Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Such a disappointing outcome.

It's marginally better than a straight 1/319 chance per Island to get any one item, of course, but if they're gonna tie things to specific mobs - and god forbid, the possibility of certain islands - I'd rather we be able to pick which of the three islands we want to do.

At least, when we go solo them in two expansions, I think we should be allowed to pick which Island.

God I hope the new islands share the same loot tables... it'd suck to get another 40 items added at this stage.
    Pretty much what I"m waiting on to do any of this - soloing it in the next expansion.

I *hate* pugging and the idea of trying to do this with two other people, with a 50/50 shot they are speed running... with the RNG and repetition...ugg.

Can't wait until we can solo them. *crosses fingers* I also hope this is a feature of only one expansion and they don't continue it.

Some of the elements of these particular scenarios are worth continuing into other content, but this particular model is ugg... so many fun things to be had...behind so many UGH mechanics.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    am I just unlucky? 18 Island Expeditions runs in 3 days: only one drop.

Summary
    Start Date: 2018/10/13 01:11
    End Date: 2018/10/16 18:06

Difficulty: Normal (completed 12 times, looted 1 items)
    Loot: Item:164291:[Plundered Seatusk Shiv] - looted 1 times
    Difficulty: Heroic (completed 6 times, looted 0 items)

I did everything: killed only rare elite, portal's bosses, invasions ... we tried to kill only one type of mobs, loot only large chests ...
    Everything useless. The theories on how we should be able to get drops, are bullshit.

It's all completely random.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Two days ago (14th of October) somebody in my HC group got the yeti mount, the cragwhatever.

We killed some yetis in the Kvaldir island.

FYI
    Do you remember if it was yetis or wendigos? And if you guys killed normal or elite or rare yetis/wendigos?

This last week i completed over 160 islands without any mount drop. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    am I just unlucky? 18 Island Expeditions runs in 3 days: only one drop.

Summary
    Start Date: 2018/10/13 01:11
    End Date: 2018/10/16 18:06

Difficulty: Normal (completed 12 times, looted 1 items)
    Loot: Item:164291:[Plundered Seatusk Shiv] - looted 1 times
    Difficulty: Heroic (completed 6 times, looted 0 items)

I did everything: killed only rare elite, portal's bosses, invasions ... we tried to kill only one type of mobs, loot only large chests ...
    Everything useless. The theories on how we should be able to get drops, are bullshit.

It's all completely random.
    I don't think it's random, i DO think the drop rates are estupido. I also am SURE there are nuances we do not know.

Deleted
    Done about 20 normal islands this week. Only got loot from 3 of them. BUT in one of them we killed tons of pirate and troll rares and i got 2 AP quest items and a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Pretty much what I"m waiting on to do any of this - soloing it in the next expansion.

I *hate* pugging and the idea of trying to do this with two other people, with a 50/50 shot they are speed running... with the RNG and repetition...ugg.

Can't wait until we can solo them. *crosses fingers* I also hope this is a feature of only one expansion and they don't continue it.

Some of the elements of these particular scenarios are worth continuing into other content, but this particular model is ugg... so many fun things to be had...behind so many UGH mechanics.
    I hear you - I've started to come across some seriously toxic players in these. To the point where im like, 'screw it i'm mining everything i can see just to get away from this person".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I don't think it's random, i DO think the drop rates are estupido. I also am SURE there are nuances we do not know.
    The only naunces to me is:drops are related to the island"... I got Barnaby pet 2 times, the first killing pirates rares the second one, we dont kill any pirates, but the island was Dire Mire and Barbaby wasnt drop for anyone before that week. I got Littlehoof without killing any kind of deer but the Island was one related to druids and driads.

Probably, islands are in rotations as well their loot table.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

The only naunces to me is:drops are related to the island"... I got Barnaby pet 2 times, the first killing pirates rares the second one, we dont kill any pirates, but the island was Dire Mire and Barbaby wasnt drop for anyone before that week. I got Littlehoof without killing any kind of deer but the Island was one related to druids and driads.

You may have not killed the related type of mobs, but someone from your team sure did, and that drop chance counts to you as well. I already drop littlehoof 4x times, always killing deer mobs, and barnaby i probably got 13x times, always with pirates killed.

With nearly 900 islands completed i can assure you that drops are 95% of the time related to something you or your team killed, and a few items it's just hard to tell if they drop from critters (like crocos, basilisk, wolfs, spiders, etc).

What I mean is - does victory matter? Does victory boost drop chance? Do the enemy team kills matter at all? Does mining matter at all? That kind of stuff, stuff we'll very likely _never know_. I obviously believe in the general theory of mob types and linked drops.

Furthermore - how are drops spread out across your team? Is it a further 1/3 that _you_ get the drop if your team hits the lottery and something actually is determined to drop? Is _that_ roll weighted in any way? We know none of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathure View Post
    Do you remember if it was yetis or wendigos? And if you guys killed normal or elite or rare yetis/wendigos?

This last week i completed over 160 islands without any mount drop. =/
    They were yetis, we killed normal, 1 rare and elite yetis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am doing around 10 IE normals a day and I am only focusing themed mobs I know are tied to have Mount/pet, but so far I've gotten 6 pets and 0 mounts. This grind is gonna be the end of me..
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Did 38 expeditions last week. 4 rep items, 3 mogs/boes. No pets/mounts.

A total of 314 expeditions now done. 0 mounts so far, 12 out of 28 pets. Missing 6 quests.

Getting a bit discouraged to be honest... It's becoming one of the hardest mount farms I've ever done

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done around 850 if not more, seen three guildies get squawks and another get Qinsho's. Pretty hard not to get discouraged, esp when you aren't even getting tmog or pets frequently enough to make a decent profit.

Really hope the changes they make in 8.1 are big enough to make the grind at least less painful... buff they implemented feels like nothing. And we know now it isn't simply we're killing the wrong things... just simple case of stupid rng.

Hi guys, I was spamming the hell out of IEs this week on my DH because the bonus item was extremely OP for eye beam. I don't have anyone in my friend circle/guild that is interested in IEs at all past the weekly cap tho. Is there a IE community that I can join on US horde side that has people queing together and targeting rares? Otherwise would anyone US H want to message me their realID to add them for some farming? (or start a community even?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    What I mean is - does victory matter? Does victory boost drop chance? Do the enemy team kills matter at all? Does mining matter at all? That kind of stuff, stuff we'll very likely _never know_. I obviously believe in the general theory of mob types and linked drops.

Furthermore - how are drops spread out across your team? Is it a further 1/3 that _you_ get the drop if your team hits the lottery and something actually is determined to drop? Is _that_ roll weighted in any way? We know none of this.
    It is very hard to tell whether victory matters or not since drop chances are already low and even if there was some data about losses it could just be variance. Since loot can drop from losses, though, it's likely that it's just a /roll on the list of things you killed/looted that's done at the end, which is probably personal. A lottery among the team members sounds illogical... First of all it would be a more complicated algorithm than personal roll, so why would Blizzard do it, and second, it would just encourage kicking someone at the end. 99% you don't compete with your team mates for loot.

As for mining and wooden chests, they do drop stuff, but they're largely irrelevant. Azerite nodes (and presumably azerite elementals) can drop an extra chunk of azerite and a quest item you can turn in for 250 Champions of Azeroth rep. Chests can drop quest items you can turn in for 250 Zandalari/Voldunai/Talanji's Expedition (or Alliance equivalents) rep, and possibly the pet Scuttle. The members of the opposite team can drop a quest item for The Honorbound/7th Legion.

You only get loot from what your own team kills and loots. You'll want to steal as many relevant mobs as you can from the other guys. You won't get loot from a type of mob simply because it's spawned on the island, you have to actually kill them. All this was deduced a couple of weeks back when we could use the Rabbit's Charm to clear the islands with very selective strategies (basically only 1 type of mob killed, and the rest mining/chest looting).

It's noteworthy that every island starts with one small camp of "foreign" mobs in one out of 2 or 3 possible spawn points. These mobs can be mogu or pirates among other things, so if you're in a farming group, you should make it a priority to go to these spawn points (with stealth, water walking or plain brute force) and make sure it's your team who kills them and not the other one. Unfortunately, this camp is NOT an indicator of what the invasion will be, they are both independent and random.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It is very hard to tell whether victory matters or not since drop chances are already low and even if there was some data about losses it could just be variance. Since loot can drop from losses, though, it's likely that it's just a /roll on the list of things you killed/looted that's done at the end, which is probably personal. A lottery among the team members sounds illogical... First of all it would be a more complicated algorithm than personal roll, so why would Blizzard do it, and second, it would just encourage kicking someone at the end. 99% you don't compete with your team mates for loot.

As for mining and wooden chests, they do drop stuff, but they're largely irrelevant. Azerite nodes (and presumably azerite elementals) can drop an extra chunk of azerite and a quest item you can turn in for 250 Champions of Azeroth rep. Chests can drop quest items you can turn in for 250 Zandalari/Voldunai/Talanji's Expedition (or Alliance equivalents) rep, and possibly the pet Scuttle. The members of the opposite team can drop a quest item for The Honorbound/7th Legion.

You only get loot from what your own team kills and loots. You'll want to steal as many relevant mobs as you can from the other guys. You won't get loot from a type of mob simply because it's spawned on the island, you have to actually kill them. All this was deduced a couple of weeks back when we could use the Rabbit's Charm to clear the islands with very selective strategies (basically only 1 type of mob killed, and the rest mining/chest looting).

It's noteworthy that every island starts with one small camp of "foreign" mobs in one out of 2 or 3 possible spawn points. These mobs can be mogu or pirates among other things, so if you're in a farming group, you should make it a priority to go to these spawn points (with stealth, water walking or plain brute force) and make sure it's your team who kills them and not the other one. Unfortunately, this camp is NOT an indicator of what the invasion will be, they are both independent and random.
    Yes yes. There are still many, many unknowns, which was my point. Especially with regards to Victory, and loot distribution. I know, understand, and believe the basics. One would be foolish not to, at this point.

I forgot to post it, but it shouldn't have an impact anyway.
    I leveled two twinks from 110-120 last week per expeditions and got the candle toy on skittering hollow. Havent seen a rar mob i havent killed hundred times before, but i noticed the whole pit was covered with candles. Has anyone else noticed environment changes like this?

Also has anyone else noticed some invasion bosses like the pirate and mogu ones can spawn inside the portal and on the island at the same time?

Deleted
    Is there some nerf this week??

We did 6 normal expeditions, killing rares and looting rare chests, as usual. And got ZERO drops combined.

Then we did one HC just to be sure and also got nothing.

Is this a bug? a VERY bad luck? or some retarded hidden nerf??

just did all my islands, got no invasions and no items. This system is very very bad. I have almost 200 doubloons let us freakn buy the god damn rewards with these please.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    just did all my islands, got no invasions and no items. This system is very very bad. I have almost 200 doubloons let us freakn buy the god damn rewards with these please.
    "All my islands"? "no invasions"?

You might be doing it wrong. Do normals and you get an invasion every single time unless you just aoe all the trash instead of killing rares