Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Haven't seen any blue post yet lol. Only mvps trying to defend blizz. I would imagine that blizz would have threatened to get legal if the site didn't take it down.
    There was a blue post after the mass deletion of the threads.
    This thread was making fun of the whole situation and a blue posted on it.
    So the whole situation was...funny to say the least.

What do you think about it?

here is the blue post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-31

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They very likely don't get much money from China, per active account, compared to the markets in the west.
    China's pay model is now sub based like the rest of us. whether it's for about the same price, or if numbers make the difference I wouldn't know, but he chinese (asian?) playerbase is allegedly the biggest out of all the areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But this hole thread just proves that you dont need to prove anything, its enough to just claim something and it seem like a big part of the people will belive you without any sort of proof and even when shown more proof that its wrong then proof that its right.
    Personally, and stepping outside my role here, it's disappointing that actual discussion of both problems and good things has succumbed to people with agendas of one kind or another, be it for or against the game or just hanging around to insult people. You can't raise a real problem and get any decent discussion about it and god forbid that you actually say you like something. It just sucks. It's all "people need to be fired" or "people were fired" and "heads are rolling" when no one truly knows anything about it. But it's the way of forums pretty much everywhere. Is what it is, as they say. Activision clearly changed all of their metrics for quarterly financial reporting. In doing so, Blizzard stopped reporting subscriptions. A practice I might add that no other MMO RPG that has a paid subscription program is doing. But conspiracy theories about it are easy and impossible to prove wrong so they persist.

People in this very thread that have invested a lot of words in advancing the idea that Blizzard lies constantly about everything have turned right around and said that if they reported subscriptions that everything would be great. Irony has no limits right?

The idea that half of all subscribed players use WeakAuras is mindless at best.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-16 at 03:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Blue posts are not going to be any help here, because Blizzard would NEVER go "Oh yeah you're right, people hate it and are unsubbing from our game, got us there!" regardless of how the actual situation is. It's called PR. That's also why you never (or very very rarely) get straight answers out of Q&As that reflect on their business strategy - you may get a "yeah, we didn't do that well", but you'll NEVER get a "well we designed it this way to keep players subbed longer" even if that's very blatantly the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    you'll NEVER get a "well we designed it this way to keep players subbed longer" even if that's very blatantly the case.
    OK. What exactly is wrong with that? It's fine if you don't care for it but why the fuck wouldn't developers--especially after the fiasco/shitshow that was Warlords--design the game in such a way that people have something to do?

I can agree that much of what there is to do is kind of like a sandy beach. Pretty enough by itself but on a closer look pretty much all the same and one grain of sand looks much like another.

But for fuck's sake, what's wrong with the idea of giving your players something to do so they'll stay around?

It's easy to leave for a while and come back for a month at your own convenience and Blizzard is pretty supportive of that. Catch-up stuff is there so you can stay current if you go away for a while. So why is this supposed to be so terrible?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-16 at 03:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Pretty much matches what I said then - BFA = Warlords 2.0 - I suspect Ion will get fired or demoted over this, he's one of the main devs that's sticking his head in the sand and refusing to listen to the community.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Threads like these prove how dumb most of you are
    Amen....*applause

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    OK. What exactly is wrong with that? It's fine if you don't care for it but why the fuck wouldn't developers--especially after the fiasco/shitshow that was Warlords--design the game in such a way that people have something to do?

I can agree that much of what there is to do is kind of like a sandy beach. Pretty enough by itself but on a closer look pretty much all the same and one grain of sand looks much like another.

But for fuck's sake, what's wrong with the idea of giving your players something to do so they'll stay around?

It's easy to leave for a while and come back for a month at your own convenience and Blizzard is pretty supportive of that. Catch-up stuff is there so you can stay current if you go away for a while. So why is this supposed to be so terrible?
    I believe this is where I say QFT.

Like weren't we all complaining like Cata-WoD about how WoW was too "raid or die?" Doesn't Ion still reference that mentality in Q&As? Why suddenly are we all like "Nah, you know what the solution is? Give us less to do so we finish the game faster."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted

I think what he is trying to say is that maybe the game is being designed out of a spreadsheet instead of out of love for the game.
    Its pretty clear to me Blizzard knows about what the game needs as much as we do
    They have zero idea.
    Will Classic be a success? Pfft i dont believe for a second Blizzard knows for sure it will be a success or not.

Is the crowd who tells Blizzard the game needs innovation right?
    Is the crowd who tells the game needs to go back to oldschool ways right?

No one knows. Not even Blizzard knows, lol, im pretty sure.

We are all waiting for Blizzard to stumble upon the answer eventually by trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by oriondc View Post
    You would think, wouldn't you? They are so arrogant and full of hubris they actually think things are fine, even with 1.7 million western subs. That's how lost in space the current dev/management team is.
    Yes... but something just crossed my mind. What if... Blizzard plans to begin to ending of wow? Announcing classic, a mysterious massive new diablo game. They are not panicking or anything like that. I know it might sound crazy but.. what if they are really planning the discontinuation of wow?

Tons of players don't use WAs. Those that never stepped into mythic raids probably don't use them and that's a vast majority. Sure, some who don't raid mythic do for whatever other reason, but they're probably former raiders or players who, for some other reason, wish to keep their performance at the best possible level (ie M+).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Imagine taking this as 100% accurate and coming here to bash BFA oof.

Game and world feels alive to me. I've never understood people's obsession with sub numbers. We don't need to know, and it is only brought up in speculation or to bash current game.
    "feels" alive, yeah that is because they have merged every dead server to your own realm, Guild wars 2 is a good example of this, make an account login in select one of 20 servers and login, ohh look the world is huge. wait a minute, all the servers are merged and this is just a fabriction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    "feels" alive, yeah that is because they have merged every dead server to your own realm, Guild wars 2 is a good example of this, make an account login in select one of 20 servers and login, ohh look the world is huge. wait a minute, all the servers are merged and this is just a fabriction
    Full experience is still a full experience though, isn't it?

The player base doesnt want to leave and come back in 9 months when Blizzard finally gets around to getting their shit together. People leaving and coming back near the end is the result of poor direction on Blizzard's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I think everyone, least of all WeakAuras, should be able to realize that 3.2M subs at the start doesn't include all sources as BfA sold over 3.4M copies prior to release. I'd guess it's either region specific or only includes active "paid" subs and not those with game time through codes or WoW tokens.
    I would be impressed if 3.4m people went out bought a copy but with digital purchases and pre ordering it skews the numbers so much, all the people wanting to play the allied races felt the NEED to buy BfA, regardless of if they play it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Full experience is still a full experience though, isn't it?
    Not exactly wrong friend, but it's still a bit worrisome no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The player base doesnt want to leave and come back in 9 months when Blizzard finally gets around to getting their shit together. People leaving and coming back near the end is the result of poor direction on Blizzard's part.
    Is it, though? I mean Blizz could go back to the old system where if you take a month off you're just permanently un-groupable because you missed out on that much iLevel. That'd be the kind of carrot that would make people never unsub. It'd also make the game a full time job to enjoy, but for the 1% it'd remove the desire to unsub periodically for silly things like other games, or jobs, or money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think what he is trying to say is that maybe the game is being designed out of a spreadsheet instead of out of love for the game.
    You would probably agree with this post I made although today I've been told I'm a paid Blizzard shill, in Blizzard's pocket and various other things. I'll link it because it doesn't have anything to do with this thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50298958

There's nothing wrong with it as long as it grows organically of having fun things to do - but many people would argue that some systems have been put in purely to waste time, without an appreciable gain in enjoyment. They're not complaining that they are subbing longer, they're complaining that they're doing so and not having all that great of a time getting where they want to go. Nothing wrong with incentive-based gameplay, but that doesn't mean reaching that incentive has to be miserable.

Another example would be designing systems around other forms of monetization, and hiding that under the guise of ostensibly productive reasoning - e.g. slowing the 1-80 leveling process to a crawl because they want to sell more boosts. Yes, the leveling process needed an overhaul, but that doesn't mean you have to turn it into a 3-days-playtime slug fest. And they did that not because taking three times longer to reach high level is that much more fun, but because that gives players a real incentive to spend real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    I would be impressed if 3.4m people went out bought a copy but with digital purchases and pre ordering it skews the numbers so much, all the people wanting to play the allied races felt the NEED to buy BfA, regardless of if they play it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly wrong friend, but it's still a bit worrisome no?
    Not really worrisome. It's the natural life cycle of a game that got to 12 million players and is now coming back to earth.

If anything I think WoW had too many servers open at its peak to start with.

The value of the game provides for the money is just too low. They ask for like $200 per year, or 3 full AAA titles.

Yeah, you could get more gameplay from it than 3 full AAA titles, but it's just repeating the same old daily quest or a dungeon for a better loot. If you buy slightly older games, you could get more gameplay hours for that value, with much better entertainment quality. I got Witcher 3 for like $10.

So, $15 per month plus $60 expansions is NOT ok for a game that is going to turn 15 soon and it hasn't offered anything new since 2008.