Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Threads like these prove how dumb most of you are
    Well, personally I am confused at how much vested interest people have over this.

Say it is true. Say the numbers are that bad or even worst. Great. The doomsayers were right. Then what? What do they get out of this apart a smug smile? Does it improve their life one bit?

As an active player, yes, I do have a passing interest but in the sense that I like see Blizzard continue active development in the game. Once that stops, I move on. There are other games and interest that can occupy my time.

But some people just have this obsession to see it fail. For what? Is it simply because the game is no longer fun for them and so they want to kill it? Kind of selfish attitude to have. And a rather unhealthy one. Possibly even unstable one. Now that is a scary though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it as long as it grows organically of having fun things to do
    Fun is subjective though. People love doing PVP; people love raiding. I'd sooner be tied to a chair and forced to watch C-SPAN for days on end than do those things.

I like world quests. I think they're a huge advance over the previous 1) 3 sets of rotating dailies or 2) those things in Warlords which at least had the single benefit that you could do them differently now and then. But I don't play every day. It's a good week for me and WoW if I play two nights during the week and for a few hours on weekends. And therein lies the problem. I like mythic and I like doing M+ with friends although we will never be pushing anything much over +8 to +10. This is fun for us. Beer runs are fun. LFR is stupid and silly a lot of the time but we can still make an effort and laugh among ourselves at those who are making asses out of themselves.

I do think that a lot of the content is same(ish). But we really don't know if Blizzard is tilting the design toward every day players or players like myself who are firmly off the gear treadmill and just want to log on and have fun with friends for a couple of hours. It doesn't make either one of us wrong. It's just different. And it would be great if we had more tolerance for 'different' and could deal with it without considering anything/anyone we disagree with as cancerous.

Re: leveling - There were literally dozens of threads every year complaining that leveling was too out-of-sync with the zones and that you would out-level the zone all the freaking time. So they paid attention and fixed that. They also made leveling a little bit more difficult (only a little bit) and there were threads about that all the time as well. People asked for that. I would say, "You really want leveling to take longer?" and often the answer was a qualified maybe. But it's true: it was too easy and it was too fast and it disrespected the old world zones for that reason. You can see it as monetization but it wasn't like adjustments weren't requested.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-16 at 04:22 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You would probably agree with this post I made although today I've been told I'm a paid Blizzard shill, in Blizzard's pocket and various other things. I'll link it because it doesn't have anything to do with this thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50298958
    Yes, i remember your specific post so well

I dont know, i stopped pretending i know what is best for the current game. I have absolutely no friggin idea anymore. No one does.
    If it was common knowledge it would have been done already

Sometimes time stops for me (while watching a youtube video discussing wow topics) and i start thinking...man this people (me included) are crazy.
    Everyone is so addicted to this game. We are like a cult or something
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-16 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is it, though? I mean Blizz could go back to the old system where if you take a month off you're just permanently un-groupable because you missed out on that much iLevel. That'd be the kind of carrot that would make people never unsub. It'd also make the game a full time job to enjoy, but for the 1% it'd remove the desire to unsub periodically for silly things like other games, or jobs, or money.
    You will have to point me to the proper Expansion because I had no issues gettin into the raiding groove even though I swapped classes, Servers and factions mid expansion during Wrath, Cata, MoP and Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes, i remember your specific post so well
    I still believe every word of it. What it is and the problems are making it something else. And that was just less than 24 hours ago. It's all very strange but I'm still convinced that people come for stories. That's the primary reason why people buy the expansion, level up, see the story and wave farewell until next time. It's all about stories. It's not nearly so much about class dynamics and theory-crafting for most people. They want stories. That's why they see movies, watch Netflix, read books.

Stories. Blizzard would do well to think about that. I have yet to meet up with anyone while playing that was fretting over subscriptions. That's a phenomenon that's mostly a creature of places like this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Doesn't quite work that way. The problem with Superman 64 is people still have to experience the sucky part if they forget and decide to replay it.

A few years on WoW expansions are judged by the community more based on nostalgia and the leveling experience than by the actual endgame lives we lived. Hence why stuff like the Dragon Soul or SoO droughts are now considered ancient history and Cata and MoP are held up in higher regard, because of their leveling content (especially as seen through the hyper-nerfed prism of today's WoW).

- - - Updated - - -

It has 44 million downloads.

Though 50% of the playerbase is still a very unlikely thing.
    Does it track individuals downloading it multiple times? I mean I've changed PCs 4 or 5 times over the course of the years. Join a facebook group and look at all the phone pics of basic UIs. These are people that won't even use DBM or bigwigs or any kind of boss mod.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    No, we want this information to be public.
    What you want is irrelevant. On what ground do you have to have that grants you access to this information?

Shareholders and players have a right to be outraged that the company is refusing to fix the problems the game has but instead focuses on shit that actually drives subs down. We want precisely the opposite: for the game to remain healthy and grow by being good enough to attract and retain new players.
    Are you a shareholder? Were you present at the meeting? Do you know what is happening inside Blizzard office?

Players are outraged. Sure. That has been the norm for every XP. If you know something more, then share them. Otherwise, this is just another rant by another disgrunted player.

And what problems are there in the game? Sure, I do not like the Azerite system. But what else? Raids are there. Dungeons are there. WQ are there. Questing is better. Mission table are there. All these were in Legion.

Notice their shareholder reports talk about engagement numbers now, metrics which they've been gaming in Legion and now BfA, but nothing about new players or growth. I wouldn't put a $0.01 into a company that wasn't pursuing growth or steady profitable revenue, so it's pretty frustrating that Blizzard is acting like an EOL company that's just squeezing golden flakes out of the goose that once laid golden eggs.
    You can think all you like. Blizzard does not need to provide any such information to the public unless they are legally required as a public limited company. Shareholders do have such information because they legally allow it. Does your bank tell how many new customers they have and how many accounts were closed?

Even if they do report, then what? All that will do is either prove or disprove what the doomsayers have been posting years ago.

Deleted
    It's all very strange but I'm still convinced that people come for stories. That's the primary reason why people buy the expansion, level up, see the story and wave farewell until next time. It's all about stories. It's not nearly so much about class dynamics and theory-crafting for most people. They want stories. That's why they see movies, watch Netflix, read books.

Stories. Blizzard would do well to think about that.
    And this is where i realize (yet again) everyone is different and plays for different reasons.
    I dont even know who Arthas is well he is the lich king you know

10+ Year Old Account
    You would probably agree with this post I made although today I've been told I'm a paid Blizzard shill, in Blizzard's pocket and various other things. I'll link it because it doesn't have anything to do with this thread:

Very good post for whatever my opinion is worth to you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted

Oh yeah, i was also spammed called a Blizzard shill when i made those threads defending Blizzard i remember now
    I completely lost my mind on those days!
    I was so mad about the current situation of MMO-C, lol i completely lost it!

I cant imagine how you feel seeing all this nonsense everyday.

At least i could ignore it for a while ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Also to add to that excellent post, isn't it funny that for years EJ touted itself as the "well-kept garden" of the WoW related sites. And now that they're running the show at Blizzard the biggest complaint everyone seems to have is their complete lack of communication and understanding of the community.

And when I say funny, I don't really mean funny.
    Heh. I constantly used to get timeouts at EJ because I would ask questions that they didn't consider smart enough. I get their point in a way but their class Q&A threads would stretch over sometimes hundreds of pages and the expectation seemed to be that you would know all of that before asking a question. In their favor though, it was a useful place if you could fit in with their forum meta. They really did change the game. Not for the better I think but that's just a personal opinion. But leaned the design toward technical engineering solutions. I still imagine that it robbed the game of something.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    "feels" alive, yeah that is because they have merged every dead server to your own realm, Guild wars 2 is a good example of this, make an account login in select one of 20 servers and login, ohh look the world is huge. wait a minute, all the servers are merged and this is just a fabriction
    Regardless of what your agenda may be in your mind with this thought process, the game is still alive enough with CRZ and overall playerbase to do literally anything you want. Nobody is struggling to fill a raid or find PvP partners or do group quests etc. Which is why the obsession with numbers doomsayers think they have is hilarious. Blues say they have no data less than 2 weeks ago showing "bleeding subs" and someone outside company posts numbers and people take it as word of Christ. So Blizzard lies but nobody else does, is backwards logic and is toxic.
    Last edited by Sastank; 2018-10-16 at 05:09 AM.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Blizzard might me making shit loads of money thanks to character boosts, transfers etc, but I want this game to be played by the millions. I want servers to be healthy.
    They no longer announce their active subs. Sorry wow might not be dying but clearly there is something wrong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    You will have to point me to the proper Expansion because I had no issues gettin into the raiding groove even though I swapped classes, Servers and factions mid expansion during Wrath, Cata, MoP and Warlords.
    That was mostly Vanilla/BC. Before the introduction of catchup mechanics. So you had to raid Karazhan to get the tier gear that was good enough to do SSC/TK to get the tier gear that was good enough to do Mt. Hyjal/BT to get the tier gear that was good enough to do Sunwell Plateau.

If you came in late, or took time off at the wrong time, you could expect to be LFG for the prior tier when everyone had moved onto the current tier.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Boi i knew people that raided kara from expansion start to finish cause they were to bad for the current tier but kara loot was still good. Good times.
    But we can have that anymore because that would be ElITiSt!
    So everyone can feel like a winner in their homogenized themepark ride
    I mean would people in 2018, with jobs and families now, follow a single-raid carrot on a stick like they could have in 2006 when they were in school (high or college)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Maybe sucess cant be achived if you run your product on literal life-support, which is pretty pathethic? How many people do you know that started to play in 2006 and played until 2018? Not many i wager.
    I never understand that logic, its not like new children aka new customers are stoped being born.
    I mean if you ask this forum, literally everyone will claim they started pre-cata (a chunk of them are probably lying or stretching the truth there).

Though on the issue of "new customers" I think we get into the much larger and much thornier issue of are MMORPGs a dying genre? Off the top of my head I can think of two mega-MMOs on the market right now and that's WoW and FFXIV. Everything else is just there with their maybe 500k players, dead, or at risk of dying. And that's just the state the industry has settled in. MMOs just ain't that cool anymore, haven't been since MOBAs came along to pop their late-00s bubble, and sure as hell aren't now that Battle Royales have popped MOBA's early-10s bubble.

Is a kid these days more likely to get into a time/money sink like WoW or FFXIV? Or a free-with-lootboxes, big-on-twitch game like LoL, or Fortnite?

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    There’s no way half of wow’s population has weakauras installed, end of story.
    This is completely irrelevant, as the reported numbers had nothing to do with having WA installed or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you ask this forum, literally everyone will claim they started pre-cata (a chunk of them are probably lying or stretching the truth there).

Though on the issue of "new customers" I think we get into the much larger and much thornier issue of are MMORPGs a dying genre? Off the top of my head I can think of two mega-MMOs on the market right now and that's WoW and FFXIV. Everything else is just there with their maybe 500k players, dead, or at risk of dying. And that's just the state the industry has settled in. MMOs just ain't that cool anymore, haven't been since MOBAs came along to pop their late-00s bubble, and sure as hell aren't now that Battle Royales have popped MOBA's early-10s bubble.

Is a kid these days more likely to get into a time/money sink like WoW or FFXIV? Or a free-with-lootboxes, big-on-twitch game like LoL, or Fortnite?
    I think this would be awesome.
    Less kids in game -> more fun for me
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status...12677578838016

PogU

RIP for the person getting fired tho

Is this also a breach of EU GDPR law?

Moderation note:

There have been a lot of further developments to this on the part of the WeakAuras developer (ummm...as it were). Here is some additional information:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...day_weakauras/
    "keep that in mind before spreading this as a fact. Just because something ended up being written on the internet, does not mean it's true."