Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Why level up at all in a RPG? Why fight and explore to collect loot at all?

You don't seem to have enjoyed Baldur's Gate, Final Fantasy, KOTOR, Fallout, Dragon Age etc. Which I would like to ask why are you here at all?
    What are you on about? I never said I don't enjoy it?

I'm just curious about why Vanilla players are superior to retail players?

And to answer your question, just to show you how it is done: I'm here because I've played this game since Vanilla release, I love it. I've loved every expansion of it, I've loved every hour I've put into my characters over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It's not "having it his way", it's Blizzard specifically saying that it will be a museum piece, meant to preserve.
    It won't have any changes because they're aiming for a very specific demographic that likes the game as it was.

That's just how it is.
    I understand that you're upset, but if you don't like the product then it won't impact you in any way. Just let people enjoy what they want.
    So theychose to release an already fixed version of the game, why not fix it any further?

And I'm not upset. I never intended to play classic, and there'd have to be substantial changes for it to even get me interested. I'd like to know why people are gainst fixes while what they are getting is already a fixed product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Indeed, people have been asking for classic the way it was and are now getting it, or did I miss all the posts saying "I want WoW Classic - The Remake"?

I'm entitled? I have never asked for classic servers, never played private servers and will probably not play it when it's released. But I find it pretty retarded that now that the classic crowd are finally getting what they've been asking for, people come and ask for all kinds of changes to it.
    And I think it's retarded people want Classic at all, and don't want it to have some of the most obvious and gamebreaking bugs fixed.

Not going to play it either, btw. When I said 'you are entitled' I was more talking to the general 'we want classic' 'purist' crowd, not you personally, but I should have made that clearer, so, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    What are you on about? I never said I don't enjoy it?

I'm just curious about why Vanilla players are superior to retail players?

And to answer your question, just to show you how it is done: I'm here because I've played this game since Vanilla release, I love it. I've loved every expansion of it, I've loved every hour I've put into my characters over the years.
    Wow, you truly are a paragon of WoW.

I have already answered why it's more fun to me, in regards to progression were (as you asked in your original question). Only a derp will say Vanilla is superior period, but that is a pretty stupid question as well and not what you originally asked.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2018-10-14 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So theychose to release an already fixed version of the game, why not fix it any further?

And I'm not upset. I never intended to play classic, and there'd have to be substantial changes for it to even get me interested. I'd like to know why people are gainst fixes while what they are getting is already a fixed product.
    Since it's what people remember, it's what people have been playing in private servers for all these years, and it's just what people want.
    Sometimes what people want isn't necessarily logical, but everyone has their own tastes and quirks.

And I think it's retarded people want Classic at all, and don't want it to have some of the most obvious and gamebreaking bugs fixed.

Not going to play it either, btw. When I said 'you are entitled' I was more talking to the general 'we want classic' 'purist' crowd, not you personally, but I should have made that clearer, so, my bad.
    But why would it be retarded to want classic? It was a great version of WoW, sure it had its inconveniences and rough edges but all in all it felt like an adventure compared to how WoW is today. I'd say TBC was more refined and would be something that I'd seriously consider playing if they would release that later on. Do you think its retarded that people still want to play NES games? Most of them are shit compared to todays games but are still played by a lot of people, including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    I agree with all the points except the last one. It also prevents the no-lifers from finishing everything in one sitting without sleeping or bathing then coming onto the forums to whine about there being "no content."

Had one of those with BFA. In his post he said he hadn't slept since launch, had gotten to 120 on 3 toons and had completed all the regular mythics, and was berrating Blizz for making such little content.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2018-10-14 at 06:27 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

But why would it be retarded to want classic? It was a great version of WoW, sure it had its inconveniences and rough edges but all in all it felt like an adventure compared to how WoW is today. I'd say TBC was more refined and would be something that I'd seriously consider playing if they would release that later on. Do you think its retarded that people still want to play NES games? Most of them are shit compared to todays games but are still played by a lot of people, including myself.
    Because you cannot bring that sense of adventure back. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game, it is your perception of it back then. You, as in you who has played vanilla, you have explored that world. You have lived all its adventures, or most of them. Nothing they do can bring back the novelty. The reason you are missing that sense of adventure is not because it is missing, it is because you have been experiencing the same game for over a decade now. It's like eating the same meal over and over and over, it will start to taste bland, that doesn't mean that the meal got any worse.

As for the NES game - they cannot be patched, and they also weren't kept alive and kept evolving for 15 years. Kind of comparing apples and.. .pears. And even if you replay them, the novelty will never come back. No matter what you do. You'll never get the thrill of beating any of these games as the first time.

And people will to great lengths to decieve themselves into thinking that the game is to blame for that, because we always, always, look for any other possible explanation befor admitting that the fault might be with us.

I'm not saying that people won't have fun with Classic, but it will have nothing to do with classic. The factors that will shape their experience will be the people they play it with, not the game. And therefor, it makes no difference wether you make some balanceing tweaks or not, becasue it in no way will hinder the ability of the targe taudience to enjoy the game.

Because you cannot bring that sense of adventure back. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game, it is your perception of it back then. You, as in you who has played vanilla, you have explored that world. You have lived all its adventures, or most of them. Nothing they do can bring back the novelty. The reason you are missing that sense of adventure is not because it is missing, it is because you have been experiencing the same game for over a decade now. It's like eating the same meal over and over and over, it will start to taste bland, that doesn't mean that the meal got any worse.

As for the NES game - they cannot be patched, and they also weren't kept alive and kept evolving for 15 years. Kind of comparing apples and.. .pears. And even if you replay them, the novelty will never come back. No matter what you do. You'll never get the thrill of beating any of these games as the first time.

And people will to great lengths to decieve themselves into thinking that the game is to blame for that, because we always, always, look for any other possible explanation befor admitting that the fault might be with us.

I'm not saying that people won't have fun with Classic, but it will have nothing to do with classic. The factors that will shape their experience will be the people they play it with, not the game. And therefor, it makes no difference wether you make some balanceing tweaks or not, becasue it in no way will hinder the ability of the targe taudience to enjoy the game.
    Thanks for telling us how we will enjoy or not enjoy our free time.

Deleted
    Yes, Vanilla was more tedious and time-consuming, but it felt more real as a result. There were no cheap shortcuts, no instant-boost your character to max level. Everything took time, and as a result it felt more rewarding. I don’t play an MMO to have my hand held the entire way, I want to go out into a big world and explore. I don’t need arrows showing me where to go or teleporters taking me from one place to another, I want to go on the journey myself. The journey is what vanilla WoW is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Wow, you truly are a paragon of WoW.

I have already answered why it's more fun to me, in regards to progression were (as you asked in your original question). Only a derp will say Vanilla is superior period, but that is a pretty stupid question as well and not what you originally asked.
    I honestly don't give a donkeys ass as to why it is more fun to you. Never wondered about it.

I replied:
    "How can a simple game, where the only factor needed for progress in raiding is gear, be for superior people? I am honestly curious."

To this:
    "Spoken like a tru Wrathbaby or catafetus

Vanilla is for üBermenschen superior people."

Then you go on and talk about the the differences between two VERY different games - Mario and Zelda, which didn't even answer anything in my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

dafuq are you talking about? Someone who doesn't want to play vanilla the way it was, actually wants vanilla? While the people who want to play it exactly as it was doesn't? Makes much sense.
    As Skulltaker said - I want a fixed game. It is obvious that protection specced paladins are supposed to tank or shadow priests/boomkins DPS. You may not want any changes to vanilla (after all, the vanilla becomes not vanilla after that (unless we start looking at each vanilla patch...)), but I dare you to tell me that the game was in "finished" state.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    As Skulltaker said - I want a fixed game. It is obvious that protection specced paladins are supposed to tank or shadow priests/boomkins DPS. You may not want any changes to vanilla (after all, the vanilla becomes not vanilla after that (unless we start looking at each vanilla patch...)), but I dare you to tell me that the game was in "finished" state.
    You have bfa, it's the fixed game.