Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Blizz tank BFA?

As each day passes with this expansion, the more I feel that blizz should just almost halt their efforts on BFA and just work on a clean slate. I've been a loyal sub since the end of 2007, only being un-subbed for two small periods in Wrath and cata. Yet I am very close to pressing that un-sub button, and not even out of anger, but apathy.

Only raids and dungeons are fun, pretty much how I felt in WoD. But unlike WoD, BFA has this grind for the Heart of Azeroth, that keeps you on a weekly checklist to keep up with the game. The reward however, is underwhelming, unlike Legion. In WoD, I logged on, raided, did some easy garrison stuff, and I was free to do whatever I want afterwards. With BFA, I'm forced to chase a carrot that I will never get, it seems.

System changes, from classes to gearing. Why do I feel like I down-leveled when I got to 120? What was the point of raising the cap if you got nothing new? Why weren't the main artifact abilities made baseline for all specs? And on to gearing. Why does blizz think the way people in guilds want to loot is an issue? Why must it be forced? Does blizz think choice is a bad thing? Where are the badge vendors? I'm not even going to go into Azerite itself, but I believe it is the biggest misstep that blizz has made in a long time.

And finally, how the devs communicate and present themselves. They just seem so arrogant, and... out of touch. Every answer they make tries to assure the playerbase that things will get better, but they haven't really shown how. They almost seem to believe that if you don't agree with them, that's too bad, cause we are right anyway. A very poor way to present oneself imo.

There just seems to be so much wrong with this expansion that I believe blizz should stop and look at everything that has gone wrong, (if they believe that they are wrong), try to either end or drastically change BFA in a short manner, and work on the next addon. BFA doesn't even have a target audience, whether casual or hardcore or w/e.

In any case, sorry for such a long post or rant, and I know nothing I've said is new to what people think. It's just really disappointing to me to see this game in a state that it is, especially since put a couple hundred hours to my main character. BFA is making MISS WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I know nothing I've said is new to what people think.
    So why bother?

I know nothing I've said is new to what people think
    Then why say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Out of the many justified complaints towards BfA, the HoA AP really isn't one. All you need to keep up is the two outer rings and that requires below-casual levels of "dedication".

People are getting so hysterical about BFA. Yeah, it has issues, but people are acting like the entire expansion is horrible because some items suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Out of the many justified complaints towards BfA, the HoA AP really isn't one. All you need to keep up is the two outer rings and that requires below-casual levels of "dedication".
    Yeah, it's not. But its the fact that you keep leveling your neck up for traits you've already seen before, even from leveling. I could've made that point more clear but the issue is the "reward" you get for keeping up your neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    As each day passes with this expansion, the more I feel that blizz should just almost halt their efforts on BFA and just work on a clean slate. I've been a loyal sub since the end of 2007, only being un-subbed for two small periods in Wrath and cata. Yet I am very close to pressing that un-sub button, and not even out of anger, but apathy.

Only raids and dungeons are fun, pretty much how I felt in WoD. But unlike WoD, BFA has this grind for the Heart of Azeroth, that keeps you on a weekly checklist to keep up with the game. The reward however, is underwhelming, unlike Legion. In WoD, I logged on, raided, did some easy garrison stuff, and I was free to do whatever I want afterwards. With BFA, I'm forced to chase a carrot that I will never get, it seems.

System changes, from classes to gearing. Why do I feel like I down-leveled when I got to 120? What was the point of raising the cap if you got nothing new? Why weren't the main artifact abilities made baseline for all specs? And on to gearing. Why does blizz think the way people in guilds want to loot is an issue? Why must it be forced? Does blizz think choice is a bad thing? Where are the badge vendors? I'm not even going to go into Azerite itself, but I believe it is the biggest misstep that blizz has made in a long time.

And finally, how the devs communicate and present themselves. They just seem so arrogant, and... out of touch. Every answer they make tries to assure the playerbase that things will get better, but they haven't really shown how. They almost seem to believe that if you don't agree with them, that's too bad, cause we are right anyway. A very poor way to present oneself imo.

There just seems to be so much wrong with this expansion that I believe blizz should stop and look at everything that has gone wrong, (if they believe that they are wrong), try to either end or drastically change BFA in a short manner, and work on the next addon. BFA doesn't even have a target audience, whether casual or hardcore or w/e.

In any case, sorry for such a long post or rant, and I know nothing I've said is new to what people think. It's just really disappointing to me to see this game in a state that it is, especially since put a couple hundred hours to my main character. BFA is making MISS WoD.
    I'll answer to your title as most of the things has been discussed so many times before.

And no, they shouldn't tank the game. That would be a higher loss than pissing off their fans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you think the next expansion will save the game from the current state?

Blizzard is just implementing ideas that they like, holding back the most noxious ones until the time is right. Soon, you'll have flight finally removed, for example.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will never ever get an expansion out faster than two years.

And 22 months with no new content wouldn't be a "fresh slate," it'd be a death sentence for WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    People are getting so hysterical about BFA. Yeah, it has issues, but people are acting like the entire expansion is horrible because some items suck.
    Pretty much this. It has become a huge circlejerk and people whine because they like BfA to suck, the thought of always-right-me vs. the evil devs.

Sure, it has problems. Each expansion had such problems. Blizzard works on those and we will see change eventually. None of the problems greatly lessen the fun I personally have at the moment though.

So doing another WOD? No thank you. The design flaws are not nearly as core and gameplay-destroying as garrisons. They are almost all centered around mechanisms that will go away in the next expansion anyway, like azerite gear.

No, Blizzard shouldn't "tank" or end BfA because you and other people dislike it. If you really don't enjoy BfA or any game for that matter just quit. Unsub.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, Blizzard shouldn't "tank" or end BfA because you and other people dislike it. If you really don't enjoy BfA or any game for that matter just quit. Unsub.
    It's an addiction.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's an addiction.
    The only reason I don't is because I still enjoy raiding with my guild. Though they are even starting to feel the burnout as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's an addiction.
    Video game "addiction" isn't real.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

i really think they working on something big , another big game to come in the years to come

i really think that WoW passed from a a-star team to a B team and now a C team, they just release some patch there and there to lets peoples dont rage too high and eventually the next big game will come

Yeah, it's not. But its the fact that you keep leveling your neck up for traits you've already seen before, even from leveling. I could've made that point more clear but the issue is the "reward" you get for keeping up your neck.
    You keep levelling up your neck not only for the fact it grows in ilvl when it levels up, but so you can wear azerite gear with higher ilvl.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The only reason I don't is because I still enjoy raiding with my guild. Though they are even starting to feel the burnout as well.
    Yeah, that's addiction dude: You enjoy yourself you play, you don't you do something else. This is like Life 101. You don't want something to "tank" if you don't like it, that's not how life works - unless you want to end up in jail getting rammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Video game "addiction" isn't real.
    I've had it. I think I'll trust myself more than what Pebrocks the Warlock says. You do what you want though, gl.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It's bad but nowhere near that bad.. you guys act way too hysertical.

If you feel forced to grind AP endlessly, then you're either a world first raider or have an unhealthy relationship with the game. Legion's AP grind was just as underwhelming, there was not an infinite amount of interesting traits (in fact most of the traits weren't very interesting to begin with) - once you hit a certain point all it gave was a minuscule increase in power.

I agree that we should have gotten a level 120 talent or something, though.

Ultimately this is correct:
    They almost seem to believe that if you don't agree with them, that's too bad
    They clearly have a certain design philosophy for the game. They may make tweaks if certain things truly seem to cause a problem or don't work like they intended, but they probably aren't going to change their entire philosophy just because some people make forum posts and quit. Even if the dreaded Ion Hazzikostas quit or got moved to a different game, I don't think anything would change. If you don't like the way the game is, the best thing is to take a break and distance yourself from it, maybe never come back if you decide you don't want to.