Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    sure its well recieved on this site and amongs his followers, because he is saying all the right things to generate attention and clicks. Its a nice way to keep im current. I said in another post here that maybe wow and the gaming industry has changed(wont write how here again), and that people like asmongold feels unfulfilled and bored.

In short: People today consume content way different than before. They sub for a few months, get stuff, unsub. Sub again when new content comes. Unsub. repeat.
    Blizzard knows this and has said they are fine with people playing and subbing like this. Then they added this RNG grindfest for people who will never unsub no matter what.

personally im fine with BfA, I dont mind any of the features alot. Then again, im a student that also has a job, gf, dogs and alot of different things going on. So I dont have the time anymore to play wow alot. For a player like me its a good thing. Its a bad thing for people like asmongold who has devoted many years in this game. Theyre life is wow.

People dont get this angry on forums/social media about any other game. People just dont buy those games or if they do, they just stop playing and leave it at that. With wow, its bitching and moaning day in and day out no matter what. Its been a moaningtrain since BC came out.

The gaming world has changed.
    Blizzard and the games has changed.
    Many players apparently have not and refuse to face reality and move on.
    people don't get that angry because probably other games they play are one time off purchases , If you played since vanilla or tbc your total wow expenses surpass 1k EUR/USD , and surely they didn't play those other games for 10+ years and never happens with the other games to actually rememeber past times when things were actually better and more fulfilling , this I believe it's the main reason . The game surely didn't need the current AP systems , nor did the players need class pruning , many changes are blizzard self-serving making things easier for them , not making things more interesting and it shows . You say people changed their playing habits , I'd argue that wow players if they could would totally dive in 24/24 h the only problem with that is , after you spun all your coins for chances at loot the game has nothing else to offer for you to work towards , it has basically become a get lucky or come back next week type of game , fuck that with this mentality having drop rates go as low as 1% is a fucking disgrace.
    Azerite traits it's a clear example of them not even knowing themselves what they are doing , bloating the game with this stuff just to feed that timegating ass system that HoA is.

AP really makes me wish for classic , I thought with legion they just wanted to experiment and we jumped on the hamster wheel once , now they are locking the cages . I REALLY REALLY hope they drop off this failed systems and revert to the normal RPG gearing.
    The only thing keeping me playing is the raid with the guild . After that is cleared , and boy we are taking our time , I personally see no reason to throw more money on 8.0
    Last edited by valax; 2018-10-15 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    You are in for a big surprise.
    I can't wait to sit back and laugh at all you people that dismiss Vanilla.
    The game is far superior to BFA in 2018. By a large margin.
    i must agree . i also cant wait for vanilla to land . mainly for 1 reason .

1 week into "classic" the shitshow on forums will start . and its gonna be epic .

you can ask - why 1 week - because that is more or less time which less hardcore crowd will need to hit a point somewhere between level 30-40 where leveling will hit a wall and it will be so slow and so painfull that people will come to forums and whine

it will be a perfect disaster and im gonna be there with huge bucket of popcorn enjoying this shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    He is more well-spoken than most. Also, you don’t need to be a chef to understand the food is spoiled. Nor a politician to get that times are hard. Also, there have been many cases hroughout history where people who had no education in a field contributed greatly to it.
    Then he should start to contribute, if he is so smart and well-spoken. All he is doing is feeding his viewers and riding the moantrain. He should go in depth on whats really going on here. If people were just bored of the game, they would just quit and leave it at that. But no, theres angry people everywhere at any given time of the day complaining. Without really goin in-depth about it. Its just shallow observations with no real well thought out answers.

its almost worth it to do a sociologial research on these angry wow players who keeps playing even though they hate it. And if they are not playing, they spend time on forum complaining about the game. its quite fascinating.

Im starting to think he is a smart man when it comes to making alot of money in streaming/youtube and he is just playing a persona 100% of the time, acting how the majority wants him to act and how the current trend is. He and other streamers/youtubers knows videos like this creates buzz, when in reality it does and tells nothing.

Just watch his video one mor time and notice how many times he repeats himself. His video could probably be cut in half. He is just repeating the same thing over and over again without going in-depth on any of the topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Wait, who is this youtube rando exactly?

he doesn't speak for me or anyone I know, that's for sure.
    Why dismiss an argument over the person saying rather than over the merits of the argument itself? Also, the guy in the video is by far the most popular wow player right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Why dismiss an argument over the person saying rather than over the merits of the argument itself? Also, the guy in the video is by far the most popular wow player right now.
    I know, he’s a super shitty person. He looks like a skinny broken bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaman767 View Post
    I know, he’s a super shitty person.
    While I often can't stand his stream, nothing I've seen makes me think he's a shitty person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    While I often can't stand his stream, nothing I've seen makes me think he's a shitty person.
    He seems like a shitty person. Just the way he acts, like he’s some authority in WoW because he has a Youtube channel.
    Does he even have a real job?

Shitty. Person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i must agree . i also cant wait for vanilla to land . mainly for 1 reason .

1 week into "classic" the shitshow on forums will start . and its gonna be epic .

you can ask - why 1 week - because that is more or less time which less hardcore crowd will need to hit a point somewhere between level 30-40 where leveling will hit a wall and it will be so slow and so painfull that people will come to forums and whine

it will be a perfect disaster and im gonna be there with huge bucket of popcorn enjoying this shitshow
    I give vanilla 2 months tops before the servers hit Low pop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    His opinions are subjective. Simple as that.

Just like mine are of him.
    Not really at all, since some his "subjective" rant/criticisme( shared by a large group of people on Reddit/Twitter/GD/MMO C) proved to be founded even by Devs, and we can clearly see this on PTR new Traits & co.

So those aren't really subjective?

Subjective are more those rants about 'looking pro" or any elitism stuff but we'll can't really disagree or agree at all.

Also I don't get the " so unsub durr " because it is something really retard it is like telling people that disagree Trump to " unsub from USA" you can live in the USA and disagree with its internal politic such as you can play wow and still criticize it.

Nobody really hate wow for every single aspect, in the end people still play and criticize it because the cons don't really outnumber the pros.

Nevertheless the cons are very huge rn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Wait, who is this youtube rando exactly?

he doesn't speak for me or anyone I know, that's for sure.
    Yes, let's ignore the official forums, reddit and Metacritic 3/10 BFA user reviews.

Everything is fine. BFA is the best expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    I give vanilla 2 months tops before the servers hit Low pop.
    It didn't flops WOD that was a shitshow merged with a clownfiesta, don't see how could Classic would if the major selling point in Vanilla is that you play a RPG that literally rewards you for the effort, and people that want Classic basically are asking for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Except by all accounts the good Legion content is still intact so it HAS TO be at least as good. Hence all the "Oh it's Legion 2.0" whine posts.

Positive points:
    - the artwork is fantastic
    - the first raid, Uldir, is head and shoulders above Emerald Nightmare

Negative points :
    - They lost the interesting Legendaries that could be gearswapped, giving us an on the fly talent-like swap
    - They massacred many spec designs
    - We lost tier sets and artefacts, and got boring Azerite instead.
    - Mythic+ loot has been restricted even more, relegating it further to 2nd class content.

Ugly points:
    - the 'we'll force you to PvP, kicking and screaming if necessary'
    - the resurgeance of the WoD 'side games' focus (Islands, Warfronts etc.)

BfA is not Legion 2.0. Legion 0.5 maybe, and much closer to WoD 2.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL at the Asmongold haters.
    Most of you agree with him but still hate him because you are jealous of the attention he gets. Nothing more.
    I mean FFS look at all the threads about the issues and the constant questions coming at devs regarding frustrations.

I liken the Asmongold hate to what I call "2 dogs at the fence". One dog is barking at a perceived threat and the other dog ignores the threat and just attacks the dog barking because it is annoyed. Pretty common when you see 2 dogs in a yard and someone walks by.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not sure what your point is, what's this got to do with being a raid logger for raids, once having your gear from 5 mans? You said you lacked playtime.

You'd also have to be extremely lucky to get your character to 370 in 2 weeks, especially with your limited play schedule you said you had. I have just gotten mine to 371, I've done the raid every week (normal heroic and some mythic), I've done countless high M+ per week and all the other crap. I've currently played too much, yet here you are with only time to raid 2 nights a week, but you'll level a character and get it to 370 in 2 weeks.

Reading your post again, it sounds like you have plenty of time. You said you could only raid a couple of nights a week, no time for anything else. You then go onto say you can level a character and gear it withing a few days. I will also assume, that since you are in a small raiding guild, you'll still be needed to raid on your old main, while lvl'n a new char. Whatever happened to this limited time you had?

Your character will be extremely gimped as well with a very low neck level, and your limited playtime will struggle to get it leveled up, meaning you won't be able to use azerite traits. I wouldn't want your gimped alt in my mythic raid.

Why would you be forced to reroll in vanilla? It sounds like you'd already be playing a strong class, like a Dwarf Priest (which still isn't needed) anyway.
    We're talking philosophy dude. Asmongold doesn't value the specific QoL changes made by Blizzard that allow players to do thing more rapidly or gain character power more easily because:
    1. He values the external validation received from the envy of other players that have had less time to grind the gear that he has.
    2. He has unlimited amount of playtime.
    People who do not value 1. or do not have 2. enjoy some of the changes made by blizzard in these regards. That was the point of my reply.

Deleted
    if you don't agree with asmongolds videos watch accolon. he has great points why the game is great.

even at 1 point saying he can get behind blizzard for releasing flawed content...……

then again he is just trying to keep viewers and make his chanel grow at this point his pro BFA propaganda is strong as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVI9UCcbA4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGg0INYlo6M

enjoy. if you disagree with asmon you might love this muppet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    We're talking philosophy dude. Asmongold doesn't value the specific QoL changes made by Blizzard that allow players to do thing more rapidly or gain character power more easily because:
    1. He values the external validation received from the envy of other players that have had less time to grind the gear that he has.
    2. He has unlimited amount of playtime.
    People who do not value 1. or do not have 2. enjoy some of the changes made by blizzard in these regards. That was the point of my reply.
    You told me you didn't have time to farm every night for a few hours, that you were only able to raid twice a week, so unable to play vanilla. We both know this is a lie from other things you have said.

I told you that's incorrect and not needed. All you need to do to raid in vanilla is level to 60 (5 days played at most) farm pre bis (not even really needed), which takes no time at all. After that, all you need to do it login at raid time. You had far less to do in vanilla than you do now at max level.

The only block for you, is if you were truthful about your "I can only play 2 nights a week", would be getting to 60. Nobody would want you to reroll in BFA because you wouldn't be able to level your neck, and they wouldn't ask you to reroll in vanilla either, it would not be needed.

There is no rush anyway, MC and Ony will be the only 2 raids, you'll be 60 before BWL is out.

People with unlimited play time, will indeed burn out quick on Classic if that's all they play.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-10-15 at 02:23 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really - he makes "content" provinding to most toxic elements in wow , its extremly vulgar and plebeian style of "entertainment"
    O.o

Yeeeah, I'm gonna assume that a lot of his humour goes over your head lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I can't watch his videos.. he almost exclusively whines about everything.. he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.

You can't site Reddit as any source of player discontent because it's just an echo chamber for complaining, there is almost NEVER anything positive posted there.
    Misrepresent and marginalize so nobody actually checks if you're accurate, the standard internet tactic for dealing with arguments. Stop being dishonest and question if you're truly in the right when you have to lie about your "opponent".

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I agree, but then again, they have designed in and around M+, rather than making M+ an afterthought of dungeons themselves, as they've put it themselves. They do vary a lot and that causes the standard issue of certain keys being no-go keys during certain weeks, but at least there's a wide variety of dungeons to pick from.
    I mean I often here this Statement that the new dungeons were designed with m+ in mind... but tbh it feels the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I agree with most of what he said except the core problem, imo, is not communication. It's corporate greed. The game is being designed around milking players as much as possible. This is intentional and devs are aware of this.
    +1, yep exacly for devs monetisation > game quality

Monthly active users (MAU) is true and only god for devs, that is reason for so much RNG in WoW now.