Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Bear spray, bloody brawls at Patriot Prayer versus Antifa

Is it just me or does that look like fun? How many people show up because it seems fun to them?

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...march_cal.html

Warning: This post contains graphic content

A demonstration billed as a march for "law and order" in the streets of Portland descended into chaos as rival political factions broke into bloody brawls downtown Saturday night.

Members of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer and their black-clad adversaries, known as antifa, used bear spray, bare fists and batons to thrash each other outside Kelly's Olympian, a popular bar on Southwest Washington Street.

The melee, which lasted more than a minute, ended when riot cops rushed in and fired pepper balls at the street fighters.

Kelly's Olympian Brawl
    The Portland Police Bureau reported seeing protest and counter-protest participants outfitted with hard knuckle gloves, knives and firearms earlier in the evening. Police said they made no arrests Saturday night, but will continue to investigate.

The wild scene unfolded amid mounting tensions among both groups, fueled in part by a pair of national news stories.

A march in Portland against police brutality last week drew headlines after law enforcement's hands-off approach to the event was blamed for an encounter between protesters and an elderly driver, which outraged many, including Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson and his supporters.

On Friday, viral video surfaced showing members of the Proud Boys, a right-wing fraternal organization, beating two or three protesters in New York City after an event at the Republican Party headquarters. Police, however, arrested the protesters.

Portland driver at center of viral protest video says he just wanted to escape

"Admittedly, I might have given them the one-finger salute when I rolled up," Kent Houser, 74, told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

It was against this backdrop that Gibson, who counts a number of Proud Boys among his ranks, organized the so-called "Flash march for Law and Order in PDX" — ostensibly to protest Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and his oversight of the city's police force.

Waving American flags and breaking into patriotic chants, Gibson and about three dozen people set off to a street memorial for Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man shot and killed by police, an incident that prompted last week's march.

As they arrived at the vigil on Southwest Fourth Avenue and Harvey Milk Street, they were met by a large group of counter-demonstrators chanting "Black Lives Matter."

The two sides exchanged taunts and threats as police stood by and warned against physical confrontation.

About 20 minutes later, the violence erupted.

Below is a detailed timeline of events from the evening.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I may not like those right wing guys and the proud boys in any way,shape of form
    But Antifa and BLM had no right to attack them,once again,they prove that they're nothing more than domestic terrorists

i just hope the right leaning guys don't take it too far in their reprisal. that's when you become a clip on the news, aiding the leftwing's campaigning.

antifa beating people and making streets look like third world shitholes? no media coverage at all. proud boy trashes some cunt while he's already downed? it'd be all over cnn.

defend yourselves, but if they go down, don't fucking do anything else.

but i have to say, it is funny as hell to watch those pathetic soyboys get their asses beaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Love it when a bunch of far right goons attack people and the people they attack get arrested and the police don't even protect the victims.

And ya'll surprised when people start to become more aggressive towards the far right nutjobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I may not like those right wing guys and the proud boys in any way,shape of form
    But Antifa and BLM had no right to attack them,once again,they prove that they're nothing more than domestic terrorists
    If a group is known for attacking people like yourself, its only logical to beat down the fash before they get a chance to do it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Love it when a bunch of far right goons attack people and the people they attack get arrested and the police don't even protect the victims.

And ya'll surprised when people start to become more aggressive towards the far right nutjobs.
    antifa starts it ALMOST every single time.

you start the shit, you get arrested. it doesn't matter if you started something with people more than capable of beating your skinny cuck ass, you still started it.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-10-14 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    antifa starts it every single time.

you start the shit, you get arrested. it doesn't matter if you started something with people more than capable of beating your skinny cuck ass, you still started it.
    lol I saw the vids of what happend in NYC, they where beating on random people.
    Cut your bullshit.

We have come to a point where anybody part of a far right group deserves a beat down if they go out in groups, its obvious what they are planning on doing, its self defense.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cut your bullshit.

We have come to a point where anybody part of a far right group deserves a beat down if they go out in groups, its obvious what they are planning on doing, its self defense.
    A preemptive attack isn’t quite how self defense works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    A preemptive attack isn’t quite how self defense works.
    I have a different opinion of that, like attacking the brown-shirts in 30s Germany.

Cut your bullshit.

yes of course, you've got one video of them being in the wrong now, compared to the 100+ of antifa doing the exact same shit, so now it's all the right starting it of course.

i called that kind of behavior up above. it's so predictable.

neither side should actually be fighting in the streets, and if it were up to me, i'd have riot police between both sides from the start of these protests. anyone tries to get out of line, they're get an authorized beating and spend the next month in jail without bond.

Deleted
    deserves a beat down if they go out in groups, its obvious what they are planning on doing, its self defense.
    This is the exact same logic racists use to justify preemptive violence against Muslims

Look in the mirror

This is where the "punch a Nazi" bullshit has brought us - more violence on the streets

Let me make this clear: if you endorse violence - from either side - you're a deplorable evil person

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a different opinion of that, like attacking the brown-shirts in 30s Germany.
    Wow, I didn’t know you were over 100 years old. Good on you for being so active in your old age.

7+ Year Old Account
    More progressive liberal mobs, funny none of this is attempted down south as most of us carry, and well. they only attack helpless people like true cowards. the Dem party, the new MOB call them by their true name.

Doubt the people that are fighting all the time care about political views.
    They're just there to fight.

Both sides are pretty fucking dumb.

It's this attitude that one side did NOTHING wrong and was unjustly targeted by police that spawns more of this bullshit. Both sides are in the wrong, and you saw a 68 second clip of what I assume was a much longer "protest" or whatever all these idiots involved (both sides are IDIOTS BTW) in. Quit playing victim.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not only is it still not self defence it also didn’t help in the 30’s attacking people doesn’t tend to push back ideas it makes people sympathetic to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah okay. They showed up to disrupt things and got what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    antifa starts it every single time.
    I live out here so I get to see/hear about this stuff firsthand, this is not true. Also there are numerous news reports for you to look through that indicate otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Doubt the people that are fighting all the time care about political views.
    They're just there to fight.

Both sides are pretty fucking dumb.
    Portland is pretty political, there have been protests/marches about random shit every Friday since I moved out here.

Deleted
    You're not the hero in a grand narrative of oppression, this is real life not your own narcissistic moral fantasy - and in this real life, you're just someone endorsing attacking people on the streets like a thug

It's kind of like WWII. There's Nazis and then People Fighting Nazis, you know, "good people on both sides."

Deleted
    The US really needs to get its shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    You're not the hero in a grand narrative of oppression, this is real life - and in this real life, you're just someone endorsing attacking people on the streets like a thug
    Let me assure you that Proud Boys are no angels. I'm not even certain why some people here are trying to argue otherwise.