Poll: Are the tactics used by Antifa working?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    fucking sigh. You want liberty but you wont accept that violence will exist in a society of liberty.

You also seem to apply a psychological definition of authoritarian to the political. But hey I don't expect much for someone who describes themselves as a libertarian.

How do you eliminate political violence in a libertarian society?
    And yet, you are calling for needless violence. I have no problem with using violence, when such actions are necessary.

Both historically and contemporaneously, Antifa are excellent at making Nazis appear sympathetic. Nothing drives people towards brownshirts than a bunch of masked communists smashing shit. This may not be their intended outcome, though.

Am I? I'm not sure I am. Cant you prove that I'm calling for needless violence?
    You and I have been down this road many times before. You are calling for violence, then you try and say... well, you don't want to do it personally, because you are a pansy, and don't actually fight.

I believe the term for people like you is "all talk."

darn far left supporting violence against the right wing, you know i bet you if it was the reverse and a democrat was in power, the right would be ssuper peaceful and promote civility, especially their elected leaders

Terrorism is pretty effective. Yes.

Getting what you want via intimidation and violence?

That's what we Americans have done for generations. That's how our country was founded, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Yeah fucking im hiding right now from ANTIFA death squads.
    Many non-Jewish Germans said the same thing. As the great warrior poet Dj Khaled once said, "Congratulations, you've played yourself."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody pays attention when ANTIFA are fighting ISIS or running homeless shelters.
    Those that do that sort of thing are the real heroes. Not those going around dressed like terrorists and destroying public property and knocking out people that don't believe in their political beliefs.

I have worked in a shelter when I was younger, I volunteered and I didn't need to dress up in a face mask and hoodie to do it. I have also protested in many protests when I studied at university. And we didn't need to vandalize someones property or knock out someone that disagreed with us.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-10-15 at 03:25 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The only thing getting these neo-Nazi groups any publicity is Antifa. Neo-Nazi groups would otherwise be ignored and fade away.

Thanks Antifa.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The only thing getting these neo-Nazi groups any publicity is Antifa. Neo-Nazi groups would otherwise be ignored and fade away.

Thanks Antifa.
    But that's simply not true. They are getting their agenda pushed by The Trumpsters, and even the White House itself. They are not going away, they are in power. You shilled for them, and did their work for them.

Thanks, Trumpsters.

Deleted
    Don't have active antifa clowns in my country

We would murder them

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    What is this rubbish in OP? Did you read the article you linked?

Major's statement only is about the police. Nothing about him being ANTIFA-Supporter who unleashes them to do whatever they want.
    Of course they lied about ANTIFA - that's all their side has anymore, is likes and misrepresentations.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    What is this rubbish in OP? Did you read the article you linked?

Major's statement only is about the police. Nothing about him being ANTIFA-Supporter who unleashes them to do whatever they want.
    Why do they use 'less lethal munitions' to break up these fights when we hear about unarmed people running away and getting shot in the back? I know, I know, they're different areas, different cops, corruption could be involved in one and not the other, but still. Some consistency would be nice (and no, I'm not saying they should just whip out their guns and shoot, I think tasers, pepper spray, and rubber bullets/batons should be the go-to for unarmed individuals).

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    After reading some of your replies, I am fairly confident you have no clue what real fascism is. I am guessing anything and everything that is different from your world view would constitute as fascism.
    Then define it s’il vous plaît.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    And this you know.....how? Guess I better let mum know...

Oh, so now if you don't actively fight fascism you are a fascist. That would mean everyone outside of antifa is a fascist. Certainly explains their world view I guess.

So antifa is the only group fighting fascism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I'm not sure if you've been drinking too much of the cool-aid and actually believe that conservatives are massive racists, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of me. Either way no.
    Well, the rally where people chanted “Jews will not replace us” wasn’t called Unite the Left.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Apparently this is a photo of the white supremacist Proud Boys that Antifa has been fighting:

Nothing worse than non-white white supremacists and Jewish Nazis! Punch them all!!

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Nothing worse than non-white white supremacists and Jewish Nazis! Punch them all!!
    You make it sound like its something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

Seems to work.
    Kurdish fighters are leftist, some foreign mercenary happens to like antifa, kurds decide to stand next to his flag cuz he wanted them too.

I'm pretty sure I didn't read 'antifa' as a fighting body in Syria

Sorry to burst your wet dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You make it sound like its something new.
    I'm not sure how I did that...but OK...I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Kurdish fighters are leftist, some foreign mercenary happens to like antifa, kurds decide to stand next to his flag cuz he wanted them too.

I'm pretty sure I didn't read 'antifa' as a fighting body in Syria

Sorry to burst your wet dreams
    A handful of Antifa members show up and randomly start shooting folks they hope are the bad guys...

From what I've heard, they actually weren't involved in any of the fighting. But they were there. Not sure anyone knows what they were doing.

Antifa, a non-uniformed, civilian, fully armed gang, shows up at a war zone to do...?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm not sure how I did that...but OK...I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

A handful of Antifa members show up and randomly start shooting folks they hope are the bad guys...

From what I've heard, they actually weren't involved in any of the fighting. But they were there. Not sure anyone knows what they were doing.

Antifa, a non-uniformed, civilian, fully armed gang, shows up at a war zone to do...?
    Attempt at getting good publicity. Duh. They know they're viewed(rightfully so) as a terrorist group in a lot of places, so they want to say "NUH UH! WE FIGHT TERRORISTS!" but you know, proof is in the pudding. or in their case, occasional firebombing and street-brawls where they just swing at anyone not in lock-step with themselves.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening