Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Commenting on this wouldn't lend credibility at all. If anything, claiming the numbers are false would actually damage the site.
    Not in the least. Look at the trust given to a hacking site, just because it seems to be saying what a lot of people want it to be saying. And, by officially acknowledging it, it opens the door for that site to crow "We were trolling you!", and that just makes Blizzard look bad, and drives eyeballs to a site Blizzard would almost certainly want to not exist at all - and into the future, they'd waste enormous amounts of resources fighting every rumor that pops up on that site - and the trolls will flock to that opportunity like dumb moths to a bright blue bug light. I would not be surprised if there's a group of dickbags on that site laughing their asses off at what they stirred up today - and even more drooling at the prospect of doing it again.

I stand by what I said. Blizzard is doing the right thing by not sinking to 4chan level rumor mongering, and is keeping that garbage off their site. They don't need to prove anything to anyone just because a site that exploits their business claims something.

I might shift my stance if the information came from a more credible, non-4chan level site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Imagine taking this as 100% accurate and coming here to bash BFA oof.

Game and world feels alive to me. I've never understood people's obsession with sub numbers. We don't need to know, and it is only brought up in speculation or to bash current game.
    It is because they are desperate to rationalize their irrational behavior (i.e. hating a game but still stalking it via forums, it's not healthy behavior).

Weakauras said that the original source could have been threatened with legal action.... can you even do that considering the api was put out there by blizzard and it would be on the same level as datamining? Unless the source hacked blizzard only files if the api was put out there then its fair game to read that api....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Of course he's not.
    He is mod of the official Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @Mafic

Where did all the threads from US general official forums go?

There are literally ZERO posts there regarding the so called leak? Zero
    Am i seeing it wrong? they all got deleted?
    yes they went full nuclear. I warned people what would happen. Start believing us beta testers!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Or they could be telling the truth, and the sub loss they're seeing is actually the same they see every expansion.
    WoW's been having a fairly steady bleed for a while now, even if you remove the interlude patches and focus just on post-expansion peaks it's been down about a million or two every expansion since Cata. So yeah we're probably down to around 3-5 million at this point. Add to that the usual peak/valley of people who resub only for leveling content and yeah we're probably looking pretty in line with expectations for a game firmly in decline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    "Like I said, it was really more of a friendly message that said "you if you don't want to look like an idiot, maybe change this" not really a threat or anything."

If Blizzard said "Haha, no guy, you are completely wrong, do you want to look like a fool in front of all of these people?", I think I'd have my suspicions about their methods. It just doesn't seem like a reasoned response, and it really does seem like they're just trying to use pressure tactics to make people think the data isn't genuine. When Blizzard are ready to honestly report this information, I'll listen, but as long as they're running around just telling 3rd party places "No no don't look foolish friends!", I'm not buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If it was truly an issue with the API, they'd have patched that up as fast they humanly could.
    folks who seem to know the api topic note that blizzard patched this part of the api within the last 2 days.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Of course he's not.
    Are you sure?

All the people so desperate to believe whatever they're told (when it's clearly been proven false) just so they can stick it to the other side reminds me of another recent event.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    He is mod of the official Reddit.
    Thank you for confirming what we all knew.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I have no faith in anything blizzard says being the truth.
    You don't have to. Their stock/shareholders do though. If they say they sold 3.4m copies in 1 day and millions more by/after release, then they probably did. To die about that would be highly illegal, as it would be tweaking their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Weakauras said that the original source could have been threatened with legal action.... can you even do that considering the api was put out there by blizzard and it would be on the same level as datamining? Unless the source hacked blizzard only files if the api was put out there then its fair game to read that api....
    Blizzard has an army of attorneys so yes they can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    yes they went full nuclear. I warned people what would happen. Start believing us beta testers!
    Have you seen the blue post?

Ahaha best monday.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    Blizzard obviously would not confirm these are real numbers regardless if they're true or not. The fact that they're scrambling all over the place to censor these reports tells me there is some truth to them. I'm currently unsubbed after playing 6 weeks of BFA because the overall game is stale and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.
    They'd also be very quick to stop false reporting like this as it could well impact stock. If Blizz say it's millions more, it probably is. Lying about that publicly = hot water for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA is worse than WoD View Post
    Holy shit lmao search World of Warcraft in YouTube and 90% the front page videos are about the sub numbers leaking, Asmongold’s video and/or just how terrible this expansion is.

But everything is fine guys. Don’t mind the evil haters and their ruthless facts, just base your reality on alternative facts. Don’t mind your empty friends list as everyone quits, they’ll be back...maybe...!
    Of course everyone on Youtube see its a big issue right now and needs to hurry and make a video while its still possible to earn some eazy money.

Why do you think so many youtubers focus on negative stuff about games, gets alot more views than positive stuff.
    Last edited by Raven; 2018-10-15 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    It would be defamation, since there a no proofs. My guess, is that it's just another proof that Blizzard is loosing control. That moment you have to threaten to sue someone cause they leaked sub number is the moment shit has hit the fan. I mean, Blizzard could just end the polemic and give number, but they don't. There is no smoke without fire, let's face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Have you seen the blue post?

Ahaha best monday.
    No but I am excited to read it now LMAO.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    WoW's been having a fairly steady bleed for a while now, even if you remove the interlude patches and focus just on post-expansion peaks it's been down about a million or two every expansion since Cata. So yeah we're probably down to around 3-5 million at this point. Add to that the usual peak/valley of people who resub only for leveling content and yeah we're probably looking pretty in line with expectations for a game firmly in decline.
    I agree, things have been steadily declining, I just think people who think this leak is real and the game has lost THAT many subs in such a short amount of time are being a bit ridiculous. 3-5 active over the majority of the expansion, with twice or more than that at launch honestly sounds pretty accurate. Not including China, of course.

That's pretty funny. I've no doubt that it's true too.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.