Thread: 8.1 pvp nerfs

Deleted

8.1 pvp nerfs

So while we pray or buffs in 8.0 PvP, Blizzard seems to have new pain in store for us ...

Decomposing Aura gone for Frost DK (the only thing close to a mortal strike effekt, and allowing us to kill somebody despite our non-existing burst. BoS is too easy to counter, Lichborn will most likely not fix that)
    Tundra Stalker gone (to get the damage plus you had to sacrifice damage before, but I was looking forward to the new Deathchill)
    Overpowered Rune Weapon gone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svS8r_dp4ns (jump to 15:55)

Chill Streak buffed, but with the low bounce radius and the mobility existing this ability will never deliver.
    Lichborn. Completely useless at the end of the day, besides against melee pure cleaves. Maybe.
    Wake up guys and cry out. We need a competent person that plays the class to make changes, not a numbers crunching data scientist.

We have been crying out. It doesn't help. Only thing that helps is to play another class for pvp.
    DK faceroll omnomnom

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    We have been crying out. It doesn't help. Only thing that helps is to play another class for pvp.
    Yup, this right here is why I’m playing a demon hunter and leveling an enh shaman

theres literally no way we can get nerfed because we are already at the bottom.

They added another new PvP talent for Frost on ptr:

Dead of Winter: After your Remorseless Winter deals damage 5 times to a target, they are Stunned for 4 sec. However, your Remorseless Winter's cooldown is increased by 25 sec and its radius is reduced to 5 yards.

It looks like the theme for the new frost talents is "talents that actually make your abilities worse".

Deleted
    Unless they make frost dmg really OP like current fire mage, there is no way frost will become viable in pvp this xpac. Purely because it lacks the tool kit, all frost has is mediocre dmg, 1 stun and DG, even BM hunter's pet has better tool kit than that. Every xpac blizzard has only pruned frost without adding any ability. Best thing you can do is make tons of forum post during 9.0 alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post

Dead of Winter: After your Remorseless Winter deals damage 5 times to a target, they are Stunned for 4 sec. However, your Remorseless Winter's cooldown is increased by 25 sec and its radius is reduced to 5 yards.

It looks like the theme for the new frost talents is "talents that actually make your abilities worse".
    Yup pretty standard. Mained DK until legion and tried it once more in BFA and i dont think i've ever seen another class in such a sorry steaming pile of shit state for pvp. Like ele shamans have had some really low lows, but they have always at least had meme burst potential. Shadow priest are in a clown fiesta spot too but at least they can be super tanky with perma 20% DR wall up. Aff locks have meme drain life and huge dmg if somehow left untouched. DKs are worthless no matter how you spin it.

What do DKS bring besides death grip and a brez (which is really only pve)? Why would you ever want to play a frost DK over any other melee class in the game? Dont bring off heals, dont bring buffs, dont have disarms, worst mobility in the game, Worst self sustain, lowest amount of utility, no mortal strike effect, weak defensive cooldowns.

Like with this talent you basically have to use a precious pvp talent slopt to gain a shittier version of chaos nova/legsweep that also has a rampup and a smaller radius and makes gathering storm (the standard pvp talent in that row) fucking unusuable because of the CD increase. Why does this have to be the theme of DKs? Why does "heres a standard talent effect but in addition to that, a huge fucking negative". Its so fucking sickening.

Compare Renewal to Death Pact

1.5 min CD vs 2 minute CD
    30% heal vs 20% total heal (50%-30% self necrotic)
    Death Pacts necrotic effect is not affected by dampening/MS effects but the actual heal is

The new lichborne talent on its own would still be shitty but ofc that wouldnt be the end of it, so it also replaces IBF! So now its even MORE shitty. Good one blizzard!

It is almost like whoever is designing the new Frost DK talents is going about it in exactly the wrong way. Blizzards stated design philosophy has always been that you first make things fun then you worry about the numbers. The new Frost DK talents are just not fun. I look at them and hope they don't turn out to be strong because I would hate to have to use them. Why would you want to be running a talent that made doing your world quests slower with war mode enabled? or a talent that reduced your attack speed and snared you whenever you used your strongest defensive?

Contrasting with the new Windwalker talents:
    Alpha Tiger: Attacking new challengers with Tiger Palm fills you with the spirit of Xuen, granting you 30% haste for 8 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 sec per target.
    Pressure Points: Touch of Death also applies Fatal Wounds to the target, and if the target dies from Touch of Death's damage or with Touch of Death active, the cooldown is reset.
    Reverse Harm: Heals a friendly target for 8% of their maximum health, and causes 100% of the amount healed to instantly be dealt to the nearest enemy as Nature damage within 5 yards.
    Turbo Fists: Fists of Fury now deals full damage to all targets hit, reduces all targets movement speed by 90%, and you Parry all attacks while channelling Fists of Fury.
    Wind Waker: When you or allies with your Windwalking are snared, the snare is instantly removed and they become immune to snares for 4 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 sec per target.

I know pretty little about Windwalker PvP but the talents at least look interesting. 30% haste for 8 seconds whenever you switch targets, I'd gladly take that. Passive snare removal and immunity for your team, Touch of Death applying a 50% healing reduction debuff, Fists of Fury getting stronger cleave, 100% parry and a 90% snare for the duration all from a single talent (given that Fists of Fury has almost the exact same cooldown and purpose as Remorseless Winter the contrast here is pretty striking). Whoever designed the Windwalker talents should get a medal, they look fun and they all suggest different playstyles. Going to blow someone up? Take Pressure Points, planning on doing a lot of fast target swaps, Alpha Tiger has you covered.

I am not having a go at Windwalkers here, they need some love too and hopefully these changes help them out but even if they don't at the very least these look like a fun set of talents. The point is, given the choice between having a bunch of interesting and fun talents and then being balanced around that or having a bunch of annoying talents that make playing less fun and then being balanced around that the first is always going to be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post

Pretty much, I prefer Unholy over Frost but still it made me almost laugh that they looked at something like All will serve...they weakest and least picked talent in its branch...threw it in with two talents that were taken a lot (One for PvE the other for PvP) and decided to nerf it more...then wonder why it doesn't perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    Yup, this right here is why I’m playing a demon hunter and leveling an enh shaman
    Joined the cool kid by leveling up rogue class

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    Honestly, I dont think this is true. Go to official forums and check how much the shamans have been whining, and how much the priests have been whining before that, and locks back in legion etc etc.. DKs are awfully silent compared to other classes on official forums and sadly only constant whiners get attention from blizzard.