Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Traits are set for each Azerite piece, they're not randomized.
    Okay thanks, so sam86's points are even less valid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    everything to do with his bank account.
    You are saying it as if people do everything only for personal reasons. And I thought I was cynical... Epistemological apriorism is the name of your flaw. You ascribe your own traits to everyone else.

Similar case: If I were a poor man I could still criticize capitalism without there being any glimmer of envy towards the rich. Or criticizing a political regime as an outcast. Not always is there a personal agenda. Hopefully you understand that soon enough.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-10-15 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh my i love the response of wow players

i bet he wasnt ready for something like this

people nicely destroyed all his whining in such a simple and elegant manner

im proud of them
    He wasn't wrong though. And he is not even good at the actual WoW. He just runs around collecting transmogs from older content, pugging with viewers that give him stuff in sub-mythic raids and collecting mounts and toys from rares and stuff. This all while he is benched on mythic raids in his own guild.

I like his stream, I truly do and sympathize with his personality, but this is how it actually is.

Who is Asmongold?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Asmongold is the voice of high end players.
    That is not true. He represents a type of narcissistic player that feeds on putting others down. Nearly all of his rants come down to how Blizzard has weakened clear stratification, and how that weakens his 'divine right' to flaunt his 'superiority' and the adoration he 'deserves' from the plebs that should feel bad about themselves for being 'worthless noobs'. This is a huge difference with e.g. Preach, who just wants to accomplish things for the challenge, and hope others will have fun too.

Want the voice of the majority - try T&E.
    You underestimate that there are very many types of WoW players, and that no streamer represents them all

Fun fact: People whinge about everything, every single expansion ...
    That doesn't invalidate nor validates anything. Different players complain about different things thy care about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    He wasn't wrong though. And he is not even good at the actual WoW. He just runs around collecting transmogs from older content, pugging with viewers that give him stuff in sub-mythic raids and collecting mounts and toys from rares and stuff. This all while he is benched on mythic raids in his own guild.

I like his stream, I truly do and sympathize with his personality, but this is how it actually is.
    That's a thing I honestly am not able to comprehend. Asmongold is not an elite player (isn't pushing very high keys), doesn't provide a challenging content (clearing ToS with 25 warriors during BfA, collecting things, woohoo), spends the vast majority of his streams whining and ranting (and not in a funny way). Why does he have such a big viewerbase? I get that someone like Sodapoppin has big numbers: he plays feral very well in pvp and is relatively attractive. But Asmongold, the guy who ate on stream food infested by maggots?

I don't really like nonconstructive videos but he is a streamer and have to satisfy his viewers. I just gona assume hes avergae viewer is young, subs to WoW for a short time and just enjoys the "show" from the streamer.

Not sure what relevance this should have for the game or the playing playerbase.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Asmongold can be an ass but his real talks about the game are pretty accurate and I don't disagree with a single word he said.
    Pretty much sums it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Why does he have such a big viewerbase?
    He's got a great sense of humor and that appeals to people, in addition he's been playing a long time and knows his ****. Usually when he says there's a problem with something, or that Blizz are making a mistake, or that something needs to change, etc he's 100% spot on.

not for milions who play and enjoy game

you dont like game ? take you boy amon with you and both unsub if you dont like game instead trying to destroy it for milions who enjoy it.

luckily wow game devs agree with milions not with special snowflakes from twitch and forums

music to my ears is all this whiining from mythic crybabies who are not longer treated as special in wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

- - - Updated - - -

He's got a great sense of humor and that appeals to people, in addition he's been playing a long time and knows his ****. Usually when he says there's a problem with something, or that Blizz are making a mistake, or that something needs to change, etc he's 100% spot on.
    not really - he makes "content" provinding to most toxic elements in wow , its extremly vulgar and plebeian style of "entertainment"

saying asmongold is providing entertainment is like saying that jersey shore or one of its clones is providing entertainment

because both of them are providing stuff to as primitive audience as possible and on equaly primitive level

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I can understand his point of view, but my experience does not reflect his, mostly because I don't view gear as the goal. What Asmongold likes about the Vanilla/TBC era was the philosophy that time is what matters. If you put in enough time, you will get good gear. You step into raids to get the good gear. The difficulty wasn't to complete the raid, the difficulty was to have enough time to even get to a point where you are able to raid. And the end goal is to get all the best items.

I play WoW for the challenge, and gear is not a goal, it's a means to an end. Gear is what I need to be able to defeat the most challenging content. I don't have a lot of time, I could never enjoy a game like Vanilla or TBC in my life right now, because I can't grind and farm for hours every day. I have the time to raid a couple of times a week. For me, the current system where it's pretty easy to get into a raid but the raid itself is immensely challenging is exactly what I want and need. I need to be able to reroll and gear up a new character for the good of the guild in a few days, not a few months. I don't care about gear, I don't care about sitting on a mount in Ironforge and hope people will notice my cool armour that they don't have. I don't feel self validated by the opinions of others, I feel fulfillment and accomplishment when we down that mythic boss after wiping 60 times.
    The thing is as someone who DOES want to invest hours upon hours into the game i don't like the idea that I'm being artificially held back because someone is in danger of being left behind. The idea that I can never get the feeling of "completeness" because someone else only has an hour a day to play is really fatiguing in a way, its kinda like being stuck in heavy traffic versus nice open roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    That's a thing I honestly am not able to comprehend. Asmongold is not an elite player (isn't pushing very high keys), doesn't provide a challenging content (clearing ToS with 25 warriors during BfA, collecting things, woohoo), spends the vast majority of his streams whining and ranting (and not in a funny way). Why does he have such a big viewerbase? I get that someone like Sodapoppin has big numbers: he plays feral very well in pvp and is relatively attractive. But Asmongold, the guy who ate on stream food infested by maggots?
    Thats exactly why people attracted to his stream. They empathize with such average skilled neckbeard. Most of his speeches are also blatant trolling, but people take it seriously for some reason.
    He is actually a good guy a cares about his viewers.

Never understood this mantra of putting "streamers" or "youtubers" on a pedestal like their word is the almighty word.

I swear some people are so rabidly in love with them that they would follow them into oncoming traffic if they asked them to.

Make up your own opinion off the game instead of piggybacking off of someones who just does it for clicks and views.

And yes he does bandwagon. Let's not pretend he doesn't follow whichever way the herd is going for his clicks and views rather than having his own opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-15 at 11:42 AM.

I don't really care about him and his toxic community, i don't even want to talk about catering to this part of wow subreddit club in the video that would harass everyone that doesnt agree with him right of the bat. Community that harass wow writers, sending death threats when they dont like what certain character in the game storywise is doing(Nathanos fiasco where they started to go through every social media, making imgur posts with all the information of one of the main writers that wrote Nathanos character.)
    Watched him few times and only things he do besides fun transmog competitions or some pug raids is complaining and whining about the game, but he won't stop playing it and show an example that you can quit this game, because he's getting extra mad bucks from people complaining about wow via donations every stream. WoW/blizzard hating bias traing is on its prime and every content creator that joined this train get their views doubled since that.
    This whole allcraft podcast is another hate spread podcast that don't really include anything posivite stuff about stuff, just some vanilla circlejerking for the most part.

I personally think that azerite system is boring, not even talking about traits, i don't like gcd changes at all but pvp overall feels better but some chunk of this vocal circlejerking club is making this guy look like Mary Sue of Wow when he's full of shit himself and all this talks about wow while he won't do anything about it, makin some videos that will get him some bucks won't help wow but of course his genius will create a big paycheck later this month.

His community mostly contains toxic leftovers from Mitch Jones stream in its prime and old Soda stream community that spam cmonbruh or anything stupid through the whole streams, make drama and shiet.

It's just funny this whole situation and i enjoy my popcorn right now.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-10-15 at 11:43 AM.

Except for the fact he kept repeating himself(and therefore making the video 34 min long), he has a few decent points. The game feels a more shallow and is simplistic. Thats a design decision.

Its also obvious the RNG with loot and how much of it is becoming a issue. We are not far off having a Diablo style of loot system. You get alot of gear, most of it is useless so you gotta grind, grind, grind and hope for a item to drop, proc, proc again and then you have what you want. I dont like that style of loot. If a wep/piece drops, that item should be what you wanted. Not some TF/WF shite.

Blizzard probably by now knows players of today consume and play games differently. 10 years ago people would play one game for a longer period of time. Invest in a game. Now people want instant action, little to no commitment and fairly easy obtain rewards(gear, mounts, titles). Do that for 1-3 months, unsub, come back when new content is out. Repeat.

heck, people today use theyre own money for cosmetic rewards. Thats how gamers are today. Thats literally doing nothing in a game and getting rewarded.

Thats how ALOT of players are today. Blizzard also once said they are fine with people playing for a while, unsub and sub again later. They know it. therefore, the game is being buildt around that.

BTW - His(and other gamers/Streamers) obsession about being heard about every god damn thing in the game is sickening. Why this need to be heard? He and many others got all the right answers(with no responsibility ofc), but non of them do anything on the creative side. They just complain and demand to be heard. ALL of them. Like it actually matters.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-10-15 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    n
    you dont like game ? take you boy amon with you and both unsub if you dont like game instead trying to destroy it for milions who enjoy it.
    What? I actually like the game a lot and disagree with most of his statements in this video. Me liking his stream doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says. This post just makes you look stupid with your blatant categorization to "prove" your point.

I am capable of forming my own thoughts about any game I play. I need not rely on self-proclaimed experts. If you do, I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understood this mantra of putting "streamers" or "youtubers" on a pedestal like their word is the almighty word.

I swear some people are so rabidly in love with them that they would follow them into oncoming traffic if they asked them to.
    I don't follow the guy nor do i particulary like him or dislike him, this said, what i never really understood is why ppl focus more on the messenger than on the message. What he says is or isn't true? That's what should concern ppl.

From my part, i never felt the game so underwhelming in the past, not even in WoD, but opinions are opinions and tastes are tastes...

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is still up? Isn't advertisining against the rules here? Or are there exceptions for the big bois ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Thats exactly why people attracted to his stream. They empathize with such average skilled neckbeard. Most of his speeches are also blatant trolling, but people take it seriously for some reason.
    He is actually a good guy a cares about his viewers.
    Ok, thanks for the answer. Not my cup of tea but I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    So you're willing to play BFA, which is the lowest rated expansion ever, yet you are unwilling to play "shitty" Vanilla, one of the highest rated and most successful games ever made in any genre?

Its honestly amazing how people dismiss Vanilla as trash. The sales, long term retention numbers, player ratings, and critic ratings all beg to differ.
    Sure, it was one of the highest rated and most successful games ever made... 14 years ago. Back when it was competing with the likes of Runescape and Everquest.

I don't know if you've noticed under that rock you're living under. But the quality of games in general has improved significantly since that time. If you honestly think Classic WoW still holds up in 2018 and will be just as successful as it was back then, you're out of your damn mind.