Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol ok so
    "Trump says the pee tape is fake, so he should show us all his sex tapes to prove its fake!"
    Alright, I wont sink to your level.

Feel free to believe whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    first drop off was cata
    Actually technicly wotlk had the first drop off, but not much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Alright, I wont sink to your level.

Feel free to believe whatever you want.
    You are literally saying

"Hey Jenny says you have a rash on your butt, so show us your butt to prove its not true"

thats not how logic works you dont go "hey X made a claim without evidance, I will not beleive it until Y gives me proof to prove its wrong!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-10-15 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No? The same as every other expansion, a big spike at launch. a big drop shortly after and then roughly stable or slowly dropping until the next expansion. So if its 1.7mil now I would guess 1.5 mil in 6 months.
    Yeah except for the game used to have more than 12m active subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I like how the addon author handled this, fully explaining himself, his intentions and why he made an honest mistake that Blizzard (seemingly) took in stride.

Won't stop the numbers from being parroted by the "lel wow is ded" group, but that's no great loss.
    Honestly, anyone dumb enough to parrot those numbers at this point after everything that's happened with the weakauras clarification should honestly be added to everyones ignore list, because nothing they say at that point is really worth a damn.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Actually technicly wotlk had the first drop off, but not much.

- - - Updated - - -

You are literally saying

"Hey Jenny says you have a mushroom penis, so show us your penis to prove its not true"

thats not how logic works you dont go "hey X made a claim without evidance, I will not beleive it until Y gives me proof to prove its wrong!"
    Well you do if you are a 15 year old incel (or a 30+ year old incel). It is a classic way to troll and gaslight. I bet money most of these people dropping the whole "Well if Blizz says it, you know it ain't true" cut their teeth on 4Chan

I can't even believe this thing is 54 pages lol... crazy, people really, really want WoW to go under. There has to be some new kind of psychological diagnosis for people who will spend so much energy trashing something they hate just to try to convince other people to quit it as well. Is there one?
    Last edited by slalmon; 2018-10-15 at 11:24 PM.

Weakauras developer is a jackass for posting a rumor like that anyways, especially with such a shady source. He deserves any and all hate he gets from this.

Even IF WoW was finally "dying" doesn't fucking matter to me, I play WoW because I enjoy it, not because it has 100k or 100 million other subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    We absolutely do not need to bring current U.S. politics and personalities into this conversation in any way even as metaphor or analogy. Just stop it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    I can't even believe this thing is 54 pages lol... crazy, people really, really want WoW to go under. There has to be some new kind of psychological diagnosis for people who will spend so much energy trashing something they hate just to try to convince other people to quit it as well. Is there one?
    That is something that I also do not understand. Why are people so obsesses with the numbers?

Okay. So current subs are down, if true. Does that help them to sleep at night? They want WoW to fail? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status...12677578838016

PogU

RIP for the person getting fired tho

Is this also a breach of EU GDPR law?

Moderation note:

There have been a lot of further developments to this on the part of the WeakAuras developer (ummm...as it were). Here is some additional information:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...day_weakauras/
    has weakaura said anything about the source other than "it was deleted" because thats no different than outright making up numbers yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    Well you do if you are a 15 year old incel (or a 30+ year old incel). It is a classic way to troll and gaslight. I bet money most of these people dropping the whole "Well if Blizz says it, you know it ain't true" cut their teeth on 4Chan

There is a new diagnosis for gaming disorder by the World Health Organization, so there are probably more people playing WoW that are mentally ill than people that have quit.http://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    And you know that how?
    It is debunked.

Tokens doesn't count as subscriptions, tokens counts as service.

The Asian Subscribers doesn't appear in the same overview as the western due to different management.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    has weakaura said anything about the source other than "it was deleted" because thats no different than outright making up numbers yourself.
    No. The WA account just states that there was no source, no proof and now no comment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wonder how they factor in tokens since that's what I've been playing off for a while now!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is debunked.

Tokens doesn't count as subscriptions, tokens counts as service.

The Asian Subscribers doesn't appear in the same overview as the western due to different management.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The WA account just states that there was no source, no proof and now no comment.
    Subscriptions bought with tokens most definitely count as subs. Tokens being bought for gold (where all the money is actually changing hands in regards to tokens) count as a service.

If subs bought with tokens didn't count, then there would have to be a way for Blizzard to track the source of battle.net funds and then trace that to the subs being bought. My sub, paid for with bnet balance bought with a token has an end date the same as any other sub and I doubt that the source of bnet funds matters to blizzard at all. The revenue portion of all that is tied to the tokens for gold and that is where it is booked.

Probably part of the reason they don't talk about subs anymore is the fact that subs and revenue are decoupled by the token and so it could be misleading to investors if they don't know from one quarter to the next how much revenue one sub is worth because X% of the playerbase isn't paying with money but instead is paying with gold and that revenue is being captured in the services number.

Deleted
    Ok guys it was a good day.
    We had spicy memes and youtube videos and blue posts about it.

But i think this dies here

It was good until it lasted ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That is something that I also do not understand. Why are people so obsesses with the numbers?

Okay. So current subs are down, if true. Does that help them to sleep at night? They want WoW to fail? Why?
    No, we want this information to be public. Shareholders and players have a right to be outraged that the company is refusing to fix the problems the game has but instead focuses on shit that actually drives subs down. We want precisely the opposite: for the game to remain healthy and grow by being good enough to attract and retain new players.

Notice their shareholder reports talk about engagement numbers now, metrics which they've been gaming in Legion and now BfA, but nothing about new players or growth. I wouldn't put a $0.01 into a company that wasn't pursuing growth or steady profitable revenue, so it's pretty frustrating that Blizzard is acting like an EOL company that's just squeezing golden flakes out of the goose that once laid golden eggs.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wouldn't have thrown themself into this fire if things weren't fairly close to the truth. They've always ignored the sub baiting, something touched a nerve considering that they responded nearly instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    You know they are in OMEGApanicmode when they contact LEDDITOR mods to shut down threads. Bfa will go down as the shittiest exp ever, even worse than WOD.

I see that they will scrap this exp omegafast, only focus on pushing out new raids then put everything on the new exp/Vanilla. BFA is dead.
    Agree 100%. The whole game is practically dead, not just from BfA but from years of mismanagement. Classic will probably end up overtaking "Live" and then it'll hardly get any updates. I already believe they're moving WoW to a 4 year expansion cycle with mini-patches in between. The legacy loot rules and now LFR queues for Legion content are just the start of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Weakauras developer is a jackass for posting a rumor like that anyways, especially with such a shady source. He deserves any and all hate he gets from this.

Even IF WoW was finally "dying" doesn't fucking matter to me, I play WoW because I enjoy it, not because it has 100k or 100 million other subscribers.
    His "shade source" was Blizzard API data. But go ahead and stay in denial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Blizzard wouldn't have thrown themself into this fire if things weren't fairly close to the truth. They've always ignored the sub baiting, something touched a nerve considering that they responded nearly instantly.
    This too. The coverup is always worse than the crime.

And frankly, why are they 404ing threads in the WoW forum about it? Since when is it a high crime to talk or speculate about how many subs the game has? They're only doing that to try and prevent others from seeing the information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oriondc View Post
    His "shade source" was Blizzard API data. But go ahead and stay in denial.

- - - Updated - - -
    Can you prove there ever was any "API data"?
    Hi

Where is this so called data? Why is it not open information? Why can all of us not look at it and glean from it what we want?