetting that Blizzard wished ToT lasted longer before Siege sooooo yeah 5.1 was good yes but most people remember the questline that came with it that led to the Purge of Dalaran.

Also 5.1's questline was weekly much like the WoD campaign and Order Hall questline. It was weekly, also 5.1 brought dailies which is just primordial world quests. It was certainly a good patch vs 6.1 but so was Legion's patch to...and so will BFA's but that means little. Even MoP had a lot of complaining about reputation being locked behind another rep's dailies and such. It was fixed in 5.1.

Gating mechanics were around even in Mist.
    5.1 was honestly pretty content light if I recall. It was the Karasang update, and more dailies in an expansion that was far too flooded with dailies.

Hell 4.1 was just the two revamped Zul dungeons.

Heck we haven't had a truly massive .1 patch since 3.1 introduced Ulduar and the Argent Tournament, and 2.1 introduced Black Temple.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2018-10-17 at 06:24 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    5.1 was honestly pretty content light if I recall. It was the Karasang update, and more dailies in an expansion that was far too flooded with dailies.

Hell 4.1 was just the two revamped Zul dungeons.

Heck we haven't had a truly massive .1 patch since 3.1 introduced Ulduar and the Argent Tournament, and 2.1 introduced Black Temple.
    Shhh, havent you got the memo? BfA is the worst, compared to everything, even WoD is amazing suddenly.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Probably today, if they dont have bosses in in the required state?
    Early warning signs are pointing to today, yeah.