Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the ammount of damage control that twitter is doing about "how it's probably false" just makes me think it's true and they got slapped by blizz for it

"keep that in mind before spreading this as a fact. Just because something ended up being written on the internet, does not mean it's true."
    You kinda left this part out of his tweets.

"the original post with those findings has since been deleted, not sure if because Blizzard threatened to sue or because it was false data."
    And this one, the later one especially. Assuming it was deleted or that they were threatened to sue. That's quite a leap there, suggesting that is like me saying "it might have been fake or it might have been that a monkey was typing on a computer and just happened to hit those letters in that order to post that".

When you start believing random posts without any sources to back their shit up above what blizzard themselves are saying you are a special kind of person that for some reason just wants to believe anything bad written about something you don't like. The participants to raiding and m+ are around the level of legion, so the millions of people quitting are all the people who don't do those things? I just dont get how the fuck we have come to a place where random tweets from random people started counting for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's not how it works. Look, give me a few minutes and I'll find the blue post that explains it.

But the short version is that there is no actual limited supply of tokens. There is no real economy here. The price doesn't fluctuate because available tokens are leaving or entering the market. The price goes up or down based on an algorithm that compares number of sales vs number of purchases, not on the actual supply of tokens(because there is no supply).

Think of it this way: In the WoW auction house, someone has to put an item up for auction before someone can start bidding on it. But with the wow token, even if no one was selling their tokens, players could still buy them for gold. The program that regulates the prices would arbitrarily raise the price as the number of purchases via gold outpaces the number of tokens bought for dollars(or your local real world currency).
    If you've got a post explaining it, please link it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=10#post-185

This says to me that it's a literal market, just with the price regulated.

People keep posting this but forget to mention the forth tweet.

" keep that in mind before spreading this as a fact. Just because something ended up being written on the internet, does not mean it's true "

If it's true, then I suppose I'm happy. Blizzard need to realise releasing half baked expansions isn't acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It reminded me of the thread about the 6-month sub offer with mount as it wasn't linked at all with the massive sub decline
    Yeah, it's basically just like all the naysayers have been saying. It also corresponds with my experiences ingame. Fewer friends play. I pretty much only see people in zones in which sharding is enabled. Here's hoping they somehow realize that catering to a crowd of purely casual players is not ideal when it comes to designing an RPG. I mean, we're still talking about nearly 2 million subscribers here so they can totally continue the game and change its course if they should somehow learn from BfA. I mean, they've announced classic servers so nothing is impossible, right?

I mean, it could be true, everything is possible. Until I found this jewel:

"which also means that over 50% of the #Warcraft player base is using @weakAuras which is pretty amazing ������������"

Yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    It's for US or EU ? The two are separate.
    It's literally said a tweets down the first : "that would have been global minus China".

So...am I the only one that saw in the same thread that it is likely false right...oh wait I forgot mmochamp

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaman767 View Post
    The problem with BFA are the players not the developers.
    People play this game WAY too much and burn out WAY to quick, then blame it on things like systems and devs.
    I work 5 days a week but that doesn’t stop me from sinking 16 hours into this game on my days off. Even then, I have barely accomplished everything on my radar.
    Look mate. When I played this game from Vanilla until WOTLK I could entertain myself from the moment I logged (17.00 hrs) until I went to bed (0.00 hrs). I did this every day and on the weekend I played even more (13.00 - 03.00). Though around WOTLK I did not play as much during the weekend until 03.00, but if I wanted to I could fill this time with playing the game the way I wanted to play it.

Back then I was a single guy with my own house and proper job as an account manager at a bank. I also managed my guild. The point is that I could play my hearts desire. The contact for me was endless. And obviously yes I repeated a lot of the content on a daily basis. But there was always a gain somewhere. Be it money - be it gear - be it helping out other people (social aspect was higher and also more required due to the fact that the game was more unforgiving).

Look at it now?
    money? Pff sell a few tokens if you would need to. Big if.
    Helping out others? Yeah right. Not required. Nor wished either. I tried, get yelled at that it was not required.
    Gear? Do a few world quests here and there.... do some mythic+, done. Doing more... well not really needed.

In Legion I played about 10 hours a week and I still ran out of content. And this was including raids.

So when you say: We consume content too fast.... I really cannot grasp how slow you play - or that you simply do not know how it was before.
    Because sure... we consume it too fast vs how much (repeatable) content there is presented. Sure.... But if anything... they could make it slower by making it harder to consume. And I am not talking about time gating stuff..... this is a major turn off... I might aswell play my phone games...

10+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY hope this is a big wake up call
    this makes me extremely sad, also i'm not subbed, i don't want the game that has my happiest memories in life ever die
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Look mate. When I played this game from Vanilla until WOTLK I could entertain myself from the moment I logged (17.00 hrs) until I went to bed (0.00 hrs). I did this every day and on the weekend I played even more (13.00 - 03.00). Though around WOTLK I did not play as much during the weekend until 03.00, but if I wanted to I could fill this time with playing the game the way I wanted to play it.

Back then I was a single guy with my own house and proper job as an account manager at a bank. I also managed my guild. The point is that I could play my hearts desire. The contact for me was endless. And obviously yes I repeated a lot of the content on a daily basis. But there was always a gain somewhere. Be it money - be it gear - be it helping out other people (social aspect was higher and also more required due to the fact that the game was more unforgiving).
    Best guild leader ever <3 <3 <3

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a crock of shit from every side:

Quote Originally Posted by erpox View Post
    I think it doesnt count the wow token neither people who paid with prepaids cards (Like me). Only people who has and active suscription renewing month to month
    In blizzard terminology, all of those count. You use a token and/or prepaid cards to buy a month of game time which in their terms is a "subscription".

So if the API was showing when the subscriptions were ending, it will include literally all active players since in blizzard terms, you can't play without a "subscription". All active players have a sub with an end date, including ones bought with real money, on auto-renewal, token, prepaid etc..

The real argument we should be having is how big of a scandal/data leak this is if it is true. If they were just numbers on a sheet? Were there names attached? addresses? credit card info? etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    If someone gets fired, will it make you happy and all the whining & moaning was all worth it?
    If someone doesn't get fired, will it make you happy and stop whining and moaning in every thread wanting to discuss BfA's shortcoming?

Quote Originally Posted by erpox View Post
    I think it doesnt count the wow token neither people who paid with prepaids cards (Like me). Only people who has and active suscription renewing month to month
    No way for us to know and like Twitter said "don't spread this as fact"

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    If you've got a post explaining it, please link it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=10#post-185

This says to me that it's a literal market, just with the price regulated.
    It's pissing me off, because now I can't find it. >_<

Back when the whole token thing was initially launched, there was this massive post made by Lore or Ythsiens that broke down everything and explained it. That's what I was basing my points off. Because back when this was all new, this same question came up. LITERALLY, someone asked what would happen if someone wanted to buy a month of sub with gold, but no one was selling tokens. The blue response was "That's not how it works. You will always be able to buy a month of sub with gold(although the price might be VERY high)." Followed by an explanation of the algorithm regulating the prices.

But now that I look for it, all I can find are blue posts saying it's a closed system. Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe now. I've seen Blizzard delete blue posts with damning quotes before, but it could be that they actually changed how the token system works.

Deleted
    Holy crap, if thats legit its huge.

They already doing their best to keep the number of active subs.
    I worked hard to get that amount of money for this mount and stopped playing immideately after buying this 6 months sub. Looks like i achieved my goal there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post

Look at it now?
    money? Pff sell a few tokens if you would need to. Big if.
    Helping out others? Yeah right. Not required. Nor wished either. I tried, get yelled at that it was not required.
    Gear? Do a few world quests here and there.... do some mythic+, done. Doing more... well not really needed.

In Legion I played about 10 hours a week and I still ran out of content. And this was including raids.

So when you say: We consume content too fast.... I really cannot grasp how slow you play - or that you simply do not know how it was before.
    Because sure... we consume it too fast vs how much (repeatable) content there is presented. Sure.... But if anything... they could make it slower by making it harder to consume. And I am not talking about time gating stuff..... this is a major turn off... I might aswell play my phone games...
    This has probably more to do with WoW still being decently "fresh" in WoTLK, and you just being older and burnt out in BFA :P.
    I've played since early beta back in 2004, and I can objectively say that BFA doesn't feel any less rewarding than earlier iterations of the game.
    I am however, burnt out as fuck, and don't take as much pleasure playing the game any more ^^.

Interesting but if true not necessarily the end of the world. FF XIV is still trucking along just fine with well under a million subs probably, though it also probably has a smaller budget.