Thread: asmongold

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    lol no1 trying to argue the point I said about asmon saying he won't unsub because it wouldn't change anything. Instead they think I am jealous of him rofl. Money isn't everything and I am glad I don't look like him or have his life.

God the days of totalbiscuit and swifty being the go to's is so far away now. Never thought i'd see it devolve to people who make fienbros tier 'react' videos and live in a literal pile of trash like actual vermin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    People can't think for themselves so they follow what's "popular" and easy
    Thanks, but I am very much able to think for myself. Why am I not allowed to like what Asmon says about the game? He says what a lot of us are thinking right now, in a respectful and not even aggressive tone. He doesnt just flame the game and says "It's so bad, WoW is shit!". Instead he talks about a lot of points that went wrong in the last years and especially in BfA.
    Asmon is kind of my last hope for Blizzard to change the direction this game is going. I made up my mind about BfA way before Asmon uploaded the last video. So why can't I support him? I don't want to create thread #9999 about how this game went to shit for a lot of people, I don't even think my english is good enough to express my feelings in a decent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I think you'd be absolutely right under normal circumstances.

The problem is, right now, it seems all of the people who do regular WoW reaction videos -- Asmongold, Preach, Taliesin & Evitel, Bellular, Signs of Kelani, DalaranGaming, and a bunch of others -- all seem to have the same opinions about the game. That's disturbing when they're all pretty negative. And maybe it means we need to realize that the echo chamber is right in this instance.
    The truth is, the echo chamber is never wrong. All you ever have against the echo chamber is a different opinion, but the collective opinion is never wrong.

Whether you are for flight or against flight, whether you were for Classic or against Classic, it's all objectively correct. It just depends on who you think is right or wrong. We hear what we want to hear while we believe the rest falls on deaf ears. That's how echo chambers work.

I've seen YTers criticizes BFA heavily in one video, praises a new patch the next. The viewers cherry pick what they like, and the YT will make more videos based on what the audience wants. Azerite sucks, it's easy to make material talking about how much it sucks, and people will eat it up because everyone feels the same way. I don't even play WoW and I can see how strong that sentiment is from watching various YTers and streamers all talk about it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2018-10-16 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    His most recent video does a fairly impressive job of describing the totally s**t state that WoW is in at present.

Even as someone whose favourite expansions were TBC/WOTLK and MoP, I am actively looking forward to Classic WoW at this point. He's saying what a lot of people are thinking, whether partially or entirely.
    but do you trust blizzard even with classic WoW?

what if activision push RNG and ingame mount onto classic wow?

Deleted
    I'd rather watch you jacking off than see any of sodapoppins videos. I watched one. And yeah, I'd rather watch some dude jacking off, than his videos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    God the days of totalbiscuit and swifty being the go to's is so far away now. Never thought i'd see it devolve to people who make fienbros tier 'react' videos and live in a literal pile of trash like actual vermin.
    The streamers rarely make the react videos themselves. Fans send them videos while they are streaming, so they check them out. Then someone generally just rips a clip of this "reaction" and posts it on youtube for views, completely unaffiliated to the actual streamer.

Maybe if you took a second to think you would have actually noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I think you'd be absolutely right under normal circumstances.

The problem is, right now, it seems all of the people who do regular WoW reaction videos -- Asmongold, Preach, Taliesin & Evitel, Bellular, Signs of Kelani, DalaranGaming, and a bunch of others -- all seem to have the same opinions about the game. That's disturbing when they're all pretty negative. And maybe it means we need to realize that the echo chamber is right in this instance.
    I guarantee you the same people were negative about every expansion they've played. Being positive doesn't get you views.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

He summarized the problems with bfa and the weird direction the game is heading. All of it has been said by "forum nobodies" to big names. Who cares who said it first, or who is doing a video about it? If you think the same, be happy that someone with a name tries to make some changes, it's a shared cause. If you disagree, say why. But mMany people (that I put immediately on ignore) just shout "I'LL FORM MY OWN OPINION I DON'T NEED SOME SHITTY YOUTUBER TO SAY IT FOR ME!" but then they never say what they think...

Deleted
    He's just some nerd living in a basement. He's fun to watch but not some kind of Messiah.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I guarantee you the same people were negative about every expansion they've played. Being positive doesn't get you views.
    Thats a very good point.
    Not all but some of them out there know a fair number of people are unhappy
    = more likes and views.

I know T&E have taken some serious crap for a less negative tone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    I'd rather watch you jacking off than see any of sodapoppins videos. I watched one. And yeah, I'd rather watch some dude jacking off, than his videos.
    Why can't you watch both?

So anyone have an argument to asmongolds not unsubbing reason besides because he doesn't feel it would change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He summarized the problems with bfa and the weird direction the game is heading. All of it has been said by "forum nobodies" to big names. Who cares who said it first, or who is doing a video about it? If you think the same, be happy that someone with a name tries to make some changes, it's a shared cause. If you disagree, say why. But mMany people (that I put immediately on ignore) just shout "I'LL FORM MY OWN OPINION I DON'T NEED SOME SHITTY YOUTUBER TO SAY IT FOR ME!" but then they never say what they think...
    The biggest issue I have with YTers like asmongold is that he's making low-effort content. It's one thing to make a video outlining the common issues with the game but it's another entirely to present possible solutions to the problems. In that sense, I prefer Bellular's WoW content because while he usually isn't overly critical of Blizzard he at least does a decent job assessing the information and presenting alternatives instead of just repeating the same boring nonsense we've all heard a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy138 View Post
    So anyone have an argument to asmongolds not unsubbing reason besides because he doesn't feel it would change anything?
    I'm going to flat out admit that I'd rather have my testicles forcibly removed than actually watch one of his shit dribbling diatribes, so I don't know what he said, but regardless of what that idiot said, he's never going to actually unsub because it will kill his views, thus it will kill the money he's making off morons. It's as simple as that.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I'm going to flat out admit that I'd rather have my testicles forcibly removed than actually watch one of his shit dribbling diatribes, so I don't know what he said, but regardless of what that idiot said, he's never going to actually unsub because it will kill his views, thus it will kill the money he's making off morons. It's as simple as that.
    every1 ignoring my statement on this and instead talking about the parrot thing lol. No1 has any argument to how retarded why asmon won't unsub is.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    He makes money via Twitch subs and donations on that game so the game is free for him.

How the fuck isn’t his reasoning obvious? If he’s not going to unsub himself, why would he tell other people to?

Asmongold isn’t a variety streamer. He makes his living on WoW and people would take his opinion even less seriously if he said “yeah stop playing. I won’t do that, but I want you to do that.”

Taking advice from a small room dwelling, garbage hoarder with no social life other than WoW is bad stuff so it's no wonder these people worship.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

every1 ignoring my statement on this and instead talking about the parrot thing lol. No1 has any argument to how retarded why asmon won't unsub is.
    I can't argue or agree with you because I don't know the context of what he said. All I'm pointing out is, regardless of what he said, he's not going to quit because it'll effect his income. That's his true motivation.