Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMonk View Post
    So you’re saying you have no idea because you didn’t play vanilla. Yup that’s what I’m seeing.
    I'm saying this as a 30 year old who played Vanilla since day one and even before when I emulated the beta without NPCs and was just running around looking at cities and locations. I finished the 40ppl Naxx before the TBC and everything you could think of. Well, may be except High Warlord title, stopped at just Warlord because I was playing druid and we didn't care about weapons at all except few stats on them.
    Yes, I know what I'm talking about.

The most different thing is that we didn't had anything to compare old WoW to, but now we have retail WoW that is better in every way (even if you don't like it). It was new, it was amazing, but it's like starting living in a cave instead of a warm house with a wi-fi.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2018-10-15 at 09:46 AM.

Asmongold is right on many many points, pretty much all of the major ones.
    I disagree with him on the topic of pvp gear and reforging (always hated both) but he is right about all that he says about BFA.

BFA is both just a gambling sham as well as a genuinely boring and badly designed game.
    Playerbase would be OK with the game being one or the other - but you can make a sh*t product AND fill it to the brim with gambling bullshite...

Deleted
    Our god and messiah Amonbald need to be a CM. Hell give him a position at the company. Blizz is BLEEDING subs and people like asmon know what is needed to bring it back to the glory days. Asmon is 110% right in his vid, we need to GO BACK. Or the game we love are gonna go the same route as Bless online.

i easy agree on asmongold right and i do hope classes gona rise up becus sylivanas was right abut one thing and that is the classes has forgot what made their class strong like hunter, shaman and druid but try to remember this is not abut numbers of damage this is abut the class like hunter becus no matter how high that damage is it still does not play like a hunter

Hunter
    Marksman: you tell marksman to snipe a strong blow the only thing u gona see is a marksman that is now running around and shot rapid fire, steady shot alot then to bring heavy damage aimed shot that is the only ability that feels like a marksman the rest is screwed becus marksman tryes to be more mobility then it should be! it should damage more by standing still and lose damage when they move

beast master: dont fight along side pet they just shoot to wait for a shout on pet ability/kill command then use a orange glowing aura to attack does not feel like beast master
    Rexxar needs to teach beast master how to be beast master again....

survival: you sneak around with your pet to take advantage of nature then for some reason you jumps in with harpoon and throws bomb and combind attack with pet! wait how is that anything to do with survival! combind attack with pet u sure this is not beast master?
    does not help barrage feels wrong for the class aswell y hunter forgot what makes hunter a hunter! legion artifect weapon screwed up the lore to hunter to be worse

Shaman: 1 thing first in past the totem feels like they did something now it just feels meh the totems are there i guess and summon a elemental from time to time

Elemental: there is probly a rotation but u wuld be confused and to many of the ability u can use seems like it is needed for the rotation! so cant say much becus not even a guide wuld make me want to play elemental

Enhancement:
    they got a rotation that works and they got dire beast i meen feral spirit but the ability should atleast try to make it feel like all of your attack show some elemental meele animation to wuld be fun to look at for a while other then that is is fine just numbers....

restoration sry dont play healer cant give the right info

Druid
    you can be animals that most open up some fun possibility for creative cool looking ability

bear form i see alot slash going around the bear form no new animation just feel lazy maby swipe should just be a stomp to give a new animation instead of claw marks in a circle when your bear pretty much gives animation that it hits the enemy in front.. thats it..maby furbolg bear form should take over all bear form to make it feel stronger

cat form pretty much the same as bear form with animation does not feels any diffrent

moonkin form nothing to be said here it feels like a moonkin

resto i dont play healer so no clue but culd be fun if the treant form was base form to healer thats it

Meele class in general not monk but all others they got pretty much the same animation with a diffrent color around them all attacks looks the same and feels the same jumping from warrior to dk or paladin wont feel much diffrent when u gona fight since they all use the same attack animation in the past it is ok
    but as the years go should atleast try to do something abut meele animation it 2018 soon 2019 this animation been the same since vanilla
    but 1 last thing not all dps spec should be based on arena pvp like marksman hunter if you catch the drift!
    i wuld say rouge aswell but rouge feels so complex and strange to me that i can never get into it even my lvl 70 rouge twink is not fun to play after wod,legion and bfa so probly deleting that rouge becus of the changes + classic wow is proboly the only thing that gona make that rouge fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Grind for epic mount is vastly overrated. I managed to do it as a complete nub, will take me no time at all if I get to 60 on classic. Grinding 5 mans for pre raid bis and herbing will be more than enough gold.
    Yeah, you're right. It just felt like an adventure to young me. Of course I understand that stuff like that will not entertain me now even in the slightest.

I agree with him, I can't stand the PvP system now. Grinding your conquest cap to get an already set-in item? I don't want gloves for my 2nd item, I want to pick the next item. So far the first 6 items I've gotten have been disenchanted whilst I'm still using a 330 ring, how about letting us pick the next item like the good old days.

The game has gotten far too RNG, everything is RNG, nothing in this game at the moment you get to pick yourself apart from quest rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of hate towards him seems a bit unjust, he's clearly passionate and very articulate (try recording a video like that with out any shitty cuts that are all the rage).
    Sure he does have his spergy moments but all this does is prove he's human, he also says a lot of things for entertainment. It's called satire - which appears to be lost on a lot of snowflakes.

Half the problem with the game is the community - "this guy is a cunt, therefor I will ignore him" - pretty typical of our society. Even cunts come up with good ideas occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Hitchens
    Its not just the right of the person who speaks to be heard, it is the right of everyone in the audience to listen and to hear, and every time you silence somebody you make yourself a prisoner of your own action because you deny yourself the right to hear something.
    If the community can't do it with their own - how can you expect the developers to listen to YOU!?

I listen, I hear, I agree or disagree. In this case I agree with what he's saying. Wow and games in general are turning into slot machines. The new AC game you can literally purchase character advancement. The whole industry is a joke, designed around dopamine release for all the wrong reasons.

At present I have no way to advance my character, no meaningful goal other than playtime and hope. It's disgusting. The fact that the class design is terrible and the azerite system is utter trash are just icing on the cake.

Deleted
    I am really not a fan of asmongold, he is always whining and negative, although some of the points he is making are valid points, half the video he moaned about RNG which isn't anything specific to BFA features. Titanforging was massively nerfed in BFA although I agree with the point of fulfillment, adding game re-playability to trivial content isn't necesarily a bad thing so the intention there isn't bad maybe the implementation could have been better as targeting loot is really difficult atm. But I think if you have reached the point where you are feeling it is a gamble and youre not getting any fulfilment maybe take a break or try taking the game more in moderation.

When is assmongler making his reaction video to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Deleted
    I think it’s evident he doesn’t hate the game. He loves it and sees the flaws in it (as opposed to being in love where you only see the good things). If you watched his streams you would know he is very passionate about the game and wants more people to play it. He wants the game to do well.

The problem is that over time the design choices have actually started to reek of utter disrespect towards the passionate ones. Yes, they’re a business and “a sub is a sub”, but with the last few expansions it has never been as blatant. Providing excitement has taken precedence over creating avenues for fulfilment, a fun game designed by passionate gamers is now an exercise in analytics and spreadsheets (hence all this streamlining). Of course they have always wanted people to stay subbed for as long as possible, but the psychology behind the current design is just something ominous and evil. They have doubled down on RNG, not allowing anyone to get too far ahead, one-dimensional class design, etc.

Now, I do think this is more an issue with the higher-ups than the developers. I wholeheartedly agree that a more profitable game does not a more fun one make, because people are weak mentally, impulsive etc. Also many of us will continue being subbed because of social reasons. But the design philosophy is just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Reasonable complaints aside, I agree and this is one of the things that puzzle me; how could someone stay subbed for WoD, but now - after supposedly being subscribed for over a decade - they decided to quit because the game is bad. Whatever is bad in BfA has been, at one or multiple points, been bad in the past across one or more expansions.

People are either dishonest or they have some extremely niche standards for what they find to be fun or not, resulting in overreactions. I get it, someone will quit because their favourite classes don't feel good, because the main selling points (ie AR, island expeditions, warfronts) aren't matching their expectations, because they think the story is really bad or because they simply aren't having fun overall, but to say that there was more reason to stay subbed in, say, the post-HFC shitshow than there is now is just ridiculous to me.

PS o7 Snake
    I think they are just tired of the game. It happened to me in almost every expansion except MoP. I take a break, think I'm done with WoW, so I can finally move on to other things, then an expansion releases, and before I realize it, 2 months have passed and I have gained 25 kilos. That's how good the game is. It always draws you back in. Think about how many hours each and every one of us has played in every single expansion. I'm probably already at around 600 hours for this expansion, having leveled 4 characters to 120, with 2 more on the way. I wouldn't do that if the game sucked.

o7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I just dont understand the argument "I dont like random drops. I want to buy an upgrade at the end of the week from a vendor" "classic loot was so much better you needed 10 weeks to farm your chest"

I havent watched the complete video, maybe he explains more about it. He definetly needs a script or cut his videos to make them watchable for non fans. Maybe he has some solid points, but what hasn't been said at this point?^^
    he does, at classic u had 10% chance of chest to drop for example, and if that chest drop, it is 100% the item u wanted, now there is 10% chance chest drop of boss (or loot chest or whatever), now add to it another 10% chance it get titanforged, then 10% it has the traits u want, so classic had rng that was far more fair, an actual 10% of item that is 100% useful upgradable for u, now the chance u get the item that u truly want is 0.01%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Here is Asmongolds response to people telling him to quit:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmi7b

This bit is the gold:

"The second and main point I want to address is the question of "if you don't like the game, why don't you unsub?" I've gotten this a lot today and I'd like to give my perspective on why I don't feel that this is a solution. I consider it an intellectually lazy and dismissive response used to invalidate someone's concerns by creating a faux "gotcha" moment."

Specifically one of the people on his original post telling him to quit was "towelliee". If you thought Asmongold was an irrelevent neckbeard then this dudes on a whole new level.

Paging @towelliee. How's it feel to be the games biggest shill and to get shut down, again? How about you stop trying to claim this game doesn't have issues.
    i disagree with his view about 'not quit', for start i have zero plan to stop wow forever, but they really listen only to their wallet now, quit now, make them understand something is seriously wrong, then maybe wow won't have the same fate that diablo 3 is having since ages
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    he does, at classic u had 10% chance of chest to drop for example, and if that chest drop, it is 100% the item u wanted, now there is 10% chance chest drop of boss (or loot chest or whatever), now add to it another 10% chance it get titanforged, then 10% it has the traits u want, so classic had rng that was far more fair, an actual 10% of item that is 100% useful upgradable for u, now the chance u get the item that u truly want is 0.01%
    The azerite pieces can't titanforge. I have a honest question: are the traits set (meaning if you get a specific azerite piece from a specific boss, you know the traits you'll get) or not?

And of course Asmongold won't quit WoW. It's his very profitable source of income and he's pretty successful at it. A lot of burned out LoL streamers experienced the same thing, like Dyrus: they kept streaming the game they hated because their other streams weren't as successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Indeed - therefore, there should be no reason to reward players who primarily do 'solo content' with gear that is applicable to M+ or raids.
    Let each of these groups get better at doing the content they want to do and reward them in that context, instead of trying to mix everyone in the same pot, forcing both sides into content they really don't want to do.

Homogenisation of classes/content/rewards is great if you want to save development costs.
    But it really sucks for players.
    Diversity is good.
    Absolutely. All this streamlining of classes and systems is for profit reasons. Profit does not equal fun.
    There is no strict class development team anymore surely.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-10-15 at 11:01 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BFA is worse than WoD View Post
    Nope been raiding together since BC, most of us are in our late 20's, early 30's. We just have been feeling the game is shit for a while and the video really cemented it. We were talking about it and came to the conclusion that nobody was having fun so why play?
    I am trying to wrap my head around this.
    You needed a video to make the decision you don't like a videogame?

How do you decide what groceries you are getting?

It really sounds weird that you needed this video to get the wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Here is Asmongolds response to people telling him to quit:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmi7b

This bit is the gold:

"The second and main point I want to address is the question of "if you don't like the game, why don't you unsub?" I've gotten this a lot today and I'd like to give my perspective on why I don't feel that this is a solution. I consider it an intellectually lazy and dismissive response used to invalidate someone's concerns by creating a faux "gotcha" moment."

Specifically one of the people on his original post telling him to quit was "towelliee". If you thought Asmongold was an irrelevent neckbeard then this dudes on a whole new level.

Paging @towelliee. How's it feel to be the games biggest shill and to get shut down, again? How about you stop trying to claim this game doesn't have issues.
    OF COURSE he won't quit WoW, he would be without a job and unable to get a new one if he did. "Hmmm says here that your skills include playing video games and..recording yourself playing video games. I'm afraid we're going to have to decline your application for the position."

I eye rolled at the quote you gave. It was him attempting to save face, because he knows quitting IS the adult thing to do, but again hes not an idiot and knows if he does hes shooting himself in the foot. "Intellectually lazy and dismissive response" lawls, this has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with his bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    The azerite pieces can't titanforge. I have a honest question: are the traits set (meaning if you get a specific azerite piece from a specific boss, you know the traits you'll get) or not?
    Traits are set for each Azerite piece, they're not randomized.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Literally everything you said here is wrong. After reluctantly reading the nonsense that you wrote I feel like you must be joking. Raiding and M+ are carrying wow and the primary endgame. Simply look at the Mythic world first race or the MDI viewership on twitch. They are insanely popular. M+ is almost unanimously regarded as the single best addition to Legion and many say the best thing they've added to wow. Just because you're a delusional casual who would rather be antisocial and lurk around doing world quests does not mean that that's by any means representative of the majority of the community.
    and yet in last interview Ion said officialy that they dont give a single fuck about mythic race as its something made by players only by tiny miniscule number of most hardcore players.

so i am right and you are completly wrong

Lots of good points in the vid, some more relevant than others.

The one thing that stood up to me, and which explains everything, is this: Wow devs have their own vision of the game, and its direction. They make the game and base their decisions not on player experience and fun gameplay, but for what THEY believe the game should be like. And they don't like when people question their decisions, and usually, they don't have an answer for why system x works like this. It's what they felt like doing. You always hear in interviews " The team felt like X was an issue, or wasn't " .

The feeling of this game has long gone for me, it ended on top of Icecrown Citadel. Everything that followed was money-grabbing-content. The moment they began to understand that they can gate content for business purposes, that's where it ended. And they didn't stop at gating raids. They started ignoring player feedback, or rather prolonging feedback response.

Take class balances: Yea we know X class is underpowered, we'll fix it soon, not now. 1 month later, All damage increased by 3%. what the hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    OF COURSE he won't quit WoW, he would be without a job and unable to get a new one if he did. "Hmmm says here that your skills include playing video games and..recording yourself playing video games. I'm afraid we're going to have to decline your application for the position."

I eye rolled at the quote you gave. It was him attempting to save face, because he knows quitting IS the adult thing to do, but again hes not an idiot and knows if he does hes shooting himself in the foot. "Intellectually lazy and dismissive response" lawls, this has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with his bank account.
    oh my i love the response of wow players

i bet he wasnt ready for something like this

people nicely destroyed all his whining in such a simple and elegant manner

im proud of them