Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Why does Blizzard Release WoW Classic?

I think WoW Classic was not originally a Blizzard idea, but rather a request from a lot of players and fans.

I have played since Vanilla, and the game has evolved so much over the years. The gameplay has greatly improved.

Vanilla had so many quality of life issues if we look back at it today:

No pet/mount/toy collection tab
    No LFR/LFG
    No transmog/reforge
    Weapon skills
    Spell ranks
    Key rings
    Reagent for buffs
    Arrows, bullets, poisons, etc
    No in-game quest helper (not even quest helper addon, check thottbot or whatever)
    Compared to today, raid boss mechanics were crazily simple, and class rotation were almost non-existant
    and ofc vastly inferior graphics
    the list can go on and on

For old players, the only reason to play classic is for nostalgia, as the only thing better we had back then was probably the community, which will never come back again. You liked classic back then because it was new, but classic servers will never give you that feeling because it was a 10+ years old stuff you have played again and again.

For new players, I don't even see why you would like to play an old game that is inferior in almost every way compared to today's wow.

As for blizzard, why do they even make classic servers? We have different versions of the same game because there are some vanilla fans? And what is next? TBC servers for BC fans and wrath servers for wrath fans in the future?

If people think artifact power grinding is blizzard trying to prolong people's game playing time and milking more money from subscribers, this classic server idea sounds like an even more desperate way.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2018-10-17 at 01:07 AM.

As I posted elsewhere I think the main reasons for Classic is to both; get former players to return; and to find out where they went wrong.
    Pretty sure "Return of the Lich King" will eventually be a thing later on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because they thought we didn't want it... but we did?

No. The gameplay didnt improve.
    Well, it did up until Wrath, then it went to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    nailed it!

ps: LFR ruined server communities and the knowing people on your server and bonding

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    As I posted elsewhere I think the main reasons for Classic is to both; get former players to return; and to find out where they went wrong.
    Pretty sure "Return of the Lich King" will eventually be a thing later on.
    Probably.

As a former player, personally, I have no desire to play classic at all. I don't think I can stand vanilla anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrath still had spell ranks, weapon skills, arrow, bullets, poisons etc.
    Wrath didn't have mount/pet/toy tabs.
    Wrath didn't have heirlooms/transmog
    Warth didn't have dungeon journals

There are a lot of quality of life improvement over the years, people just don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt View Post
    nailed it!

ps: LFR ruined server communities and the knowing people on your server and bonding
    That was one part of it, CRZ also played a part in this.

The only real thing I wish they would do with Classic is fix the broken specs (Shadow Priest, Feral, Ret that stuff) From what I've seen.. These specs are good in their own ways.. But people aren't gonna let you raid as them. I doubt they will fix this, cause the vanilla babies would be like "That's not classic."

Because it's free money. People will pay to play 14 year old content.

No reason it shouldn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    For new players, I don't even see why you would like to play an old game that is inferior in almost every way compared to today's wow.
    wrong

What if i told you i enjoy more the old system than the new systems?

No transmogs
    Epics being epic
    Only one raid difficulty
    spell ranks
    talents
    aggro management
    No LFD
    No CRZ
    Harder leveling experience

All of this may seem "inferior" to you, but for me? Pfft, best features ever.
    And yes, not having features is a feature in itself

Because there's a market for it. When people will spend money, businesses are smart to capitalize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really agree with that.
    Peak gameplay regarding classes game with MoP, with a definite dip in Cata era.

WotLK is easily a close second however.
    And I am going by objectively how many options you had in encounters when it came to your toolkit and overall flow of specs.

No pet/mount/toy collection tab / Doesn't matter
    No LFR/LFG / No one wanted this
    No transmog/reforge / No one wanted this
    Weapon skills / Annoying but a very small part of the game.
    Spell ranks / Actually useful if you know how to utilize lower skill ranks properly (using less mana / lower cast times for spells to use for snares etc..)
    Key rings / I wouldn't mind having this tbh
    Reagent for buffs / part of an mmo
    Arrows, bullets, poisons, etc / part of an mmo
    No in-game quest helper (not even quest helper addon, check thottbot or whatever) / There's already addons made for private servers, and I'm sure there's going to be addons made for classic to help people quest.
    Compared to today, raid boss mechanics were crazily simple, and class rotation were almost non-existant / Agreed, I'm sure most people agree that the raids are going to be easy, but that's the way she goes.
    and ofc vastly inferior graphics / I'm sure more people want game play > graphics at this point

I'd say it's to keep people subbed. If they bundle in Classic with the regular WoW subscription, it would make sense to assume that players would go back and forth from Retail to Classic when they get bored of one of them but their sub would remain active the entire time.

It's basically like putting in minimal work for extra profit. I'd say they held out on it for this long because of pride but even that wanes.

to make more money. lol, it's obvious..

they want to take the money from all hardcore gamer who only love vanilla with the monthly sub (you could tell me that those players could pay with gold, well good luck with vanilla currency lol)

that said : i play wow since vanilla and will probably remake the warrior elf i've played at vanilla for the fun when i have nothing to do in bfa live, because well, i've loved that warrior tank ^^ and remind me the nostalgia that will probably pop while leveling it
    Last edited by kaintk; 2018-10-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    wrong

What if i told you i enjoy more the old system than the new systems?

No transmogs
    Epics being epic
    Only one raid difficulty
    spell ranks
    talents
    aggro management
    No LFD
    No CRZ
    Harder leveling experience

All of this may seem "inferior" to you, but for me? Pfft, best features ever.
    And yes, not having features is a feature in itself
    What you said may be right for players back in the days.

But if we look back at it, most of the features you listed won't be considered "FUN" for today's players.

Deleted
    What you said may be right for players back in the days.

But if we look back at it, most of the features you listed won't be considered "FUN" for today's players.
    no one knows

And thats the problem

I believe not even Blizzard themselves know if Classic will be a success or not.

This is all an experiment

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    No LFR/LFG / No one wanted this
    ummm I'm gonna say that people kinda DID want that...at least LFG since that did solve a LOT of smaller servers issues like lower levels not really being ABLE to actually do dungeons due to not enough people at the level bracket to actually do dungeons WITH...I don't know about you but about mid wrath LFG BRD turned into LF someone to carry me through BRD cause I can't find anyone who's level fucking 47-60 to actually do the damned dungeon with.

I think WoW Classic was not originally a Blizzard idea, but rather a request from a lot of players and fans.

I have played since Vanilla, and the game has evolved so much over the years. The gameplay has greatly improved.

Vanilla had so many quality of life issues if we look back at it today:

No pet/mount/toy collection tab
    No LFR/LFG
    No transmog/reforge
    Weapon skills
    Spell ranks
    Key rings
    Reagent for buffs
    Arrows, bullets, poisons, etc
    No in-game quest helper (not even quest helper addon, check thottbot or whatever)
    Compared to today, raid boss mechanics were crazily simple, and class rotation were almost non-existant
    and ofc vastly inferior graphics
    the list can go on and on

For old players, the only reason to play classic is for nostalgia, as the only thing better we had back then was probably the community, which will never come back again. You liked classic back then because it was new, but classic servers will never give you that feeling because it was a 10+ years old stuff you have played again and again.

As for blizzard, why do they even make classic servers? We have different versions of the same game because there are some vanilla fans? And what is next? TBC servers for BC fans and wrath servers for wrath fans in the future?

If people think artifact power grinding is blizzard trying to prolong people's game playing time and milking more money from subscribers, this classic server idea sounds like an even more desperate way.
    so basically = i'm QQ because the people that want classic got what they want and i'm jealous. ok, sorry mate, classic is real, classic is coming if you like it or not.

I’ll be returning to WoW again when classic releases