Thread: asmongold

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I dislike him because I can't get over his overwhelmingly punchable face. I know it's shallow as hell, but I just see his face and it awakens a hate in me.
    LOL, at least I'm not alone. That, and seeing the utter filth that he lives in just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    How the fuck isn’t his reasoning obvious? If he’s not going to unsub himself, why would he tell other people to?

Asmongold isn’t a variety streamer. He makes his living on WoW and people would take his opinion even less seriously if he said “yeah stop playing. I won’t do that, but I want you to do that.”
    Well sparky. kids at twitch chat (transmog contestants, stream snipers) are subbed to the game and are giving big blizzard cash flow. Asmongold doesn't tell the truth as to why he won't unsub and instead creates some trash narrative that it wouldn't change anything keeping his fans subbed to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy138 View Post
    Well sparky. kids at twitch chat (transmog contestants, stream snipers) are subbed to the game and are giving big blizzard cash flow. Asmongold doesn't tell the truth as to why he won't unsub and instead creates some trash narrative that it wouldn't change anything keeping his fans subbed to the game.
    You also realize that he doesn’t pay for the game, right? He uses wow tokens most likely. He’s got the gold for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold and his ilk are hypocrites: shits on the game; constantly criticizes it; makes his living off half-baked remarks.

But like all good cowards, he refuses to bite the tit that feeds him. He knows without WoW, he has nothing: he's not entertaining; he's not charismatic; he probably sucks at other games since all he's played for the last 14 years is a themepark experience on-rails. He'd get eclipsed by any other variety streamer on already saturated medium that's increasingly more and more difficult to break through.

He could stop playing WoW and start playing something else until the game gets changed to his liking but a guy with an ego like his is scared of being called "irrelevant" within a community he's worked so hard to curate.

If the game was truly in dire shits, then you'd see the same roadmap as what happened in WoD being implemented: current raid tier being cut short; more emergency-type content being dumped ASAP; cut the lifecycle of the expansion from 2 years to 1.5 years. From what we can gather based on CM posts, not only is none of the dumpster flaming happening internally but Ion confirmed that releasing content has become the #1 priority, meaning the game is healthy by all metrics.

You also realize that he doesn’t pay for the game, right? He uses wow tokens most likely. He’s got the gold for it.
    Must of skimmed over me stating that because hes streaming WoW hes getting more people subbed to WoW, so you are saying all those people use tokens?

You do realize that those tokens are bought by players at a markup right? Blizz makes more money through tokens than a normal sub...

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    Asmongold and his ilk are hypocrites: shits on the game; constantly criticizes it; makes his living off half-baked remarks.

But like all good cowards, he refuses to bite the tit that feeds him. He knows without WoW, he has nothing: he's not entertaining; he's not charismatic; he probably sucks at other games since all he's played for the last 14 years is a themepark experience on-rails. He'd get eclipsed by any other variety streamer on already saturated medium that's increasingly more and more difficult to break through.

He could stop playing WoW and start playing something else until the game gets changed to his liking but a guy with an ego like his is scared of being called "irrelevant" within a community he's worked so hard to curate.

If the game was truly in dire shits, then you'd see the same roadmap as what happened in WoD being implemented: current raid tier being cut short; more emergency-type content being dumped ASAP; cut the lifecycle of the expansion from 2 years to 1.5 years. From what we can gather based on CM posts, not only is none of the dumpster flaming happening internally but Ion confirmed that releasing content has become the #1 priority, meaning the game is healthy by all metrics.
    perfect word to describe asmongold: hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You do realize that those tokens are bought by players at a markup right? Blizz makes more money through tokens than a normal sub...
    That has nothing to do with anything lmao

Asmongold doesn’t care about that because he himself isn’t paying. It doesn’t get any more complicated than that.

Has he directly told his fans to unsub? I don't understand what kind of hypocricy you're trying to point out if he hasn't.

One can be a critic while still being a fan. Fans are usually the harshest critics. You can still watch Star Wars movies and be a Star Wars fan who watches every movie that comes out even if you hate the Prequels or whatever movie in the series.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2018-10-16 at 11:20 PM.

The dude has raised valid points. That's all that matters. Quit bitching.

So anyone have an argument to asmongolds not unsubbing reason besides because he doesn't feel it would change anything?
    He is where I was in... WoD: too deep into the game to give it up, but the direction I fundamentally didn't like seemed to not change either. Now, 2 expansions later, and both being fundamentally unacceptable for me, I had to rethink my invest in the game: every mount/toy/pet/achieve I get is just more time wasted on something that's unlikely to change. (honestly: does anyone think wow will go back to no gcd, no forced personal loot, no rngfest, no stripped classes, no shitty grinds at this point?) But then again, my income is not dependant on the game, his is. So he kinda has to play. Which is yeah a bit controversial....
    If I don't like something, say Island expeditions' reward structure, I won't play it. This is where peer pressure comes in. He is a collector, so he thinks he has to participate. Others are running the hamster wheel, so he "has" too. The moment I realized the game is probably not getting better, in fact it's worse and worse (for me), and this is not the game I fell in love with, all of a sudden my collecting mood went down with it as well. And then I realized it's pointless to play if i either refuse to participate in shitty activities, or I don't agree with the game system.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-10-16 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I mean he appeals to a vocal crowd. I generally avoid him, Danger dolan, and many other warcraft personalities, bc they'e just so unbearably pessimistic. I don't mind criticism, but they're basically paid to complain at this point. T&E are the opposite, in which they're at times overbearingly optimistic and can be condescending to viewers.
    Youtube personalities attract people who want validation for the same beliefs. I like the middle ground of Bellular a bit more, but even he can beat the dead horse a bit, esp when he makes comments like "as a developer" when he's never worked on a system or on a scale comparable to Blizzard's.

Generally people know these personalities only suggest theories and pose opinions. That's why they don't work for Blizzard or other major gaming companies and have zero knowledge on how to properly fix these issues like they claim to be able to. There is no fast fix, no easy button tap, no trick or twist like they all claim exists.

They're sensationalist. They see the mood of their audience, feed off of it, and make a quick buck. It's like the news, only a warcraft edition.
    Asmongold is just one of many personalities, feeding on the topic of the day. I don't harbor anything personal against him, he's just like everyone else on youtube. They'll circle jerk any topic that will give them a fix, it's been happening for years.
    Yup, Rozz got it

10+ Year Old Account
    perfect word to describe asmongold: hypocrite
    I wouldn't say that, remember he's getting paid to play this garbage. No matter how shitty BfA is, but playing a game is always better than a real job. He would be so stupid to stop streaming WoW right now, people that aren't paid, hate the game and yet are still subscribed are the real hypocrites/stupids.

I don't know. But he must smell terribly. And his place must be a total mess. Ewww.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asmongloid does the same thing Ion does only difference is his room looks like it reeks of cat piss so WoW players are able to identify with him better than with the fancy Harvard lawyer.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's really saying unsubbing won't improve the game? Surely if all big streamers got bored of it and stopped playing it, they would notice their game is in a bad state and will prioritize getting things fixed that caused people to stop playing. But a person like asmongol wouldn't stop, because he streams nothing else and would lose half of this viewers if he streamed something else, most likely. Still, that's a ton of viewers, more than most others have!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain to me why everyone is acting like asmongold is the second coming of jesus? He restates the same shit everyone has been saying so why are people sucking him off? The dude says he doesn't unsub because he thinks it won't change anything when in reality it's because it's his job. He twists his words to make sure that it doesn't look bad that he is still subbed to the game. His cult follower of yes men agreeing to everything he says, all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.

He streams WoW= more of his viewers will keep subbing to WoW.

Sodapoppin is much more real as he stopped streaming bfa.
    If you look past the addict nature he's pretty intelligent and makes some good points when he's not acting like a douche. Pretty hard and requires some patience. Don't have to look, listening is enough. As long as people don't feel they're heard, they'll throw their lot in with the streamers they agree with hoping to get through to the devs and past the accountants. Quitting is the last course of action and many just want something better to return to in the future than completely walk away.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    If you look past the addict nature he's pretty intelligent and makes some good points when he's not acting like a douche. Pretty hard and requires some patience. Don't have to look, listening is enough. As long as people don't feel they're heard, they'll throw their lot in with the streamers they agree with hoping to get through to the devs and past the accountants. Quitting is the last course of action and many just want something better to return to in the future than completely walk away.
    Intelligent? He literally just quotes and rephrases what has already been said a hundred times over.

I think the better question to be asking is why are so many casual players and SJWs triggered by him. Grown men crying on forums because the big bad streamer offended them. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Why are wow streamers generally so ugly looking? I mean look at that fatso Preach and now this malnourished bucktooth Asmongold.