Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Raiding community is about .1 of the wow community in total so who cares

Wow, why rework if you can remove them.

Fine, remove all specs. Not many die hard mains.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Blizzard is very reserved about removing content and this is especially true since Cata. There is no shot Blizzard is going remove an entire spec from the game.
    Remove no, but slowly degrade it into obsolesce and disuse until everyone gets sick of it and they 'revamp it' eventually is their modus operandi for specs, classes and now player races.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    How about starting with people who think Shadow Priest is one of the most fun specs you ever played? Because you're a very tiny minority and this class is cutting into development dollars that could be better spent somewhere else instead of on a spec who's tiny bit of uniqueness could just be baked into an affliction lock with no real loss.

I mean, the raid used to need you. Now you just do dps, and right now not even good dps. I don't think they should waste time developing a spec that isn't really needed anymore. :|
    Yeah, while we are at it, let's eliminate 3 out of 4 Druid specs, 2/3 of mage specs, and Paladins since they are under-performing as well. /end sarcasm

I really hate people who insist broken shit be removed instead of improved. Shows a lack of intelligence when it comes to game changes.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Yeah, while we are at it, let's eliminate 3 out of 4 Druid specs, 2/3 of mage specs, and Paladins since they are under-performing as well. /end sarcasm

I really hate people who insist broken shit be removed instead of improved. Shows a lack of intelligence when it comes to game changes.
    A lack of creativity as well. If you say "give them more utility/give them better off-healing" they'll respond "we've already got those mechanics covered/we don't need off healing", but then again that's purely a function of the current raid fights or what's possible/expected in M+. It's totally possible to design a boss fight in the next raid tier or a new M+ affix that becomes 5% easier if you specifically have a Shadow Priest as opposed to another other class/spec. I don't know what that might be, but the developers could put some though into and come up with something I'm sure within minutes. It's just a matter of their priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, now hear me out

What if they just deleted your account?

I mean, the only one who really gets any enjoyment from it is you and even that seems to be debatable from reading your posts.

Would you miss it? For real tho, least played dps spec, might even be the last played spec over all for all time in WOW. Not an awful lot of die hard Shadow Priest mains out there really, and can't think of a single thing they even do these days (even when their damage was good in Legion) that's unique to their class. So why not just delete them?
    Instead of removing everything you don't like how about you just not play it? Let people who enjoy the Shadow spec and play something that you enjoy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    HC Uldir participation (based on logs):
    https://puu.sh/BLsUz/f5907e0752.png

M Uldir participation (based on logs):
    https://puu.sh/BLsTY/11a651c30f.png

Not saying the spec is at it's best or anything, but it's hardly one of the very least played specs.
    no that honour goes to shamans as every spec below them has a better spec they could be playing, but shamans whatever the pick it's shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Shadow was one of the more fun specs I ever played. Instead of removing specs, they just need to start removing players.
    or removing devs who can't make elemental/balance/shadow any good?

remove the devs or their heads i don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Instead of removing everything you don't like how about you just not play it? Let people who enjoy the Shadow spec and play something that you enjoy.
    no-one enjoys it thats the issue, it's badly designed along with elemental and balance.

source? just about every mythic raiding ele/spriest/balance i have on b.net just complains how much worse their spec has got and all the issues.

2nd source? blizzard saying for 6+ months elemental/shadow needs major changes in future big patches, oh and balance is a 1 trick pony of multidotting a lot of targets, outside of that it's useless most go resto if they're good enough to play resto for progression same ele/spriest, go heal do something useful because blizz cannot design your spec to save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariphea View Post
    Why not deleting one spec of the pure dps? Blizzard never manages to make all three specs viable. There is always at least one dead spec. Somehow pure dps specs are classified as viable if there is one good dps spec, while in case of hybrid classes all specs have to be viable.

And I think there are fewer demonology warlocks or sv hunter than shadow priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This is one of these things that (imo) would be good for the game, but amount of crying would be just too huge to be even considered by Blizzard. And I'm not talking only about Shadow Priest, but also stuff like Arms/Fury, Marksman/BM, Affli/Destro, etc.
    ^This. If they "need" to delete one spec, delete one from pure dps, or classes with two dps specs.

OT: If they delete Shadow spec for priest, priests need to have another dps spec. Unless Discipline becomes a dps spec, or a new Void Class is coming, then there is no way Shadow spec will be deleted.

To even suggest the deletion of Spriest shows how full on moronic and ignorant you are.

Spriest are awesome. Just not in its current iteration. Same as many other specs

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no-one enjoys it thats the issue
    It's great you're able to speak for every single Shadow player in the entire world. I wish I had that knowledge and power.
    And that's besides the point, if the spec is bad you shouldn't just remove it. You fix it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How about starting with people who think Shadow Priest is one of the most fun specs you ever played? Because you're a very tiny minority and this class is cutting into development dollars that could be better spent somewhere else instead of on a spec who's tiny bit of uniqueness could just be baked into an affliction lock with no real loss.

I mean, the raid used to need you. Now you just do dps, and right now not even good dps. I don't think they should waste time developing a spec that isn't really needed anymore. :|
    Sure, so you gonna make a thread and see what people think about deleting whichever spec has the worst dps throughout all raid tiers in the future...? Dumbass thread, dumbass idea.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody plays Spriest anymore because it's broken. The solution? Remove it. GENIUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    To even suggest the deletion of Spriest shows how full on moronic and ignorant you are.

Spriest are awesome. Just not in its current iteration. Same as many other specs
    i only want it removed because the cool shadow powers being stuck to a frilly priest is dumb.

i want to wield shadow powers like a mage or warlock wields their powers. i want a shadow class that studies and creates spells, not sitting in a dank tomb chanting.

The fact that this is a topic that isn't simply immediately locked and is instead one of legitimate conversation shows just how fucking terrible the spec is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's great you're able to speak for every single Shadow player in the entire world. I wish I had that knowledge and power.
    And that's besides the point, if the spec is bad you shouldn't just remove it. You fix it.
    how many x-pacs we gotta wait? lol

seems like we got the same chance of removal as fixing these hybrid specs, 0 chance removal 0 chance they get their head out of their assholes and fix it. a lose/lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest was my original raiding toon, they wrecked them with the LK patch and it just hasn't been the same. I wish I could have the BC functionality back, I liked the mana battery support role.
    /s

Shadow is the only spec for Void Elf RP. How cruel would it be to take the one spec to play away from the race that has no place in the game already?!

Would you miss it? So why not just delete them?
    Usually when you draw people in with "just hear me out" you follow it up with... something. Your entire argument is, "hey why not delete it lol?"