10+ Year Old Account
    granted, you can leave eve 19 seconds left on the clock and still get scored on

*mutters*

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    43-40? Damn, can't really watch the late games this year. For the first time it feels I missed something.
    You missed a Scorigami hit at least. First NFL game ever to end 43-40. Now there are only like 120 remaining scores that have never been hit (short of outlandishly high scores), and like half of those involve somebody having only 4 points (which probably should fall in the outlandish category, as only 10-4 is knocked off on that row and happened in 1923).

Without Justin Houston this defense is even worse lol, no quality pass rusher to get to Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Allen passed away.

Completely devastated. Dude did a ton not only for Seattle and Portland sports, but for the general good of all people. Saved the Seahawks from leaving Seattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Paul Allen passed away.

Completely devastated. Dude did a ton not only for Seattle and Portland sports, but for the general good of all people. Saved the Seahawks from leaving Seattle.
    Sorry for your loss. Paul Allen does seem by all accounts to be a genuine good guy among the owners. I hope his estate can keep his legacy going and keep the teams in a good place as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Paul Allen does seem by all accounts to be a genuine good guy among the owners. I hope his estate can keep his legacy going and keep the teams in a good place as well.
    Early indications are that both the Seahawks and Blazers are now his sisters and she does not intend on keeping ether franchise. Both will be sold.

Very, very bad news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's only bad news if she sells to a shit owner/group. If she has no interest in the teams selling them is probably the best choice.
    I have fond memories of the Sonics. There is maybe one guy local to the PNW I'd trust with the Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have fond memories of the Sonics. There is maybe one guy local to the PNW I'd trust with the Seahawks.
    I cant imagine the NFL oking the removal of the one NFL team in the PNW, especially after the Sonic disaster.

and no other current possible location is nearly as attractive as Seattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I cant imagine the NFL oking the removal of the one NFL team in the PNW, especially after the Sonic disaster.

and no other current possible location is nearly as attractive as Seattle.
    Tell that to the former fans in St Louis, SD, and soon Oakland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to the former fans in St Louis, SD, and soon Oakland.
    Well Las Vegas was getting one, and I cant blame Oakland toooo much for that even if its shitty, given LV is a popular market. Everyone more or less realizes how stupid the CHargers moving was, and isnt the Rams just basically moving home?

What would ownership gain by moving to say, St.Louis over Seattle? Jerry certainly wont let Oklahoma have a team so thats out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every team that moved had stadium problems. I know change is worrying, but there should be nothing to fear as far as relocation. The team should stay put since they don't have the same issues and the NFL will certainly favor a sale that is likely to keep the team in place.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Every team that moved had stadium problems. I know change is worrying, but there should be nothing to fear as far as relocation. The team should stay put since they don't have the same issues and the NFL will certainly favor a sale that is likely to keep the team in place.
    And thats what it will start with. Start pressuring people to pay to renovate clink with some bullshit to get Seattle to host a super bowl and threatening to leave if it doesn't happen. That will drag on for 10 years, like it did with most of the recently moved teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    And thats what it will start with. Start pressuring people to pay to renovate clink with some bullshit to get Seattle to host a super bowl and threatening to leave if it doesn't happen. That will drag on for 10 years, like it did with most of the recently moved teams.
    What alluring location exists for them to move to?

- - - Updated - - -

Mason Crosby is 1 for 1.

2 for 2!
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-10-16 at 12:36 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What alluring location exists for them to move to?
    Whatever promise land of fools gold the NFL leads them to. They seemed pretty popular in London yesterday!

Could also go on and on about just bad owners like Jed York and Daniel Snyder. The team is an embodiment of the owner. Seahawks prior to Allen had little to no success. After Allen they went to 3 super bowls with 1 super bowl win, went from Mike Holmgren to Pete Carroll with a one year lapse, went from Matt Hasselbeck to Russell Wilson in a one year lapse.

Eddie Debartolo Jr raised a team to 20 years of success. Once he was forced to give up ownership and Jed York took over, the team went dormant until Harbaugh came along and lead them to consecutive seasons of going to the NFC championship game with one super bowl performance. Jed York pushed Harbaugh out to go back into irrelevance because of their differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could also go on and on about just bad owners like Jed York and Daniel Snyder. The team is an embodiment of the owner. Seahawks prior to Allen had little to no success. After Allen they went to 3 super bowls with 1 super bowl win, went from Mike Holmgren to Pete Carroll with a one year lapse, went from Matt Hasselbeck to Russell Wilson in a one year lapse.

Eddie Debartolo Jr raised a team to 20 years of success. Once he was forced to give up ownership and Jed York took over, the team went dormant until Harbaugh came along and lead them to consecutive seasons of going to the NFC championship game with one super bowl performance. Jed York pushed Harbaugh out to go back into irrelevance because of their differences.
    These are the real worries IMHO. These are realistic possibilities. The Seahawks are already transitioning and this could make it a lot worse or a lot better. You could also look to the Cowboys when Jerry Jones bought them, turned his back on the past and started a new era of success. If Pete is wearing thin, it might be beneficial to have an owner without loyalty to him that can make the change that needs to be made.

- - - Updated - - -

Tramon Williams is still playing? He sure looked old there.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    This Packers team is yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Beathard last year, I like him now. He hasn't really found a way to win much yet, but it certainly isn't for lack of trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Giants screwed up royally.

Sitting Eli for GENO SMITH was a public relations nightmare. Giants fans hold the Jets in utter disdain. We're the stable franchise who won championships because we stuck with our guy even when he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. They're the franchise who drafts Geno Smith because no one else wanted him, then watched him flame out and leave the team after his own teammate punched him in the face.

We reversed the karma this year. Should never have sat Eli, should have drafted Darnold. Giants fans would have been ok with drafting a successor for Eli, but sitting him for a random Jets castoff (who was going to be a free agent anyway) was so, so stupid.

Then because they had pissed off the fanbase, they reversed course completely and went all in on Eli. Disaster. This is how you screw up your team for a decade.
    They had a young QB on the roster, better to have gotten a look at Davis Webb if they sat Manning, instead they did the Jets thing and got rid of him without ever letting him take the field.
    /s

Is Garbage really playing a song from their 90s catalogue at halftime of a MNF in 2018? Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers being frustrated with Graham doing whatever the fuck he wants for routes is relatable.

Paul Allen passed away.

Honestly one of the most influential people on Seattle/Puget Sound as a whole in recent history. Real legend, especially in the region; he will be missed greatly.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis