View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    [QUOTE=ranzino;50303358]/snip/QUOTE]

Both Keir and Jeremy made clear that it isn’t a straightforward choice between the likely package that Theresa May brings back and no deal.

If we vote against it and it’s voted down in parliament, then there is the option of calling for a general election on the basis that the government is unable to deliver that outcome, that we would seek to reopen the negotiations on the basis of our alternative plan and then, failing all that, all other options are on the table.

asdfdaslkfdsjalfkjdslkfjadlskfjlskfjlsakjfklajlfsjkldsafjldsajfklsjflaskjfklsjflkjadsflngk jsngiewhifnicnjkncvcnnkcuntucntucnutncunt

come off the fucking fence

Sorry..
    You can't really dust for vomit.

[QUOTE=Nigel Tufnel;50304171]
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    /snip/QUOTE]

Both Keir and Jeremy made clear that it isn’t a straightforward choice between the likely package that Theresa May brings back and no deal.

If we vote against it and it’s voted down in parliament, then there is the option of calling for a general election on the basis that the government is unable to deliver that outcome, that we would seek to reopen the negotiations on the basis of our alternative plan and then, failing all that, all other options are on the table.

asdfdaslkfdsjalfkjdslkfjadlskfjlskfjlsakjfklajlfsjkldsafjldsajfklsjflaskjfklsjflkjadsflngk jsngiewhifnicnjkncvcnnkcuntucntucnutncunt

come off the fucking fence

Sorry..
    It is funny how this thread's title still holds true after many years....

There's no time for a GE. That's just insane. The EU may be slow, but once the wheels are turning, there is no going back. When they say this is the last realistic chance of finding an actual solution, they mean it. If the UK doesn't agree or it falls out afterwards, the EU will stop the negotiation and simply go into emergency mode to prepare for the fallout. They've planned this, they're ready. Oh, they might go through the motions of "negotiation" to show goodwill, but the EU has to get all 27 member states to ratify and agree to it in their national parliaments. That takes time...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    It is funny how this thread's title still holds true after many years....
    This isn't how I panned it out to be, honestly.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I honestly don't get Labours "We're on General election" footing that Corbyn has had them on since basically DUP made agreements with the Conservatives. Fact of the matter is that oppsition needs to be done and alternate plans need to be brought up. Yes it's good to say you're open to a peoples vote (applaud there) but still being on the fence as to what is just insane.

There's letting the Tories hang themselves, then there is "Well they're hanging themselves, but what will you do different?" At this point the only parties with a coherent plan are SNP (Who will never make a majority due to them not running south of the border), Lib Dems/Greens (Who will only be a minority in a coalition.) or Plaid (same issue as SNP but for Wales).

A general election is pretty much no deal confirmed and crawling back. Unless if Labour got into power first thing they do is "We recind article 50." on day 1. Because unless something is sorted out in 48 hours MAX it's over.

Just so us non-UK folks can get a feeling for the timetable here, how long would a GE take? There is a minimum preparation time I believe?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just so us non-UK folks can get a feeling for the timetable here, how long would a GE take? There is a minimum preparation time I believe?
    Normally 6 weeks from calling it to it happening. So if say Wednesday everything went to shit and she was more or less forced into calling one, earliest is last Wednesday of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Normally 6 weeks from calling it to it happening. So if say Wednesday everything went to shit and she was more or less forced into calling one, earliest is last Wednesday of November.
    Hrm, that's well past the last, last date the EU set for this process. So yeah, in effect this would be a no deal Brexit. I hope they can hammer out something decent this week. For your sake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring it on. Not one pro-EU MP in the running.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en...+Minister.html

An election won't happen though due to the Corbyn factor, the Conservatives will anoint the next PM, and whoever it is will not be as pro-EU as Theresa May. The EU had their best possible chance to to do a deal with remainer Theresa May, the stupid fools blew it.

Bring on that sweet no deal. Tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Hrm, that's well past the last, last date the EU set for this process. So yeah, in effect this would be a no deal Brexit. I hope they can hammer out something decent this week. For your sake.
    Northern Ireland is pretty much going to force a no deal either way.

Ireland rightfully is going to say no to any hard border between itself and the rest of the EU. Westminster will not be able to get through any deal that makes Northern Ireland essentially an Over Seas territory. Terrorist loving DUP will make sure of that, not to mention Scottish Conservatives already basically said if Northern Ireland is treated any differently to rest of UK they're mass resigning. Even though it is scottish parliament that's a major hit for May which she'll not recover. Any kind of deal will be rebelled by Rees-Mogg and co.

In regards to no deal, every day something new is brought up showing how bad it really is. Trade basically stops, anything leaving the UK even before the deadline will be turned back before it comes to the EU dock, WTO rules? USA, NZ, Brazil and few others have basically laughed and said no to May when she gave her ideas. Lorry Drivers will not be liscenced for anything or insured. That's just on top of my head, I know there's about 730 odd treaties that are basically ripped up.

Deleted
    the UK is so boned but this is what happens when you decide to vote away all of your power.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    the UK is so boned but this is what happens when you decide to vote away all of your power.
    They didn't know what they were doing. But the criminal negligience and incompetence of Johnsson and Farage... something needs to be done about that. It really borders on treason and I hate that those dicks will get away with it.

7+ Year Old Account

Don't be so silly. The UK behind the scenes has been making contingencies for a no deal for at least 2 years and is ready. In those immortal words the EU is not prepared and is only now with the November EU/UK summit likely cancelled considering its options. The EU lumbering elephant has no chance against the smaller and much more nimble UK.

Incoming UK tax haven just off the EU coast in the opening David vs Goliath salvo. The new Monaco if you will and a new Ferarri for anyone and everyone.

We inch closer day by day to that sweet no deal Brexit being confirmed, bring it on.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Don't be so silly. The UK behind the scenes has been making contingencies for a no deal for at least 2 years and is ready. In those immortal words the EU is not prepared and is only now with the November EU/UK summit likely cancelled considering its options. The EU lumbering elephant has no chance against the smaller and much more nimble UK.

Incoming UK tax haven just off the EU coast in the opening David vs Goliath salvo. The new Monaco if you will and a new Ferarri for anyone and everyone.

We inch closer day by day to that sweet no deal Brexit being confirmed, bring it on.
    Name the contingencies and how they will work.

Bye bye NHS and Armed forces.

Looking forward to the day the English stop squatting in Northern Ireland. Not long now.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

I'll put you back on ignore again, you're contributing nothing to this thread at this stage. Not even humour. Goodbye, I'm sure someone else will reply to you once you get your two braincells back together to assemble a coherent post that isn't complete fiction out of your ass. You're an embarassment for the Brexit movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

A general election is pretty much no deal confirmed and crawling back. Unless if Labour got into power first thing they do is "We recind article 50." on day 1. Because unless something is sorted out in 48 hours MAX it's over.
    The Labour Party is not your Remain vehicle.

Labour voters will accept a return to the EU if it means workers rights are properly protected. That is not an easy thing to negotiate.

Middle-class liberal sentiments have been prioritized for way too long by Blairites, you are going to have to wait for your Portugese waitress to bring you your latte I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by vulplarcher View Post
    Labour voters will accept a return to the EU if it means workers rights are properly protected. That is not an easy thing to negotiate
    You seem to be confused about what side in these negotiations is protecting worker rights and who are trying to win a chase to the bottom or at least secure some pensions for themselves.

Bye bye NHS and Armed forces.

Looking forward to the day the English stop squatting in Northern Ireland. Not long now.
    Why on earth do you think that Brexit will mean "Bye bye NHS and Armed forces"?

What do you mean by the English squatting in Northern Ireland? Are the sixty-odd thousand English people in NI living abandoned buildings or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll put you back on ignore again, you're contributing nothing to this thread at this stage. Not even humour. Goodbye, I'm sure someone else will reply to you once you get your two braincells back together to assemble a coherent post that isn't complete fiction out of your ass. You're an embarassment for the Brexit movement.
    Typical of the EU and you to be throwing a tantrum and sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalalala when presented with the cold hard facts.

Do you think I am Mrs May?

Brexit LIVE: Germany fury at May as EU deal on brink of collapse - 'TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...eeting-EU-deal

Contain your fury man, stop hiding in your cubby hole and calm down.

(p.s. Just because I am on your hallowed ignore list, thank God, it doesn't stop you see this when not logged in, but bye bye anyway I guess.)

Tick tock. Bwahahahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You seem to be confused about what side in these negotiations is protecting worker rights and who are trying to win a chase to the bottom or at least secure some pensions for themselves.
    vulplarcher is probably talking about left wing critiques that frame the EU as a capitalist club built on Hayekian principles from The Economic Conditions of Interstate Federalism and that this foundation leads inevitably to erosion over time of workers rights and a driving down of wages as global labor arbitrage disrupts local labor markets. So the Lexit theory goes - May fails and falls and a GE results in a Labour Government that can, free from EU state-aid, etc. constraints, start to build a genuinely left wing future for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why on earth do you think that Brexit will mean "Bye bye NHS and Armed forces"?

What do you mean by the English squatting in Northern Ireland? Are the sixty-odd thousand English people in NI living abandoned buildings or something?
    I'd guess because many of the architects of Brexit and the chief Brexiteers in charge are ideologically opposed to the notion of nationalised healthcare and would be delighted to sell it off. Carswell and Hannan wrote a shitty dystopian novel/political pamphlet about how in the first 12 months after Brexit we should (amongst other things) switch to a Singaporean style mixed public/private healthcare system and this is just the beginning for them:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0053KF0...ng=UTF8&btkr=1
    Similarly, it's no secret that people like Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Liam Fox and Jeremy Hunt have been vocal in the past about how private provision should replace the NHS.

On the squatting front - that's presumably a ref to potential Irish reunification which seems more plausible if Brexit damages the NI economy or the ability of people to move freely between the North and South.

Soz to anyone if I've misrepresented your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    vulplarcher is probably talking about left wing critiques that frame the EU as a capitalist club built on Hayekian principles from The Economic Conditions of Interstate Federalism and that this foundation leads inevitably to erosion over time of workers rights and a driving down of wages as global labor arbitrage disrupts local labor markets. So the Lexit theory goes - May fails and falls and a GE results in a Labour Government that can, free from EU state-aid, etc. constraints, start to build a genuinely left wing future for the country.
    I never get this view on the far left, when it comes to workers rights the EU has basically made it so every European country has better worker rights than what they had prior to joining and that mainland europe as a whole each and every country within the EU has much greater rights for workers than the UK has due to opt outs. The Tories have within their ranks enough members so ideologically opposed to worker's rights that even some of the republicans in the US might think these guys are a bit far.