Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Maybe non MMORPG players think it is okay. But MMORPG players acknowledge the flaws of BFA.
    *Looks at own join date.*

*Looks at own Steam.*

Yup, mmhm, 100% of all MMORPG players ever hate BFA. This is totally a fact and not a fallacy.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    *Looks at own join date.*

*Looks at own Steam.*

Yup, mmhm, 100% of all MMORPG players ever hate BFA. This is totally a fact and not a fallacy.
    Asmongold says he is still going to play BFA but he recognizes the flaws in BFA. If you consider yourself a MMORPG player at heart you would acknowledge that BFA is the worst MMORPG expansion released for WoW.

What MMORPG elements does BFA enhance or improve upon form previous expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold says he is still going to play BFA but he recognizes the flaws in BFA. If you consider yourself a MMORPG player at heart you would acknowledge that BFA is the worst MMORPG expansion released for WoW.

It enhances nothing, in fact it coasts based on Legion's successes. But to call it the worst to me is a good indication that you've never played WoD.... or Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Bfa has its problems but it’s still WoW at its core. I still like raiding and m+.
    basically this. if i didn't have a guild that was really fun to raid with, i'd probably have stopped playing simply because there are other games i want to play. bfa has its problems but i do think people are overstating sme of them. there has been plenty of bad design but this expac is still hundreds of miles better than wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    it's fun to hang out with my friends on wow
    BibleThump I wish I had friends left on WoW

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    Just wondering: it would make a lot of sense if people became unable to recognize that they're wasting their time on a bad expansion, after having invested so much money/time into this game?
    Yes.

I myself have played 13 years but I'm sick and tired of Blizzard doing shite with WoW, and due to other reasons ofcourse (Refer to my red text in the signature) I feel like WoW Is secondary to me and not as Important and I'm pretty sure I'd like the expansions a bit more if I wasn't banned on my main account for no good reason other than Blizzard's words and I quote "We have our reasons, bye"

But I'd still be like "What the fudge are you doing Blizz" cause to me, Legion Is the worst expansion to date, with BfA to soon take It's throne I'm very sure. And there's people who got lucky and weren't banned randomly or harassed by Blizzard staff and found reasons to hate them even more and still play this game tons and tons, so much so that they're blinded to any actual real criticism of the game, and these kind of players Activision Blizzard feeds upon right now. The last vestige of money from WoW, Is those kinds of players.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

It enhances nothing, in fact it coasts based on Legion's successes. But to call it the worst to me is a good indication that you've never played WoD.... or Cata.
    WoD had more MMORPG elements than BFA.

And the same with Cata.

Cata: Added new base line spells to classes, expanded glyph system introduced in WotLK. Gem slots were still part of gear. Tier sets. More enchant slots. Reforging.

WoD: New talent tier, Leveling perks, tier sets were at their zenith in WoD.

So what MMORPG elements does BFA have over Cata and WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had more MMORPG elements than BFA.

And the same with Cata.

Cata: Added new base line spells to classes, expanded glyph system introduced in WotLK. Gem slots were still part of gear. Tier sets. More enchant slots. Reforging.

WoD: New talent tier, Leveling perks, tier sets were at their zenith in WoD.

So what MMORPG elements does BFA have over Cata and WoD?
    So for you "MMORPG" translates to "new buttons to press."

Sounds to me like you're just using MMORPG as a buzzword. Like most of this forum, and most of the big youtubers who don't want to sound like they're just whining.

I brought the dictionary to bare in another thread and I'll do so again here.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world.
    A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG, or more commonly, MMO) is an online game with large numbers of players, typically from hundreds to thousands, on the same server.
    A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game and abbreviated to RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting.
    (Note: I can't generate the definition I used last time which also mentions that they interact with a managed game world.)

So if the basic MMORPG is, quite literally, massive, multiplayer, online, and an RPG then WoW has lost none of those features, and gained none of those feature. Everything about class design isn't "MMORPG" it's "This isn't the WoW I used to love."

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    "Everyone who likes the game is a noob".

Really?

You are going lower and lower.
    Do you think that is still possible?

So for you "MMORPG" translates to "new buttons to press."
    "
    And RPG requires character progress.

BFA fails the litmus test of that.

Even the only two things that could possibly be considered character progress (level 120 and gear) are nullified by scaling.

Thus a MMORPG requires character progress while a MMO does not.

BFA is not designed as a MMORPG in mind which is why it is the worst MMORPG experience that WoW has to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Do you think that is still possible?
    It is very possible if you look at the MMORPG elements pruned since WoD:

No new talent tier since WoD
    No new baseline class abilities since Mop
    Glyph system removed
    Gem slots made into RNG
    Enchanting slots pruned down to three slots?
    Level scaling nullifying the point of gaining levels

Just wondering: it would make a lot of sense if people became unable to recognize that they're wasting their time on a bad expansion, after having invested so much money/time into this game?
    The real issue is why people are super passive aggressive about the need to get people to think like they do. It isn't enough that they don't like something. They have to convince others that they don't like it either. Is this some reverse buyers remorse where people hate something and then get worried they were wrong when millions of other people seem to be enjoying themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about azerite armor to be honest, leveled up a priest, had only 11 lvl hoa and still managed to beat lotta teams at ~1500+ rating
    Its really not that great, i understand, but it makes me happy that gear aint that must have, like people crying over azerite pieces.
    in general i love the addon. Not because everybody hates it or it has some flaws of design, but because I found alotta stuff to do, not to mention Uldir is great.
    even tho Trash packs are the worst, I love Trial of Crusader style raids, lol
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I don't think so, the sunk cost fallacy doesn't apply because it isn't sunk cost, I've stopped playing but I don't regret subbing to this game for a decade since it was good fun.

People still play for a few reasons, some people enjoy BFA (don't ask me how), some people don't care about the sub cost and keep subbing regardless of their gametime, some people are in raiding guilds that depend on them. Players aren't just isolated cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just another thought: What are the sunk costs for someone who has quit the game and still hangs around forums poking at people and essentially stalking the game? Bigger waste of time frankly.
    addiction hoping that one day the game would return to how it was, yet itll never happen

Yes, feeling invested in their character makes some people quit later than they should.
    No, that doesn't make BfA a bad expansion. That just means you are playing an MMO.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I paid for BFA with gold, and I really like it.

I can tell you what the most likely reason is that I don't dislike it while others do.

I don't raid. Outside of LFR. So I really don't care how bad Azerite traits are. I don't grind Azerite. I just level up my different classes and do some world quests and dungeons. Gear really doesn't matter that much to me. My main druid is 350, my shaman is 347. And I don't really have any urge to grind anything to get better gear or Azerite or whatever. What matter mostly to me are cosmetics, so I level alts, especially the new Allied Races.

I would say you are the type of player that makes up a pretty large portion of the playerbase. A Casual Player who does LFR and levels alts. I am one of those types of players these days too. So i still get enjoyment from BFA.

I understand the plight of the more hardcore players though. I was once of those guys guys years ago. if i was still one of those guys. I would be just as upset. I still am a bit on their behalf, but like you said. Those issues don;t affect me nearly as much. Except the GCD change. god it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    I would say you are the type of player that makes up a pretty large portion of the playerbase. A Casual Player who does LFR and levels alts. I am one of those types of players these days too. So i still get enjoyment from BFA.

I understand the plight of the more hardcore players though. I was once of those guys guys years ago. if i was still one of those guys. I would be just as upset. I still am a bit on their behalf, but like you said. Those issues don;t affect me nearly as much. Except the GCD change. god it sucks
    I don't even know which abilities are affected by the GCD change cause I haven't noticed a difference.

Here's the catch: you do not get to be gatekeeper of who is and is not an MMORPG player. Neither does Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Here's the catch: you do not get to be gatekeeper of who is and is not an MMORPG player. Neither does Asmongold.
    If you are a true MMORPG player then you are absolutely the gatekeeper. You can't change the rules midstream and start calling MOBA players MMORPG players. That is not how it works.

For me the content is great while the systems are shit